Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread
(09-28-2022 08:23 PM)TUowl06 Wrote:  
(09-28-2022 08:18 PM)Big Frog II Wrote:  
(09-28-2022 06:56 PM)TUowl06 Wrote:  Northwestern will be rebuilding Ryan Field! Damn impressive!!

https://nusports.com/news/2022/9/28/foot...field.aspx

I can't believe they have to spend $800 million for 35,000 seats.

Simply the cost of doing business in a city like Evanston and by extension Chicago.

I know when Temple was considering an on-campus stadium the building costs associated with Philly labor unions and the city government (basically paying people off) were absurd....

That’s nuts. We added 30k seats to Kyle field a few years ago, completely upgrading and modernizing the entire facility in the process to the point that my wife thought it was entirely brand new, and our cost of $485m seemed outrageous to me. $800m for a 35k seat stadium is skipping plaid and going straight to ludicrous speed.
10-20-2022 02:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jimrtex Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston, Tulsa, Colorado
(10-20-2022 01:40 PM)mufanatehc Wrote:  
(10-20-2022 01:14 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  New Domed Stadium For Nashville For The Titans And CFPs

It seems the Titans going have a new home where they will play and to hold the cfps and concerts. No news what will happen to the Nissan stadium that Tennessee State plays at. Could Nissan be giving as a gift to help get them to the FBS levels since they won't be sharing with a pro team anymore?

Nissan's getting demo'd for redevelopment. The financing plan for the new stadium hinges on maximizing sales tax revenue from the area around the new stadium (including the current stadium site) by doing high density redevelopment.

https://www.nashville.gov/sites/default/...1664912656
They could let Tennessee State use the new stadium for a nominal fee.

Or perhaps they could use the MLS soccer stadium, Geodis Park. That is what is does in Houston with Texas Southern using PNC Stadium for football.
10-20-2022 02:06 PM
The Sicatoka Offline
All American

I Root For: North Dakota
(10-20-2022 02:00 PM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  That’s nuts. We added 30k seats to Kyle field a few years ago, completely upgrading and modernizing the entire facility in the process to the point that my wife thought it was entirely brand new, and our cost of $485m seemed outrageous to me. $800m for a 35k seat stadium is skipping plaid and going straight to ludicrous speed.

Chicago construction labor rates plus the insane inflation on building materials and I'm not surprised at all.
10-20-2022 02:12 PM
72Tiger Offline
Up your nose with a rubber hose

I Root For: Larry
DonatorsDonatorsDonators
TSU has it's own 10,000 seat stadium (Hale) that is fine for most of it's games.
10-20-2022 02:13 PM
Cruhawk Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Rutgers
(10-20-2022 01:40 PM)mufanatehc Wrote:  
(10-20-2022 01:14 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  New Domed Stadium For Nashville For The Titans And CFPs

It seems the Titans going have a new home where they will play and to hold the cfps and concerts. No news what will happen to the Nissan stadium that Tennessee State plays at. Could Nissan be giving as a gift to help get them to the FBS levels since they won't be sharing with a pro team anymore?

Nissan's getting demo'd for redevelopment. The financing plan for the new stadium hinges on maximizing sales tax revenue from the area around the new stadium (including the current stadium site) by doing high density redevelopment.

https://www.nashville.gov/sites/default/...1664912656

Not normally a fan of publicly funded pro sports stadiums, but my inner city planning enthusiast is intrigued if it catalyzes for new mixed use development with high density residential (lord knows Nashville needs more housing). Bonus points for the Titans if they build their own equivalent to the Titletown District in Green Bay and names it "Mount Othrys" or "Tartarus"
10-20-2022 02:24 PM
Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
Vanderbilt should move to the new stadium. They are central to the SEC and fans always travel to Nashville so a nice new dome would most likely be 50,000+ a game. With all the corporate sponsors in Nashville and being sec fans they would probably buy up all the luxury seats for Vanderbilt home games just to see other sec teams.
10-20-2022 04:41 PM
Gemofthehills Offline
All American

I Root For: JSU
Latest renderings of JSUs football operations and dorm improvements. Havent seen the latest stadium renderings.

