THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
RE: UNCC @ App State, 12:00ET, Sat., ESPN2
(09-07-2020 08:40 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  
(09-07-2020 08:13 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  
(09-07-2020 07:49 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  
(09-07-2020 07:12 PM)ballantyneapp Wrote:  
(09-07-2020 10:32 AM)ah59396 Wrote:  Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Oh well. Can’t wait for the game. I really hope we hammer them and keep CUSA down in the basement where it belongs.

yeah thats the hope. Just never can tell 1st game. I do think its good that our team seems to remember the disappointment with the game last year so hopefully we decide to put them away early.

We should beat them soundly. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t.

I can live with losing to UNCC if they were a capable program. So far they haven’t proven to be. If by 2030 when we see them, they are coming off 10+ win seasons and beat us, so be it. That’s well deserved in my opinion and I’ll applaud them for it. Honestly.

As it stands they are a team coming off a 7 win season in a borderline FCS conference.

Well, that’s a stretch imho... Our top is comparable but these days our bottom is worse. I don’t think there is an argument for that. Like I said on our board, I am excited to see where the Belts best and CUSAs best (arguably) stack up.

That’s the thing, most of the time it’s your best vs ours or vice versa... now we will see. Win or lose, I hope for a good clean game.

Don’t take it as a slight against Marshall. I respect your program immensely and loved watching y’all play on Saturday. So excited to play you all in 2 weeks.

But CUSA’s western division finished closer in parity to the FCS Missouri Valley Conference than it did to the next closest FBS conference, the lowly MAC East. That’s half the teams in your conference basically comparable to Missouri State, Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois (Go Salukis). And if MTSU is any indication, the CUSA East might be a cakewalk for you all.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sa...onference/

I also lurk Herdfans. And see a large portion of your own fans in favor of jumping ship from CUSA to the MAC despite the Tuesday/Wednesday games. That’s pretty telling.

That said, I’m a results guy. If App stinks I’ll be the first to admit it. If CUSA or UNCC or whoever starts dominating I’ll own it. Until then I’ve grown tired of the ODU’s and UNCC’s of the world telling me how good they will be one day because their city has 500,000 people living in it. Sorry, it doesn’t work that way. Unless CUSA stands for Census-USA.

Man, you’re preaching to the choir. The west outside of UAB and LaTEch is not good. And honestly, we have stomped it flat at least once a year that is costly. We have a qb now that I think can be Catoesque... just by watching his skills. But, he wasn’t pressured which Appalachian is sure to do. So like you, In am excited to see where we stand. I honestly think we beat Boise with this kid. Time will tell though.

And no, most Marshall fans do not want to go back to the MAC. We don’t want MACtion and it just isn’t a cultural fit. I think many are hoping for a schism and realignment, but I won’t go down that rabbit hole.

I know it’s tiresome to hear about the UNCC and ODU bravado, but don’t let that discourage you all from coming over and talking ball. Like I said on our board, I have great respect for App...
09-07-2020 08:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UNCC @ App State, 12:00ET, Sat., ESPN2 - THUNDERStruck73 - 09-07-2020 08:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.