ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Michael Hueitt Jr. to transfer from ODU
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!
RE: Michael Hueitt Jr. to transfer from ODU
(04-07-2018 08:38 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  Porter will NOT be back next year. Way too much interest from P5 programs. That is what he wanted and main reason for grad transfer.

Agreed - but I don’t think it’s going to work out how he hopes. We shall see.
04-07-2018 09:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
odu09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(04-07-2018 07:42 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(04-07-2018 09:48 AM)odu09 Wrote:  
(04-07-2018 09:18 AM)monarx Wrote:  I feel bad for Caver. Next season looked like his best chance for the NCAA and his teammates are screwing him over by leaving.

I predict Caver will take the game into his own hands more often than not. He is the unequivocal leader now, the only one here who has played here from Freshman to Senior.
If that is the case, we are in big trouble. Caver is a very good floor general, leader and facilitator ,but when he tries to take the game into his own hands, things don't usually go that well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Caver has improved every year and I don't think he's hit his ceiling. I look forward to seeing what he will do next year

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
04-07-2018 10:08 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(04-07-2018 04:55 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  
(04-07-2018 03:46 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Green played over MhJ for a reason, he was a better player. (Havigg an extra year prolly helped).

Fields had a full year here and a full year in a terrible conference. He hasnt been good at all up to this point. Hes just not good enough yet.

Green should have played ahead of a true freshman after sitting out a year with the team.

As far as your comment about Fields goes ... Good enough for what??? The mighty ODU teams of late? The mighty ODU team of next season?

Was Green's play this season impressive to you? I cut him some slack because he is a freshman, but some people act like he is going to be the next Kent Bazemore.

Not great but solid for a freshman. Hes going to be a very good CUSA player
04-07-2018 10:15 PM
JJMonarch Online
1st String

(04-07-2018 10:15 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(04-07-2018 03:46 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Green played over MhJ for a reason, he was a better player. (Havigg an extra year prolly helped).

Fields had a full year here and a full year in a terrible conference. He hasnt been good at all up to this point. Hes just not good enough yet.

Green should have played ahead of a true freshman after sitting out a year with the team.

As far as your comment about Fields goes ... Good enough for what??? The mighty ODU teams of late? The mighty ODU team of next season?

Was Green's play this season impressive to you? I cut him some slack because he is a freshman, but some people act like he is going to be the next Kent Bazemore.

Green was better as a freshman than Bazemore was as a freshman.
04-08-2018 06:08 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

(04-08-2018 06:08 AM)JJMonarch Wrote:  
(04-07-2018 10:15 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  

Green was better as a freshman than Bazemore was as a freshman.

There have numerous freshmen at ODU that have had a better first season than Kent did. What's your point?
04-08-2018 07:03 AM
T-Mac Offline
Special Teams

The point is that we don't know whether Green is the next Bazemore, which is why it's so perplexing that you're making that statement with such confidence.

Sent from my Pixel XL using CSNbbs mobile app
04-08-2018 07:41 AM
The Flagship Offline
All American

(04-07-2018 06:32 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  
(04-07-2018 06:28 PM)The Flagship Wrote:  Porter's transfer is not a done deal.

Please expand. Haynes stayed after being granted his release due to Talley being dismissed. What do you think would prevent Porter from following through?

He is looking for playing time. He knows he'll have a ton of it here.
He would need a similar situation to transfer. He won't go for 15 minutes per game.
04-08-2018 08:06 AM
The Flagship Offline
All American

(04-07-2018 07:20 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  
(04-07-2018 07:02 PM)T-Mac Wrote:  Porter could decide that ODU is the best option next year.

Perhaps it’s pride, but I don’t want him back. He wants what he perceives to be better, I hope he finds it.

Think that through. Are you sure you know what HE perceives? Maybe you are perceiving what YOU perceive.
04-08-2018 08:09 AM
The Flagship Offline
All American

(04-07-2018 08:38 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  Porter will NOT be back next year. Way too much interest from P5 programs. That is what he wanted and main reason for grad transfer.

