Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent St. VS JMU Men’s Basketball on Monday at Noon
Bookmark and Share
jmutoml757 Offline
All American

I Root For: jmu
RE: Kent St. VS JMU Men’s Basketball on Monday at Noon
(11-22-2021 07:20 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  Losing is always disappointing, but today’s game was encouraging for the way the team played defense and never quit. I like the grit and determination of this team. They’re going to win a lot of games this season.

What LH said! I love this team. I don’t think we are the most talented or always the most efficient, and there are those “that should never happen moments”, especially giving up offensive rebounds or making a bad pass. That said, they scrap and fight. Grit. The other team will know they have been in a fight. They also seem to really enjoy playing together. I can only assume it is the culture due to coach. Love watching this team, and I feel proud to root for them. I guess that sounds corny. Haven’t been to a game at AUBC yet; will be in the club for UVA- can’t wait. Getting to night games from 757 can be tough.
11-22-2021 11:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Didn’t see Wooden’s power dunk on ESPN top 10 plays but it should have been. He took body contact on the way up and then power dunked on Kent State’s 6’9” backup
I wish coach would use him as an interior player instead of allowing him to be a finesse player on the perimeter. He has the biggest frame on the team and often wastes it beyond the 3 pt arc (not to mention his low shooting percentage from out there)

[Image: m932Qxc.png]

[Image: Mwj3hlP.png]

[Image: SIJFFgQ.png]
11-23-2021 07:52 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
A lot of our games have been close. In the past I would say this team didn't know how to finish, but that's not the issue. We have been playing very good teams and have been hanging with them. Even when we were down to Kent State, I felt like we were never out of it.
Close games against good teams should help us down the line. While I was bummed we lost, the team didn't play their best and yet was still in the game.
This team is absolutely headed in the right direction.
11-23-2021 08:24 AM
Dukester Online

I Root For: JMU
(11-23-2021 08:24 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  A lot of our games have been close. In the past I would say this team didn't know how to finish, but that's not the issue. We have been playing very good teams and have been hanging with them. Even when we were down to Kent State, I felt like we were never out of it.
Close games against good teams should help us down the line. While I was bummed we lost, the team didn't play their best and yet was still in the game.
This team is absolutely headed in the right direction.

Agree and hope we show the same improvement from Nov to Jan we did last year. We're playing a lot of #100 - #140 teams (perhaps GMU and Kent are top 100) and more than holding our own. Solid start, but we will need to continue to improve to win the CAA regular season and perhaps make it to the NIT which is an extremely challenging, but still possible goal.
11-23-2021 11:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.