Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CAA MBB Transfers 2021
Bookmark and Share
wmmii Offline
1st String

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: CAA MBB Transfers 2021
(03-24-2021 08:34 PM)TDenverFan Wrote:  Out of curiosity, I took a look at Luke's twitter.

He's been followed by coaches at Utah State, Montana State, UIC, Incarnate Word, Colorado State, Troy, Hawaii, Cal State Northridge, Bryant, UW-Milwaukee, South Dakota State, and Loyola.

I don't know if P5 coaches are less likely to follow players, but I would think he has his sights set on a P6 team, or at least a top tier mid major. Utah State and Loyola are both very solid programs, and Colorado State is on the upswing, but I was expecting some bigger name schools.

We do not know the motivation for Luke being in the transfer portal. Is it motivated by sports or finding a school with a grad program that fits his career goals?

Dane has praised Luke and has a true emotional link with him due to his commitment to stay the past two years. Based on this, my gut suggests that career goals maybe driving this process.

Either way, Luke deserves our support!
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2021 09:43 AM by wmmii.)
03-26-2021 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WillaMary08 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WillaMary
Transfers Coming to the CAA:
Delaware: SO 6'3 Logan Curtis (ECU), JR 6'1 Jameer Nelson Jr. (GW)
Towson: RS SR 6'4 Terry Nolan (Bradley)
UNCW: SO 6'6 Trazarien White (Collin)

Potential Transfers Leaving the CAA:
CofC: GRAD 6'1 Zep Jasper (Auburn), JR 6'5 DeAngelo Epps, SO 6'7 Dontavius King (NCCU), GRAD 6'2 Brevin Galloway (BC), JR 6'2 Brenden Tucker
Elon: SO 6'6 Brandon Harris
Hofstra: GRAD 6'9 Kevin Schutte, SO 6'5 Vukasin Masic
JMU: JR 6'3 Jayvis Harvey, JR 6'6 TJ Taylor, JR 6’6 Michael Christmas
Northeastern: SO 6'6 J'Vonne Hadley, JR 6'0 Tyson Walker, GRAD 6'6 Shaquille Walters
Towson: SR 6'2 Jakigh Dottin, RS JR 6'6 Demetrius Mims
UNCW: SR 6'5 Brian Tolefree, JR 6'7 Jake Boggs, JR 6'6 Imajae Dodd, JR 6'5 Joe Pridgen, GRAD 6'7 John Bowen
WM: GRAD 6'4 Luke Loewe

WM Interest:
GRAD 6'5 Austin Butler, Holy Cross (Bollinger 3/3)
JR 6'9 Chase Barrs, Western Michigan (Kemp 3/10)
GRAD 6'1 Conley Garrison, Drury (Boatner 3/11)
RS JR 6'3 Dale Bonner, Fairmont St (Kemp* 3/15, Howland 3/17)
GRAD 6'7 Kaiden Rice, Citadel (Howland* 3/16)
SO 6'3 Tyler Kolek, GMU (Howland 3/18)
JR 5'10 Jalen Benjamin, UAB (tweet 3/20)
RS SR 6'7 Sam Iorio, South Alabama (Bollinger 3/22)
GRAD 5'11 Jarrod West, Marshall (Howland 3/23)
RS JR 6'8 Jimmy Nichols Jr., Providence (Howland* 3/25)
03-26-2021 10:39 AM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

CAA MBB Transfers 2021
"The Citadel transfer and former @RidgeViewHoops standout Kaiden Rice @kaidenrice11 said he has had Zoom calls with Arizona, Butler, Duquesne, South Florida, William & Mary and will some with Loyola-Chicago, UAB, and Nevada. future. Getting lot of interest since going in portal"
03-26-2021 10:56 AM
tribe_pride Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M
As of what we know right now, do we have a scholarship available or is this if someone else leaves? I think (if I am correct) Loewe's free extra scholarship spot at W&M was only for him.
03-26-2021 11:07 AM
WillaMary08 Offline
Heisman

Coach Howland has started following Winthrop grad transfer 6’6 Adonis Arms. Howland’s time at Winthrop did not overlap with Arms’s as Arms, who is originally from Milwaukee, did two years of JUCO and then one of D2 before coming over to Winthrop. A variety of coaches have followed him but he has only followed back the OK State HC.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/adonis-arms
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pla...rms-1.html

Highlights:
https://mobile.twitter.com/AzCoachMikeC/...3817565185
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2021 03:25 PM by WillaMary08.)
03-26-2021 03:24 PM
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WILLIAM & MARY
(03-26-2021 11:07 AM)tribe_pride Wrote:  As of what we know right now, do we have a scholarship available or is this if someone else leaves? I think (if I am correct) Loewe's free extra scholarship spot at W&M was only for him.