The new plans have removed the dorms from the stadium. Enrollment growth generated a change of plans to accommodate a larger dorm facility.

https://www.jsuchanticleer.com/news/new-...0ba7f.html
10-21-2022 11:30 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
A football hype video but it gives a nice, quick view inside and outside the JMA Wireless Dome

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkzL5Qotn...MyMTA2M2Y=
11-10-2022 08:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
(11-10-2022 08:06 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  A football hype video but it gives a nice, quick view inside and outside the JMA Wireless Dome

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkzL5Qotn...MyMTA2M2Y=

AC yet?
11-30-2022 08:51 AM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
Any updates?
03-29-2023 12:54 PM
HawaiiMongoose Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawaii
(03-29-2023 12:54 PM)Ewglenn Wrote:  Any updates?

The University of Hawaii's president just gave a video update on Aloha Stadium replacement in which he recounts the tortuous history of the project, the recent wrangling over how the new stadium should be financed, and his view on where the project is headed. In brief:

- There's $400 million in state funding already appropriated and available to pay for the replacement stadium.
- He's optimistic that the governor, legislature, and stadium authority are finally on a path to agree that the state will spend the available money to build the stadium directly rather than engage a private financing partner.
- The best case estimate for when the new stadium will be finished and available for use is the fall of 2027 (not actually stated in the video but reported separately).
- To accommodate UH football in the meantime, the university is on track to expand the temporary on-campus stadium (Ching Field) to seat over 15,000 by the opening of the 2023 football season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgxDKqa-JiE&t=376s
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2023 02:03 PM by HawaiiMongoose.)
03-29-2023 02:01 PM
indianasniff Offline
All American

Progress being made at Ross Ade in West Lafayette.

Purdue Stadium South Endzone Renovation

https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/WebCam/cam81

Purdue Stadium North Endzone Tunnel

https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/WebCam/cam80
04-20-2023 08:33 AM
Transic_nyc Offline
1st String

I Root For: Return To Stability
Construction crews removing end zone seats at Vandy’s football stadium

https://www.wsmv.com/2023/04/19/construc...l-stadium/
04-21-2023 07:13 PM
bill dazzle Offline
Craft beer and urban living enthusiast

I Root For: Vandy/Memphis/DePaul/UNC
Here in Nashville:

* Construction is now underway to improve Vanderbilt Stadium. Worth noting: the updates are expected yield some nice elements related to the public realm (a roundabout, for example). As to a previous post and as a Commodore fan: VU needs to play on campus and not in the future Titans stadium. SEC fans who travel to Nashville and who stay overnight typically do so in the various hotels that are located within Midtown and the West End Corridor. This allows the fans to walk to the games. These hotels are, collectively, less pricey than the hotels located downtown (and from which the fans could walk, via our pedestrian bridge, to the future stadium). So that is one reason, IMO, SEC fans spending a bit of time in Nashville might want to see the game at Vanderbilt Stadium. The contrasting argument is that these fans don't care what part of the city in which they spend the night and are fine with either a hotel or a STR. Anyway, VU is not going to be playing in the future NFL stadium so it's moot.

* One Metro Council vote remains for approval of the funding for a future NFL stadium. Getting close. One goal for those who desire the enclosed stadium, obviously, is for Nashville to be able to host both a Super Bowl and a Final Four. As to a previous post: Tennessee State's Hale Stadium is not well suited to accommodate more than one Tiger game per year. I suppose that could change were the facility rehabbed.
04-22-2023 08:18 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
The state legislature of Tennessee just approved $350M funding for multiple Memphis sports arenas and stadiums, including FedExForum, SB Liberty Stadium, the minor league baseball park, and a new pro soccer stadium. Additional funding already raised brings the total to approximately $634M, just short of the original goal of $684M or so.

FEF, about 20 years old, will get a full interior face lift to include max amenities and increased lower bowl seating.

Liberty Stadium, built in the mid-60s, will have one entire side (home side on the west) demolished and rebuilt from scratch, plus the east side luxury suites repurposed, the end zones renovated, and all types of new amenities added, including the halo area just outside the stadium, additional premium seating, more seatbacks, etc.

