Opinion: SLC misses opportunity with Tarleton
Bookmark and Share
Itinerant Texan Offline
Shot Caller

I Root For: On Ye Tarleton!
RE: Opinion: SLC misses opportunity with Tarleton
(05-11-2020 09:06 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  
(05-10-2020 09:58 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  
(05-10-2020 06:52 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  I agree if the Southland had invited us we would have said yes. The reason we are not in the Southland is not on us at all.

Our biggest drawback to moving up is our facilities. We had average to below average facilities for D2 so we are definitely behind for D1.

We need to greatly expand our football field house even with the update it is getting now. We also need to complete phase two and redo what is now the visitors side. We need practice facilities, indoor and outdoor and a bigger weight room.

Our basketball gym is a toilet, a painted toilet but a toilet none the less. Hopefully an upgrade is coming once the new aquatic center is completed. We may horseshoe the west end of the gym to add seats and dressing rooms. We have no practice facilities currently as we practice on the game court. The bleachers in the upper deck need to be replaced with seats.

Our baseball and softball facilities are terrible. Major upgrades are necessary.

We need to add dressing rooms for the tennis courts.

We have a soccer field but no dressing rooms or stands for fans. Also no concessions or bathroom facilities for fans. The women’s program was scheduled to begin playing in 2021 but my understanding is this has been pushed back a year due to the corona.

We could have held out for the SLC, and I think we were for a while after the WAC expressed interest. The one thing i kept hearing why we bolted for the WAC instead was it offered a higher ceiling. The SLC is stagnant, and the WAC is a more dynamic situation.

I think we will methodically address all of the well-known facility issues, but it will take some time. Good news is Hurley gets it. First on the list in my mind is the baseball/softball complex. They need to scrap the whole thing and take a hard look at lesser schools like Weatherford college and step it up. I feel sorry for that new baseball coach trying to recruit D1 talent.

If you think y'alls baseball stadium is bad y'all should see UTSAs03-lmfao

Oh my word. Looked it up, and it"s a doozy. That's just shameful.
05-11-2020 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinion: SLC misses opportunity with Tarleton - Itinerant Texan - 05-11-2020 03:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.