Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jim Tressell to Akron in Administrator Role
Bookmark and Share
J-BIDDY Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Akron Zips
RE: Jim Tressell to Akron in Administrator Role
This conversation has gotten ridiculous. He is an administrator at the University and is being asked to engage local corporations to grow partnerships with the University. The hopes are that he can effectively network with these organizations to provide real world experience for the students through co-ops, internships, etc... He is also being asked to raise funds for projects that come about whether they are athletic or college based to better the overall student experience on campus. He is also being asked to engage alumni and get them involved back on campus and with our students.

This conversation should not be about Akron Athletics, Kent Basketball or what happened at OSU. This conversation should be about the University who took a chance on an alumnus where they thought his presence on campus will benefit the students, the University, the community and alumni.

Regarding paying $200K for his services, the ROI was in the positive after the first day. He was the lead story on yahoo for nearly an entire day, he trended on twitter throughout the day, and over 200 articles were written on the subject including articles written for the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Crain's etc..

I was skeptical when I first heard about it, but from what I have seen, the investment has already paid for itself.
02-06-2012 05:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jim Tressell to Akron in Administrator Role - J-BIDDY - 02-06-2012 05:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.