Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will there be a football season?
Baconator Offline

I Root For: My Kids
New Orleans BowlDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
At Will there be a football season?

I am curious what the group thinks about the possibility of college football being canceled in 2020. Right now I would guess that there will be no college football this year.

What happens if schools decide to keep their campuses closed this fall? No students on campus would mean no athletes on campus - and no sports. Can you imagine the national conversation if universities close their doors for social distancing, but allow exceptions for sports?

What if schools delay opening their campuses until late August or September - that would preclude teams having a proper training camp. You can't send unprepared/out of shape kids out to play a contact sport like football.

What happens if multiple teams in a conference decide to close their campus, but others stay open? If half the Big 10 schools stay closed, do those teams forfeit those games?

Are colleges really going to allow their teams to fly/travel all over the country in the middle of next flu season when the corona is likely to have a second run?

I have seen polls that show a huge percentage of fans say they're not comfortable going to sporting events until there is a vaccine for the corona, which is unlikely to happen so quickly. Would games happen in empty stadia? That would be awful.

Right now I just cannot see how college football happens this fall. Curious to hear the collective wisdom of the Parliament though.

04-27-2020 08:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Will there be a football season? - Baconator - 04-27-2020 08:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.