Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Senator Tuberville: I'm Serious!
Bookmark and Share
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
RE: OT: Senator Tuberville: I'm Serious!
(07-16-2020 08:55 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  There was the recent report about Joe Biden's cancer foundation. Brought in over 4 million from various lobbyists/donors, but never did almost nothing but pay salaries to Biden family members before shutting down.

Worst part is that is so common in D.C. (Democrats and Republicans) that it barely raised an eyebrow.

It's definitely a family affair for politicians selling access. Hunter Biden made millions overseas with zero qualifications.

07-16-2020 10:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
(07-16-2020 10:26 AM)RealDeal Wrote:  
(07-16-2020 08:55 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  There was the recent report about Joe Biden's cancer foundation. Brought in over 4 million from various lobbyists/donors, but never did almost nothing but pay salaries to Biden family members before shutting down.

Worst part is that is so common in D.C. (Democrats and Republicans) that it barely raised an eyebrow.

It's definitely a family affair for politicians selling access. Hunter Biden made millions overseas with zero qualifications.

Need that salary cap.

07-16-2020 12:02 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(07-15-2020 12:16 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(07-15-2020 12:14 PM)doss2 Wrote:  The race to win back Alabama is close! Liberal Doug Jones is outraising Coach Tuberville. Your support will be critical to defeating Jones in 2020 and defending the Republican majority in the Senate. Please donate $5, $20.20, $50 or more today to Coach Tuberville for Senate.

I guess I will match all UC money to Jones, double it and send it to TT.

I just convinced 100,000 UC graduates to each give 100 dollars to Doug Jones. Do the math on that and write the check.

How many have contributed to your Jones Fund?

07-16-2020 10:44 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
03-lmfao

09-28-2020 02:03 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(09-28-2020 02:03 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  03-lmfao

Brilliant!
03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

09-28-2020 02:06 PM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
I don't care one way or the other but you could also say Urban quit on Bowling Green, Utah, Florida, and Ohio State or Saban quit on LSU and the Miami Dolphins (not sure about his previous jobs). The two best coaches of this century. Dabo Swinney for president?!

Poor advertising for a state that knows college football very very well IMO.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2020 03:33 PM by natibeast21.)
09-28-2020 02:18 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

Hah! Sure, he "resigned" from Cincinnati just like I "broke up with" my girlfriend when I was in college.

09-28-2020 04:11 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

(09-28-2020 02:18 PM)natibeast21 Wrote:  I don't care one way or the other but you could also say Urban quit on Bowling Green, Utah, Florida, and Ohio State or Saban quit on LSU and the Miami Dolphins (not sure about his previous jobs). The two best coaches of this century. Dabo Swinney for president?!

Agreed.

And that "Go to hell, get a job!" line might actually win him votes in Alabama. Not sure why Jones is using that clip.

09-28-2020 04:14 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

Republican U.S. Senate candidate Tommy Tuberville has a 17-point lead over incumbent Democratic Sen. Doug Jones in Alabama, according to a Morning Consult poll released Tuesday.

The survey of 650 likely Alabama voters shows Tuberville ahead of Jones, 52 percent to 35 percent. Four percent said they would vote for someone else and 9 percent had no opinion.

Terrible UC coach but will be a GREAT Senator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-28-2020 05:24 PM
levydl Offline
All American

I Root For:
(09-28-2020 02:18 PM)natibeast21 Wrote:  I don't care one way or the other but you could also say Urban quit on Bowling Green, Utah, Florida, and Ohio State or Saban quit on LSU and the Miami Dolphins (not sure about his previous jobs). The two best coaches of this century. Dabo Swinney for president?!

Yeah, who could possibly see how silly those comparisons are?

Absolutely love to see UC fans who carped for years about this guy ripping us off now rooting for him to become a damn senator. So good.

09-28-2020 05:56 PM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
(09-28-2020 05:56 PM)levydl Wrote:  

Yeah, who could possibly see how silly those comparisons are?

