WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Good Grief - This Idiocy at WMU Too?
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

I Root For: WMU
RE: Good Grief - This Idiocy at WMU Too?
(02-29-2020 12:45 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  Mainly as exhibited in the Western Herald. I started calling them on their never-ending GOP bashing and didn't let up. Finally, I exchanged emails with their managing editor and told them all I wanted was a little balance. I reminded them that Michigan voted for Donald Trump and that half of Michigan was Republican, as a public university they owed it to their readers to provide more balance. She-ostensibly-agreed and told me they would 'take actions' to provide more balance. She told me that, since ALL her current journalists were Liberal (she didn't explain how that happened) that she would ask the WMU Student Young Republicans to submit Opinion articles 'now and then' for balance. This was 3-4 years ago and I'm still waiting for even ONE article like that. She either outright lied to me just to get me off their backs or she lacked the sense of fairness to carry through with her promises.

And if you look at the current leadership of Western-Dr. Edward Montgomery-he was an active campaigner for Bill Clinton and Barack Obama and served in both their Administrations. With political credentials like that I hardly expect him to promote fairness to my side, as represented in the Herald or other institutions on campus. What was the selection board thinking by bringing in someone with such strong political affiliation with one party? Doesn't make sense to me, at all. None of our past Presidents had that involved a political background.

Western has started going in directions I don't support. Like I said, I communicated my thoughts directly to them and let them know my dissatisfaction, they weren't interested enough to change. So, I stopped donating. The only donation I made to WMU in over a decade was to the WMU Sunseeker Solar Cart team-and that was a directed donation only for them.

Being one-sided and then seeking financial support from an evenly divided state is pretty darn stupid in my view. You would think they'd take that into account? They haven't. In many cases, WMU has shot itself in the foot-or they would have made much more progress than they have.

Thank you for finally admitting what a complete and total loser you are. You have nothing better to do with your time than to whine and complain to the Herald staff about some perceived bias you think it has? No wonder you want WMU to eliminate 3/4 of its degree majors and focus only on STEP degrees. You hate anyone who doesn't agree with your narrow world view and doesn't do exactly what you want them to do.

That editor doesn't owe you anything in terms of a reply or any justification for how he or she is running his or her paper. She is probably 21 years old and is a STUDENT at our alma mater. She deserves to run her paper as she wants and to make mistakes without having some cranky loser alumni giving her 5hit because he has nothing to better to do.

You need to find some healthy hobbies. Stop embarrassing my alma mater you loser.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2020 02:39 PM by Charm City Bronco.)
03-01-2020 02:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.