AutoZone Park, home of the AAA Memphis Redbirds, will get renovations. A new pro soccer stadium will be built, likely on the site of the old Mid-South Coliseum, in the shadow of SB Liberty Stadium.

04-22-2023 09:32 AM
bill dazzle Offline
Craft beer and urban living enthusiast

I Root For: Vandy/Memphis/DePaul/UNC
(04-22-2023 09:32 AM)TripleA Wrote:  The state legislature of Tennessee just approved $350M funding for multiple Memphis sports arenas and stadiums, including FedExForum, SB Liberty Stadium, the minor league baseball park, and a new pro soccer stadium. Additional funding already raised brings the total to approximately $634M, just short of the original goal of $684M or so.

FEF, about 20 years old, will get a full interior face lift to include max amenities and increased lower bowl seating.

Liberty Stadium, built in the mid-60s, will have one entire side (home side on the west) demolished and rebuilt from scratch, plus the east side luxury suites repurposed, the end zones renovated, and all types of new amenities added, including the halo area just outside the stadium, additional premium seating, more seatbacks, etc.

AutoZone Park, home of the AAA Memphis Redbirds, will get renovations. A new pro soccer stadium will be built, likely on the site of the old Mid-South Coliseum, in the shadow of SB Liberty Stadium.

This is a concise and informative overview. Thanks for posting, TripleA, as some posters might not have been aware of the comprehensive nature of the various stadia updates planned.

I'm glad AutoZone Park is part of this overall efforts. Via Google Maps/Streetview, I spent some time last night looking at it and the new and nearby hotels. Downtown Memphis is making nice strides.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2023 09:51 AM by bill dazzle.)
04-22-2023 09:48 AM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Miami adding a new statue of Sean McVay for our Cradle of Coaches plaza, along with a new scoreboard. Nothing earth-shattering, but between that, our new turf from last year, and semi-new IPF and football facility under a decade old we probably have the best facilities in the MAC. Just need to renovate the press box and add some suites for the next phase, it’s been floated for awhile but frankly our arena renovation is a much higher priority.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/...129065007/
04-23-2023 12:52 PM
World Wide Swag Offline
Banned

I Root For: $MU and Vols
(04-22-2023 08:18 AM)bill dazzle Wrote:  Here in Nashville:

* Construction is now underway to improve Vanderbilt Stadium. Worth noting: the updates are expected yield some nice elements related to the public realm (a roundabout, for example). As to a previous post and as a Commodore fan: VU needs to play on campus and not in the future Titans stadium. SEC fans who travel to Nashville and who stay overnight typically do so in the various hotels that are located within Midtown and the West End Corridor. This allows the fans to walk to the games. These hotels are, collectively, less pricey than the hotels located downtown (and from which the fans could walk, via our pedestrian bridge, to the future stadium). So that is one reason, IMO, SEC fans spending a bit of time in Nashville might want to see the game at Vanderbilt Stadium. The contrasting argument is that these fans don't care what part of the city in which they spend the night and are fine with either a hotel or a STR. Anyway, VU is not going to be playing in the future NFL stadium so it's moot.

* One Metro Council vote remains for approval of the funding for a future NFL stadium. Getting close. One goal for those who desire the enclosed stadium, obviously, is for Nashville to be able to host both a Super Bowl and a Final Four. As to a previous post: Tennessee State's Hale Stadium is not well suited to accommodate more than one Tiger game per year. I suppose that could change were the facility rehabbed.

The new Nashville domed stadium should host the SEC championship game. Much more centrally-located in the conference given the new additions than Atlanta
04-23-2023 12:59 PM
Bobcats2011 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TXST / SMU / All of TX
(04-23-2023 12:59 PM)World Wide Swag Wrote:  
(04-22-2023 08:18 AM)bill dazzle Wrote:  Here in Nashville:

The new Nashville domed stadium should host the SEC championship game. Much more centrally-located in the conference given the new additions than Atlanta

Yeah but then all the Bama and UGA fans would have to cancel their auto reservations for Atlanta
04-23-2023 03:16 PM
indianasniff Offline
All American

https://okstate.com/sports/2023/1/19/sta...amera.aspx

Look inside the renovations at Oklahoma State football stadium
04-24-2023 07:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.