Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Market falls 2/24 - Virus or Communist?
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: Market falls 2/24 - Virus or Communist?
(02-27-2020 10:39 AM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  
(02-26-2020 03:19 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(02-26-2020 02:43 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  
(02-26-2020 02:21 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  Any thoughts on the Coronavirus being a retaliation against the US economy for the tariffs?

my post from the previous page.

(02-24-2020 08:17 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Count me as a conspiracy theorist on this if you want, but I'm firmly in the camp that this was a bio weapon that got out. Not only that, but it's a bio weapon that is doing exactly what it is starting to do - wreak economic havoc. Designed to scare the world enough that markets would crash and cripple economic rivals. I dont necessarily think china meant to let it out now, but who knows. Their economy is crashing hard without the virus, this could be their way of dragging us down with them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Either a virus designed to cripple economies got out by mistake, or China knows their economy is collapsing on it's own and the easiest way to bring the rest of the world down with them was letting this virus out in China and watch it ripple through the rest of the world economy. I wouldn't put it past them.

No way it was planned. This mess is likely to have a very bad LONG term effect on China as manufacturers realize there is significant risk in having supply chains in countries like China. I suspect one result will be to spur even more companies to move more of their supply chain back to the US. Frankly, if this virus was manufactured---I'd bet it was designed to keep a population under control. Two places where it would likely be very effective would be Hong Kong and Iran---both places where you have long running growing demonstrations. It is interesting to note---you have outbreaks in both Hong Kong and Iran.

Those that are comparing China's economy with a "normal" country's economy are all wrong. The Chinese government is composed of basically one person and his close allies. The same guy who has bragged about killing off enemies and protagonists. As long as the "ruler" and is allies are not affected who cares? So if a half a million people die directly and another half a million die indirectly afterwards, who cares? It is a COMMUNIST COUNTRY ruled by a "ruler for life". Xi Jinping doesn't give a flip about "his economy" or "his workers" as long as he is taken care of. Which of course he is and will be as long as he is alive. Once it became known the Chinese refused our help, it became obvious. Also, how is that Protest in Hong Kong going? Anyone who dismisses this as planned is naive.

The leadership doesnt care about their people---but they do fear them. Lets not forget that the current government was born from revolution fermented by a poor hopeless working class. There are over a billion of them. There is a reason that China gives people jobs building cities that nobody lives in and shopping mall with no stores. They care about their economy because thats how they maintain power. I guess its possible they would do this on purpose---but I think its very very unlikely.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2020 11:29 AM by Attackcoog.)
02-27-2020 11:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Market falls 2/24 - Virus or Communist? - Attackcoog - 02-27-2020 11:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.