Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats Dukes! From a humbled ECU Pirate Club Member!!!!
Bookmark and Share
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
RE: Congrats Dukes! From a humbled ECU Pirate Club Member!!!!
(09-04-2017 12:10 PM)DoubleDDuke Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 11:17 AM)Purplehazed Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 08:54 AM)Potomac Wrote:  It'll be brought up in every thread every year until he leaves. I can guarantee you. It's the new "FBS or Bust" infection on our message board.

It will be brought up every week one way or another. It's relevant.

If Houston leaves after this season for average or below G5 gig, a la Withers, or a non HC job at a P5, we've got our answer about JMU's conference future.

He may stay a few years if he is waiting on a mid-atlantic ACC gig if JMU treats him well but don't forget we are dealing with JMU, JMU will not pay top dollar for a sports coach.

Dude, unless you're a million dollar donor, what do you expect? It's not that JMU "will not" pay top dollar, it's that they can't. Simple as that. However you want to break it down, we're a stepping stone program and if somebody gives the guy $3 million a year or something, I'll wish him the best and root for him. It is what it is. Hopefully he has an ambition to finally take us up to the next level and we can retain him and pay him.

I should not have used the term top dollar...I meant JMU already stretched for Withers and Houston at $300K. JMU won't widen the pay gap between football and the other sports.

Look at history, wrong or right, JMU won't pay up for a coach.

What do you think will happen, assume JMU runs the table which is tough but could happen.
09-04-2017 01:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Congrats Dukes! From a humbled ECU Pirate Club Member!!!! - Purplehazed - 09-04-2017 01:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.