Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

***Game Thread: "Hate Bowl V" UTSA @ North Texas***
Bookmark and Share
correcamino Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA
RE: Hate Week: Let the Great Hate Debate Begin
(10-11-2017 02:30 PM)MGNation Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 01:36 PM)correcamino Wrote:  I think we both know you are being intellectually dishonest. All losing records aren't created equal (we're at .457) and .300 over the course of 3 decades is alot different than over your first 7 years of existence.

The game should be close. I think both fanbases will likely pick their team in a close one.

Nah.

The fact that NT could produce and fund a program is > than not producing one. So a .300 record and all the good and bad experiences associated with it is > than a N/A. If you disagree with that, then why did UTSA build a program in the first place?

UTSA should have a slightly better win percentage than they do. While there are many similarities between NT and UTSA, UTSA does not have nearly the regional competition that NT does. The circumstances could not be more dissimilar. In the immediate 100 miles only Texas St and UT for attendance.

NT competes with SMU, TCU, and damned-near weekly visits from A&M, 'Bama, Michigan, Arkansas, etc in the Jerry Dome. With all of that UTSA averages 5K more people this season.

With any luck the best UTSA can hope for is a UAB situation.

My statement was that Texas Northern has a trash program, not that they have a young program. Being around a long time doesn't spare you from the trash label.

UT has more clout than TCU and SMU combined. 5k is not an insignificant amount at our level, that's upwards of 25% of what you average. The best we can hope for is a UAB situation? Haha that's just dumb. Give us the opportunity to build a consistent winner before you imply we've reached our ceiling when it comes to fan support. I mean it's always possible we don't ever build that consistent winner (Texas Northern is a prime example of that) but I'm optimistic that we will.
10-11-2017 04:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hate Week: Let the Great Hate Debate Begin - correcamino - 10-11-2017 04:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.