Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Most hated teams in college football
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
RE: Most hated teams in college football
Lessee, as someone born in Columbus, grew up in a county where 9 out of 10 schools in the country league had the Ohio State fight song (I believe the 10th one had Notre Dame's fight song), who went to a handful of games in the Horseshoe when I was young when my Mom was taking classes ... I'm supposed to say That School Up North (but not supposed to say its name).

As a Miami University alumn, I am supposed to say Ohio University. Where my high school band director graduated from, so was where we went to band camp every year. And where my late older brother went to school, so I got to visit on my own a couple of times in my Junior and Senior year in high school ... they had a really great used book store in Athens back then.

As a UTK PhD, and student in Knoxville for six years I am supposed to say Bama. But graduate school just isn't really the same, so it's not required to be the same intensity of hate.

And as a support of my local college, I guess I am supposed to also hate Akron, where my late youngest son briefly went in hopes of playing soccer for a nationally visible school (though he would probably have said Bama since he was much stronger Vols fan than I ever was).

But really, there's an ample supply of hate in the world, I'd rather just cheer for the teams I support and leave the hating for those who reckon there's not enough hate to go around.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2019 07:45 PM by BruceMcF.)
06-14-2019 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most hated teams in college football - BruceMcF - 06-14-2019 07:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.