I tried like crazy last night to find something on the NCAA website that confirmed that we even got to have an additional scholarship on our roster next season to accommodate Luke should he desire to play his extra year for the Tribe. What I found confirmed the fact that every scholarship player on this year's roster would be afforded an additional year of eligibility, going to great lengths to explain that a player could actually have as much as 6 scholarship years to use up their 5 years of playing eligibility, given that the Covid year did not count against the 5 years to play 4 limit. But what I could not find anywhere was a temporary increase in the 13 scholarship limit to account for the extra year of eligibility afforded to players on this year's roster.

If indeed the NCAA is not expanding the 13 scholarship limit for the next 4 years, that makes for a very interesting recruiting dynamic over the next 4 years, as teams are going to have less roster spots open to incoming Freshman if they allow Seniors with another year of eligibility remaining to hang around another year. And it would mean that we could not welcome Luke back next year, even if he wants to return, unless someone on this year's roster left the program. The fact that we are looking at so many players must mean that the coaching staff is relatively certain that at least one roster spot is going to open up.
03-26-2021 03:30 PM
WillaMary08 Offline
Heisman

(03-26-2021 03:30 PM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  
(03-26-2021 11:07 AM)tribe_pride Wrote:  As of what we know right now, do we have a scholarship available or is this if someone else leaves? I think (if I am correct) Loewe's free extra scholarship spot at W&M was only for him.

I tried like crazy last night to find something on the NCAA website that confirmed that we even got to have an additional scholarship on our roster next season to accommodate Luke should he desire to play his extra year for the Tribe. What I found confirmed the fact that every scholarship player on this year's roster would be afforded an additional year of eligibility, going to great lengths to explain that a player could actually have as much as 6 scholarship years to use up their 5 years of playing eligibility, given that the Covid year did not count against the 5 years to play 4 limit. But what I could not find anywhere was a temporary increase in the 13 scholarship limit to account for the extra year of eligibility afforded to players on this year's roster.

If indeed the NCAA is not expanding the 13 scholarship limit for the next 4 years, that makes for a very interesting recruiting dynamic over the next 4 years, as teams are going to have less roster spots open to incoming Freshman if they allow Seniors with another year of eligibility remaining to hang around another year. And it would mean that we could not welcome Luke back next year, even if he wants to return, unless someone on this year's roster left the program. The fact that we are looking at so many players must mean that the coaching staff is relatively certain that at least one roster spot is going to open up.

It’s unclear for sure. I’m under the impression that the 13 scholarship limit is waived only for this year for seniors staying with their original team. So Loewe could come back even if all 13 spots are filled but anyone else in the three classes after him trying to use that extra year granted due to Covid would need one of those 13 spots. Transfers count against the limit; a transfer coming to WM this year needs a spot and if Loewe goes elsewhere that team needs one of their 13 spots for him.
03-26-2021 04:09 PM
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WILLIAM & MARY
(03-26-2021 04:09 PM)WillaMary08 Wrote:  
(03-26-2021 03:30 PM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  

It’s unclear for sure. I’m under the impression that the 13 scholarship limit is waived only for this year for seniors staying with their original team. So Loewe could come back even if all 13 spots are filled but anyone else in the three classes after him trying to use that extra year granted due to Covid would need one of those 13 spots. Transfers count against the limit; a transfer coming to WM this year needs a spot and if Loewe goes elsewhere that team needs one of their 13 spots for him.

And what you say makes perfect sense if that is indeed the case.. I thought exactly the same thing regarding the 2021-22 roster, that we got 14 if Luke stayed, 13 otherwise, but i could not find anything to support it. Regarding the other 3 years, recruiting would be a complete zoo if your impression is not correct.
03-26-2021 04:18 PM
tribe_pride Offline
1st String

Assuming we are correct and assuming the staff is still recruiting for next year (whether transfer or freshman), the staff is either expecting at least one more person to leave or is preparing in case it happens (which would be smart to do in all cases).
03-26-2021 04:41 PM
WillaMary08 Offline
Heisman

UNCW picks up 6’6 grad transfer James Baker Jr. from Morehead St.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pla...ker-1.html
03-26-2021 06:13 PM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-24-2021 08:34 PM)TDenverFan Wrote:  Out of curiosity, I took a look at Luke's twitter.