Absolutely love to see UC fans who carped for years about this guy ripping us off now rooting for him to become a damn senator. So good.

My personal opinion is both are poor candidates to be senator. Does it really matter to me though? Both are likely to just vote with their party lines and not do much else.

My point was that coaching at the college level involves moving on from your “team” almost all of the time. I think it was a bad ad for the targeted audience is all.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2020 06:33 PM by natibeast21.)
09-28-2020 06:27 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

That was a totally lame ad.

Now all Tubberville has to say now is "Winners quit. Losers get fired.".

And that wasn't UC students that he told to get a job, it was BC#1.

09-28-2020 07:33 PM
ZCat Offline
1st String

(09-28-2020 07:33 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  That was a totally lame ad.

Good one!
Where did BC#1 go? He just vanished

10-01-2020 10:36 PM
iBinturong Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(10-01-2020 10:36 PM)ZCat Wrote:  

Good one!

Did he go to he!! Or maybe get a job???

10-01-2020 10:43 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(10-01-2020 10:43 PM)iBinturong Wrote:  
(10-01-2020 10:36 PM)ZCat Wrote:  

Good one!

Did he go to he!! Or maybe get a job???

Funny that this should come up again just now although perhaps it wasn't a total coincidence. More on BC#1 in the back end of this thread:

Goodbye, Farewell and Amen

10-01-2020 11:59 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

Sen. Doug Jones (D) trails Tommy Tuberville, 35% to 52%. I am serious and don't call him Shirley!

10-02-2020 06:26 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(10-02-2020 06:26 AM)doss2 Wrote:  Sen. Doug Jones (D) trails Tommy Tuberville, 35% to 52%. I am serious and don't call him Shirley!

I have no doubt Tubs will win by double digits. Despite his disappointing coaching performance here, he possessed a "likeability" when meeting with him one-on-one and was very good on the platform speaking about college football. I really expected him to end up a college football commentator on one of the major sports channels.

His policy positions align well with his constituency so his lead is no surprise. To condescend and suggest the voters in Alabama are ignorant ignores the political realities. In the same way, if a retired coach from say, USC, was running as a Democrat in CA on a progressive platform and possessed zero political experience, he too would coast to a double digit victory in that state.

10-02-2020 07:28 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

The man has the letter "R" before his name and he's running in Alabama. As long as that "R" isn't preceded by "Statutory" and followed by "apist" he'll Alabama carry by 10+ points.

10-02-2020 12:21 PM
levydl Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-02-2020 07:28 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(10-02-2020 06:26 AM)doss2 Wrote:  Sen. Doug Jones (D) trails Tommy Tuberville, 35% to 52%. I am serious and don't call him Shirley!

I have no doubt Tubs will win by double digits. Despite his disappointing coaching performance here, he possessed a "likeability" when meeting with him one-on-one and was very good on the platform speaking about college football. I really expected him to end up a college football commentator on one of the major sports channels.

His policy positions align well with his constituency so his lead is no surprise. To condescend and suggest the voters in Alabama are ignorant ignores the political realities. In the same way, if a retired coach from say, USC, was running as a Democrat in CA on a progressive platform and possessed zero political experience, he too would coast to a double digit victory in that state.

Tuberville's policy positions? LOL.

Love the silly Both Sides take about some theoretical California politician. In any case, if that retired Southern Cal coach had just fleeced the University of Cincinnati and tanked its football program, yes, I imagine you guys would condescend a bit. Rightly so.

As for Tuberville's likeability, most conmen have it. Once they are exposed, though, their marks don't generally root them on as they run for the United States Senate.

10-02-2020 02:20 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

In states where one party rules, be it California or Alabama, a poodle could get elected by double digits with the right capital letter next to her name.

There is a reason Congress collectively is, and has long been, held in very low esteem in public opinion polling. Twain opined on it more than a century ago, so Senate races such as this one are hardly a 21st century revelation.

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."
Mark Twain

10-02-2020 03:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.