Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WAC Men's basketball thread 12/5/17-12/9/17
Bookmark and Share
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

I Root For: NMSU
RE: WAC Men's basketball thread 12/5/17-12/9/17
The games I saw last night was one team (Saint John's) that had a lot of undersized athletic players who play hard but not necessarily smart. They were not overly skilled as shooters but was able to scrap for points.

The other team had a lot of skill but because of the speed of the game (opposing defense), were unable to square their shooting form to consistently hit shots. GCU has a lot of growth potential because Majerle plays a lot of youth.

However, to this point, aside from Josh Braun (and Russell), I have yet to see Majerle stick with a player as a starter from the beginning until the end of his college career. For two years, Martin was a starter. Now he comes off the bench. And, Kerwin Smith and Matt Jackson who were once starters for Majerle early on, now continue to slide further down the bench; supplanted by younger and younger players. Heck, not to mention all the players Majerle has discarded (for under performance); no longer fitting his vision. I feel Majerle has failed to fully develop the players who are his veterans; players who might not have as much talent as his freshmen but should have a better understanding of GCU's system and play with a higher basketball IQ like in games like last night. Something is wrong when a coach is consistently playing freshmen over his veteran. There is a lot to be said for playing older "tough as nails" veterans.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 12:22 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
12-06-2017 12:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WAC Men's basketball thread 12/5/17-12/9/17 - NMSUPistolPete - 12-06-2017 12:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.