He's been followed by coaches at Utah State, Montana State, UIC, Incarnate Word, Colorado State, Troy, Hawaii, Cal State Northridge, Bryant, UW-Milwaukee, South Dakota State, and Loyola.

I don't know if P5 coaches are less likely to follow players, but I would think he has his sights set on a P6 team, or at least a top tier mid major. Utah State and Loyola are both very solid programs, and Colorado State is on the upswing, but I was expecting some bigger name schools.
https://twitter.com/Evan_Flood/status/13...7724055555
03-27-2021 05:43 AM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

CAA MBB Transfers 2021
I keep an eye on transfers from the Wisconsin/Minnesota area due to the Fischer/Kemp history there. Wisconsin big Nate Reuvers (6'11 235lbs) is in the grad transfer portal. Averaged close to 20 mins/game in his 4 seasons with the badgers. Not sure of his basketball goals, but we fit his academic ones. Lifted from the Badgers website: "An Academic All-Big Ten student, Reuvers is pursuing his master’s degree in Business: Supply Chain Management after majoring in Business: Finance and Investment Banking."
03-27-2021 05:55 AM
Naptown Tribe Offline
All American

CAA MBB Transfers 2021
(03-27-2021 05:43 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  

Wisconsin just makes so much sense for Luke on so many levels it seems ... how interesting would a Luke/Chase Big Ten matchup be next year?

As much as I would love to have the privilege of watching Luke play one more year in green and gold, it’s also exciting in a way to think about him playing on a top 25 team in the country. He has given us his all, and deserves nothing but the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2021 07:40 AM by Naptown Tribe.)
03-27-2021 07:38 AM
FauqDawg10 Offline
Special Teams

(03-27-2021 07:38 AM)Naptown Tribe Wrote:  
(03-27-2021 05:43 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  

Wisconsin just makes so much sense for Luke on so many levels it seems ... how interesting would a Luke/Chase Big Ten matchup be next year?

As much as I would love to have the privilege of watching Luke play one more year in green and gold, it’s also exciting in a way to think about him playing on a top 25 team in the country. He has given us his all, and deserves nothing but the best.

Ah, so I suggested as a possibility upthread, Wisconsin is indeed interested. I didn't realize Minnesota was losing Marcus Carr--they'd be a good spot as well.

With all due respect to Luke, the fact that Wisconsin is *not* going to be a top 25 team in a rebuilding year, by their standards, *if* they are not returning their seniors is precisely why he could have a rotation spot there. Similar to Pierce at UNC (who, in fairness, was thoroughly mediocre there).
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2021 10:19 AM by FauqDawg10.)
03-27-2021 10:15 AM
Naptown Tribe Offline
All American

CAA MBB Transfers 2021
https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status/...35557?s=21

03-27-2021 11:01 AM
FauqDawg10 Offline
Special Teams

(03-27-2021 11:01 AM)Naptown Tribe Wrote:  https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status/...35557?s=21

Great fit both ways. As it stands now he immediately becomes one of the better starting PGs in the conference and they look like a high-level tourney team next year.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2021 12:58 PM by FauqDawg10.)
03-27-2021 12:58 PM
Naptown Tribe Offline
All American

CAA MBB Transfers 2021
Walker was a very wanted man:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...e-spartans

03-27-2021 01:18 PM
Zorch Offline
All American

(03-27-2021 01:18 PM)Naptown Tribe Wrote:  Walker was a very wanted man:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...e-spartans

Quote from the article:
"Walker, a 6-foot sophomore from Long Island, earned first-team All-CAA honors this season and won the CAA Defensive Player of the Year award. He averaged 18.8 points and 4.8 assists, and jumped onto the national scene when he scored 27 points at North Carolina in February."

Hmm, maybe that is a reason NOT to schedule those OOC games against high majors?
03-27-2021 06:59 PM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

CAA MBB Transfers 2021
Former Albany G Antonio Rizzuto is transferring to Towson.
03-28-2021 09:36 PM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

CAA MBB Transfers 2021
JMU F Joel Mensah (JR) has entered the transfer portal.
03-28-2021 09:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.