Bookmark and Share
TXHuskieJA26 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
RE: ***2022 Official Recruiting/Verbal Thread***
(06-22-2022 08:47 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(06-22-2022 08:34 PM)TXHuskieJA26 Wrote:  
(06-22-2022 07:19 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(06-22-2022 06:19 PM)TXHuskieJA26 Wrote:  He was pretty highly rated coming out of HS but he had 1 catch for 4 yards in his time at Pitt.

And he started off as a D-end who was converted to TE. Maybe he is just gonna be a blocker? Idk, just gotta trust Hammy

Definitely trust Hammock. Has more than earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to talent evaluation. I just thought I would temper expectations a bit after seeing a fellow NIU fan on twitter listing him as the #2 TE behind Joiner. I think it will be pretty tough to jump Soraghan, Tewes, Gumbs, & Cassens while still learning the offense. If he has some potential, even as just a blocker, that can be brought out of him then he could be a real asset the following year when Soraghan & Joiner will be gone.

I really like Tewes. And not just because he spells tavis - Tewes. He’s a good hybrid blocker/receiver. Soraghan is just a space filler. Eager to see some younger guys break out. Gotta give the Pitt kid a chance.

The future at TE is going to be really interesting to watch. Once Joiner & Soraghan are gone, there will only be one guy who was a TE in HS (Vandenberge). Tewes was a LB, Gumbs & Stinson were WR, Cassens was a QB, Mimes was a DE, & Ozoh was a tackle. Also, all but 1 will have come to NIU as walk-ons. That's really a test for the coaching staff, and they clearly believe they can take guys with certain body types and athletic traits and coach them into productive TE's.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2022 09:38 PM by TXHuskieJA26.)
06-22-2022 09:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***2022 Official Recruiting/Verbal Thread*** - TXHuskieJA26 - 06-22-2022 09:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.