WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Army-Navy Game, Saturday, 3 p.m.!
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
RE: Army-Navy Game, Saturday, 3 p.m.!
(12-05-2018 12:46 PM)GullLake Wrote:  The Army-Navy game is this Saturday at 3 p.m.

Always fun to watch.

While I am glad WMU does not run a triple option, I enjoy seeing it run - and run well - periodically. This game provides that opportunity.

LOVE the tradition, respect, and pageantry involved.

Here's the history of the game, including past results:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army%E2%80%93Navy_Game

Enjoy! And, for our friend Brovol, GO ARMY!

Thanks brother.

Yes indeed. Army/Navy is in my mind, without question, the greatest rivalry ever. It ain't cheap, but I highly recommend attending at least once, and if you do, get there Friday morning and attend all the events through the evening, and then get to the stadium to watch the "March On" for the corps of cadets and brigade of midshipmen.

My wife and I had never been to an Army Navy game until two years ago when my son was a plebe at West Point. We have attended the last two games, and they have been two of the most special events we have ever been to. It is a combination of heated rivalry, and the highest level of mutual respect, and it goes both for the football teams, but also attaches equally as much the rest of the cadets and midshipmen, the families, soldiers and officers.

There is always a spirit rally at the convention center on Friday night. So much fun it is hard to describe. The bands and cheerleaders, with supporters from both sides. It is loud and to say it is incredibly festive is a gross understatement.

Unfortunately, I will not be attending this year. My wife and I are actually somewhat depressed about it. lol. We will hope to get reports from my son as we're watching the game, but doubt he will be doing much texting during the game. We will be back there next year though, as it will be my son's last year at West Point, and his sister has never attended, so we will be sure to get it off her bucket list.

As I've said here several times before, it is also a really cool experience to attend an army home game at West Point, and spend a day checking out the entire Garrison before or after the game. Different than all other college football experiences, although similar in a lot of ways. Just can't duplicate the environment.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2018 07:02 AM by brovol.)
12-06-2018 06:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: Army-Navy Game, Saturday, 3 p.m.! - brovol - 12-06-2018 06:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.