That sounds like 100%. In reality, it's not 100%.
04-08-2018 08:12 AM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

(04-08-2018 08:12 AM)The Flagship Wrote:  

That sounds like 100%. In reality, it's not 100%.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps...story.html

Okay - nothing is 100%. So let’s put it at 97%. His remarks in the article sure seem to indicate his bags are packed.
04-08-2018 09:49 AM
JJMonarch Online
1st String

(04-08-2018 07:41 AM)T-Mac Wrote:  The point is that we don't know whether Green is the next Bazemore, which is why it's so perplexing that you're making that statement with such confidence.

Exactly, I haven't seen where anyone claims he is the next coming of Bazemore. One thing for sure, he was a better player his first year than Bazemore was in the same time frame. Also, Green has a big upside just as Bazemore. It doesn't mean he will be better. It also doesn't mean he will be worse. But you can like his game and even comparisons are fair since they both basically play the same position. But comparisons don't mean people imply he is the next coming of Bazemore.
04-08-2018 10:31 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

(04-08-2018 07:41 AM)T-Mac Wrote:  The point is that we don't know whether Green is the next Bazemore, which is why it's so perplexing that you're making that statement with such confidence.

If this posting was in response to a post that I made (not sure if it was) then I would ask what is the statement that you are referring to that was made with such confidence?

Other than that, of course we don't know whether Green is the next Bazemore as far as becoming a star player at ODU. Same could be said for most any player with a year or less under his belt. Personally, I've seen nothing from his play thus far that makes me think that way about him.
04-08-2018 12:34 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

(04-08-2018 10:31 AM)JJMonarch Wrote:  

Exactly, I haven't seen where anyone claims he is the next coming of Bazemore. One thing for sure, he was a better player his first year than Bazemore was in the same time frame. Also, Green has a big upside just as Bazemore. It doesn't mean he will be better. It also doesn't mean he will be worse. But you can like his game and even comparisons are fair since they both basically play the same position. But comparisons don't mean people imply he is the next coming of Bazemore.

No one used the exact phrase that he is the second coming of Bazemore. It was a metaphor!!! I thought that was pretty clear by the usage of the phrase, "some people act like he is going to be the next Kent Bazemore". Notice how it didn't say that they said that he was?

The way people have gushed over him for a large part of the year and even when he was being recruited. Recently one or two others have stated how some other players would have trouble getting playing time behind Green, Stith, and others (some of whom have never played a game at ODU). He has potential to be a good player. Same could be said for numerous others including some guys that used to be highly touted, but now are frequently spoken poorly about.
04-08-2018 12:49 PM
ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

This team needs the next Lee, Hassell, Carter, and Finney. Then we might be in business.
04-08-2018 01:14 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

(04-08-2018 01:14 PM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  This team needs the next Lee, Hassell, Carter, and Finney. Then we might be in business.

Couldn't agree more. Hope springs eternal.
04-08-2018 01:26 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I’m looking forward to the announcement of our newest Monarch/grad transfer. Anyone have inside intel on who we’re targeting?
04-08-2018 06:16 PM
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

(04-08-2018 06:16 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  I’m looking forward to the announcement of our newest Monarch/grad transfer. Anyone have inside intel on who we’re targeting?

Well Jeff jones is still the coach so it's more than likely who will settle for coming to play for him at odu in his last season here as the coach.
04-08-2018 06:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

(04-08-2018 06:28 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  
(04-08-2018 06:16 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  I’m looking forward to the announcement of our newest Monarch/grad transfer. Anyone have inside intel on who we’re targeting?

Well Jeff jones is still the coach so it's more than likely who will settle for coming to play for him at odu in his last season here as the coach.

So no inside intel other than musings?
04-08-2018 06:38 PM
Obiwan Offline
1st String

Porter looking at Arizona too along with Indiana
04-08-2018 07:22 PM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

Heard today from a UVA booster that UVA is in the hunt along with Maryland, Louisville, and many other P5 programs are after him. He will not be back to ODU.
04-08-2018 07:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.