Big Fick #1 AAC Coach Two Years In A Row
Bookmark and Share
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
RE: Big Fick #1 AAC Coach Two Years In A Row
(05-20-2021 10:42 PM)C1ncy4Life Wrote:  
(05-20-2021 07:54 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  ^^^^
Good stuff. I remember reading that article before the Ohio State game. I also remember Fick lamenting after the ass beating that he wasn't emotional enough with the team in preparation. He was too business-as-usual. Anywho, I think the other thing about BF is playing for and coaching at a program like Ohio State puts you in the mindset to expect success at a high clip including conference and national chips. That mindset and experience together with his love for recruiting Ohio high school talent and his integrity relationships with Ohio schools really makes for the perfect storm for the UC program. I hate to say it, we may never have the coaching planets align quite like they have under BF. That's why many of us keep saying...enjoy this ride while it lasts. It's been a helluva lot of fun for sure.

No doubt. Fick has at least shown the blueprint for how to be successful at UC. You have to get someone that has extremely deep ties to Ohio recruiting and will garner respect in almost any High School he walks into. Even with that said, it would be extremely difficult to replace him, but at least we know what type of coach will be successful here, even if it is a notch below where Fick has taken us. Hopefully we don’t have to worry about that any time soon, but like you said we should enjoy it because it could come to an end at any point.

For 6-10 years only worry about ND and OSU. Look staying in Cincy making $4 million a year, beautiful Indian Hill Estate, kids in quality Catholic Schools is a decent gig. I repeat PSU does not worry me, with one marginal Catholic school. Here his sons can pick from Moeller and St. X. The girls can select from Ursuline Academy, MND, Summit CD.

Perhaps LF pulls a Frank Beamer.

05-21-2021 05:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big Fick #1 AAC Coach Two Years In A Row - doss2 - 05-21-2021 05:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.