Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mark Hudspeth Named Head Coach at Gulf Shores High School
Bookmark and Share
Usajags Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Mark Hudspeth Named Head Coach at Gulf Shores High School
Gulf Shores High School looks to be building a staff to join the OVC when they lose a couple teams to the A-10.

Wonder when Joey Jones gets announced for special teams.
01-14-2021 10:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
(01-11-2021 05:57 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  
(01-08-2021 01:50 PM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  
(01-08-2021 01:34 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Hope there aren’t too many bridges or stop lights on his commute.

As long as there are no cheerleaders

It’s a much crazier story than a cheerleader.

whats you over under on how long it takes him to get arrested
01-15-2021 07:17 AM
NO_QUARTER Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(01-15-2021 07:17 AM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  
(01-11-2021 05:57 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  
(01-08-2021 01:50 PM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  
(01-08-2021 01:34 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Hope there aren’t too many bridges or stop lights on his commute.

As long as there are no cheerleaders

It’s a much crazier story than a cheerleader.

whats you over under on how long it takes him to get arrested

....what the hell is going on here?
01-15-2021 08:08 AM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
Vic Koenning confirmed as DC for gulf shores. We'll see how well they adapt to the high school game.
01-17-2021 06:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Usajags Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

(01-17-2021 06:43 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  Vic Koenning confirmed as DC for gulf shores. We'll see how well they adapt to the high school game.

That’s a heck of a high school staff. How bad do you have to be to not be able to find a job in the college ranks when you were at the highest(FBS) level??? Now the South OC, he was terrible, so that makes sense.

Not like Gulf Shores is some football power, like Hoover or IMG. This is just a strange staff for a high school. Guess Robert Craft wanted some football attention to the island.
01-17-2021 06:56 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
(01-17-2021 06:56 PM)Usajags Wrote:  
(01-17-2021 06:43 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  Vic Koenning confirmed as DC for gulf shores. We'll see how well they adapt to the high school game.

That’s a heck of a high school staff. How bad do you have to be to not be able to find a job in the college ranks when you were at the highest(FBS) level??? Now the South OC, he was terrible, so that makes sense.

Not like Gulf Shores is some football power, like Hoover or IMG. This is just a strange staff for a high school. Guess Robert Craft wanted some football attention to the island.

Two of these coaches have recently had some controversy around them though and that would make me nervous. Edenfield was not good at all at the FBS level but maybe he will do better at HS.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2021 07:15 PM by Troy_Fan_15.)
01-17-2021 07:14 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
I can't believe Vic Koenning went from being a hot-shot DC to a high school DC in just two years.
01-17-2021 09:17 PM
Usajags Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

If I was a player at GSHS, if I didn’t like my coach, I’d either accuse one of them for mistreating me or sleeping with my cheerleader girlfriend and get him fired. There is a pattern there after all.

Wonder if Neil Brown ever had any problems from Vic before the WVU situation???
01-17-2021 09:40 PM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

(01-17-2021 09:17 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  I can't believe Vic Koenning went from being a hot-shot DC to a high school DC in just two years.

More like 6 months.
01-17-2021 10:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

(01-17-2021 09:40 PM)Usajags Wrote:  If I was a player at GSHS, if I didn’t like my coach, I’d either accuse one of them for mistreating me or sleeping with my cheerleader girlfriend and get him fired. There is a pattern there after all.

Not to my knowledge.
01-17-2021 10:09 PM
HawkFangKarate Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ULM
I'm gonna look Hud up next time I'm down there. Maybe see if he wants to go run some skirt at the FLoraBama.
01-18-2021 11:25 AM
Kermit1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GaSouthern
I remember when Hud’s name was being kicked around as a potential HC at Mississippi State, then everything just seemed to go into meltdown. I’m not in the sort of circles to know what happened, but you don’t have to be in the know to see that there’s something seriously wrong there. Hopefully the guy can sort out whatever problems he’s been battling and can move forward.
01-19-2021 05:49 PM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

(01-17-2021 09:40 PM)Usajags Wrote:  If I was a player at GSHS, if I didn’t like my coach, I’d either accuse one of them for mistreating me or sleeping with my cheerleader girlfriend and get him fired. There is a pattern there after all.

its one thing to make unsubstantiated allegations. its another when the actions are witnessed by entire position groups or in Huds case when you divorce your wife to marry a cheerleader at the school you are coaching at.
01-20-2021 07:35 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
(01-20-2021 07:35 AM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  

its one thing to make unsubstantiated allegations. its another when the actions are witnessed by entire position groups or in Huds case when you divorce your wife to marry a cheerleader at the school you are coaching at.

wait... what?
01-20-2021 09:32 AM
CW Fishman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ragin Cajuns
Hud was never accused of doing anything illegal. These are real people with families. What he did with consenting adults is not relevant to his job now and this kind of gossip has nothing to with sports at all.
01-20-2021 01:16 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(01-20-2021 09:32 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  

wait... what?

Apparently his current wife was once his baby sitter and a cheerleader at UNA. Thought is that he found a newer, younger cheerleader to Wed.

Obviously, it's unsubstantiated to this point but if true would make you question hiring him at a high school.
01-20-2021 11:32 PM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

(01-20-2021 11:32 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  

wait... what?

Apparently his current wife was once his baby sitter and a cheerleader at UNA. Thought is that he found a newer, younger cheerleader to Wed.

Obviously, it's unsubstantiated to this point but if true would make you question hiring him at a high school.

i have no idea why he was fired this time. i was pointing out why he never got a higher profile job when he was doing so well at UL. As soon as they did the background check he was out of contention. whatever he did this time must have been serious considering the success he had
01-21-2021 10:35 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(01-21-2021 10:35 PM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  
(01-20-2021 11:32 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  

wait... what?

i have no idea why he was fired this time. i was pointing out why he never got a higher profile job when he was doing so well at UL. As soon as they did the background check he was out of contention. whatever he did this time must have been serious considering the success he had

A quick Google search shows his name mentioned for almost every SEC opening of the last mid-decade (circa 2015?).

To be honest, I'd be less concerned about hiring him at a college than hiring him in a High School. There are some allegations on Tiger Droppings that I won't repeat here but it's a guy claiming to have primary source level information on Hud's behavior while at UL. Obviously, its a rumor at this point so I won't both furthering it but, if true, it may explain UL's quick decline, and if he repeated that behavior at Austin Peay, why he was fired.

Tiger Droppings is an LSU site so I take the information with a grain of salt but at the same time, it seems all the communities on Louisiana are sort of tight knit and people generally know someone who went to one of the major colleges in the state. Could all be true, maybe not.
01-22-2021 09:12 AM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(01-20-2021 01:16 PM)CW Fishman Wrote:  Hud was never accused of doing anything illegal. These are real people with families. What he did with consenting adults is not relevant to his job now and this kind of gossip has nothing to with sports at all.

I would say that it certainly does impact your job when you do what he's accused of doing, especially at a high school.

Regardless, he was fired from Austin Peay because they found out that he said App State was too hard to get to. Uncharted territory with pack mules and rock climbing and such...
01-22-2021 09:15 AM
runninjoe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: stAte
This guy is a football coach in the truest form- morally deficient and decent at winning games. I wonder what Freeze and him talked about in 2011.
01-22-2021 09:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.