Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

****W12-FINAL: UTSA 23 @ S. Miss. 20****
Bookmark and Share
usm99 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: ****W12-FINAL: UTSA 23 @ S. Miss. 20****
(11-17-2020 12:53 PM)usm99 Wrote:  
(11-17-2020 10:49 AM)TTT Wrote:  No excuse for UTSA not to win this game.

"IF" Whatley plays I say we lose by 4-7 points........"IF" Lowe is the starter then we lose by 17 or more

Pretty good guess I had there. Congrats on the win UTSA and best of luck the rest of the way.
11-23-2020 10:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Colonel Angus Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-23-2020 09:41 AM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(11-22-2020 10:27 PM)Luckyshot Wrote:  
(11-22-2020 08:08 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(11-22-2020 10:45 AM)SouthernMiss3613 Wrote:  
(11-21-2020 09:30 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  Southern Miss played a helluva game. Had me worried. Lovely campus. Had a good conversation with a couple in front of us. Love the hotel I'm staying in too. Just an all-around nice time in Hattiesburg today.

Which hotel? Glad you had a good time. Good luck the rest of the year.

Hotel Indigo, right across the street from the campus. Was 0.3 miles from the stadium. And best of luck to you guys the rest of the year as well. Thanks.

My dorm was where that hotel now stands :)

Wow, yeah, I remember seeing one of your campus bookstores next door, so that doesn't surprise me. You guys have a lovely little town there and very nice campus. Much to be proud of.

I was wondering about one thing I saw, and thought I'd ask you guys. I remember seeing the remains of a tree trunk, laid out across the lawn in front of what I believed to be a chapel, and I was wondering what the significance of that was. It appeared to have cuts in several places (or maybe marked lines), but it didn't look to be a tree that had fallen and just hadn't been cleaned up yet. It looked to be there by design. Does it have something to do with your campus being in the Mississippi Pine Belt?

The 6o ton fossil was found in Mississippi in 1986. The petrified log is said to be in excess of 10 million years old.
11-23-2020 10:15 AM
Eagleholic Offline
1st String

(11-21-2020 09:30 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  Southern Miss played a helluva game. Had me worried. Lovely campus. Had a good conversation with a couple in front of us. Love the hotel I'm staying in too. Just an all-around nice time in Hattiesburg today.

I hope you will have the opportunity to come back again in a Non-pandemic year and get to enjoy the tailgating and true gameday atmosphere on campus.

The game was a good college football game. I thought there was very physical play from both teams. The difference in the game was that UTSA was better in the red zone and won the turnover battle.
11-23-2020 11:18 AM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
(11-23-2020 10:15 AM)Colonel Angus Wrote:  
(11-23-2020 09:41 AM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(11-22-2020 10:27 PM)Luckyshot Wrote:  
(11-22-2020 08:08 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(11-22-2020 10:45 AM)SouthernMiss3613 Wrote:  Which hotel? Glad you had a good time. Good luck the rest of the year.

Hotel Indigo, right across the street from the campus. Was 0.3 miles from the stadium. And best of luck to you guys the rest of the year as well. Thanks.

My dorm was where that hotel now stands :)

Wow, yeah, I remember seeing one of your campus bookstores next door, so that doesn't surprise me. You guys have a lovely little town there and very nice campus. Much to be proud of.

I was wondering about one thing I saw, and thought I'd ask you guys. I remember seeing the remains of a tree trunk, laid out across the lawn in front of what I believed to be a chapel, and I was wondering what the significance of that was. It appeared to have cuts in several places (or maybe marked lines), but it didn't look to be a tree that had fallen and just hadn't been cleaned up yet. It looked to be there by design. Does it have something to do with your campus being in the Mississippi Pine Belt?

The 6o ton fossil was found in Mississippi in 1986. The petrified log is said to be in excess of 10 million years old.

That's awesome!! My wife and I LOVE stuff like that. The wedding rings we gave each other are both half dinosaur bone and half meteor, and I actually played with the idea of majoring in Archaeology for a semester or two at UTSA back in the day. So thanks for sharing. Must take a closer look next time I'm there for a game.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020 03:16 PM by Volkmar.)
11-23-2020 03:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
(11-23-2020 11:18 AM)Eagleholic Wrote:  

I hope you will have the opportunity to come back again in a Non-pandemic year and get to enjoy the tailgating and true gameday atmosphere on campus.

The game was a good college football game. I thought there was very physical play from both teams. The difference in the game was that UTSA was better in the red zone and won the turnover battle.

I plan to. : )
11-23-2020 03:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.