Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Update - Former UNCW coaches and players
Bookmark and Share
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

I Root For: UNCW
RE: Update - Former UNCW coaches and players
It's still called deflection. The way I see it, if they flop in the first round, it all comes back on him, not the players.
03-14-2018 10:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-14-2018 10:26 AM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  It's still called deflection. The way I see it, if they flop in the first round, it all comes back on him, not the players.

If you could hear the tone in his voice while he was boasting. They very well could win a few games, Seton hall is Jeckyl and Hyde. And Kansas is always vulnerable as a potential second round matchup
03-14-2018 10:28 AM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I've got NC State beating Seton Hall, but I can't see them knocking off Kansas.
03-14-2018 10:36 AM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I really hope Clemson makes the Sweet 16 but I see them only winning their first round game, unfortunately. Auburn is really tough. Though if Charleston can pull the upset there, that would change things.

An all-South Carolina matchup of Clemson and Charleston, with Brownell facing his former assistant in Earl Grant, would be very interesting.

A Sweet 16 matchup of Clemson vs. NC State....even better.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018 10:39 AM by Seahawk Nation 08.)
03-14-2018 10:38 AM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

(03-14-2018 10:28 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(03-14-2018 10:26 AM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  It's still called deflection. The way I see it, if they flop in the first round, it all comes back on him, not the players.

If you could hear the tone in his voice while he was boasting. They very well could win a few games, Seton hall is Jeckyl and Hyde. And Kansas is always vulnerable as a potential second round matchup

When McGrath was introduced to us, he said he had the connections to build this program and that it would happen. I like a coach who expresses confidence in his work. It's also a great recruiting tool to sell recruits on their vision of success. It has gotten Keatts to where he is. I was at many luncheons with Keatts at B-dubs and Bluewater. Never came out with the view you have. The confidence and the sharing of his players also was a big selling point to the supporters who were there to experience him first hand. Never heard a single person express what you are saying now.
03-14-2018 10:52 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-14-2018 10:52 AM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  
(03-14-2018 10:28 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  

When McGrath was introduced to us, he said he had the connections to build this program and that it would happen. I like a coach who expresses confidence in his work. It's also a great recruiting tool to sell recruits on their vision of success. It has gotten Keatts to where he is. I was at many luncheons with Keatts at B-dubs and Bluewater. Never came out with the view you have. The confidence and the sharing of his players also was a big selling point to the supporters who were there to experience him first hand. Never heard a single person express what you are saying now.
Plenty of folks have said he is about "him" first, and his actions after he left support that
03-14-2018 12:01 PM
tke75hawk Offline
1st String

I Root For: uncw
Hoops most people I know do not feel this way and that is from Seahawk club members

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using CSNbbs mobile app
03-14-2018 12:06 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-14-2018 12:06 PM)tke75hawk Wrote:  Hoops most people I know do not feel this way and that is from Seahawk club members

I'll digress, we are clearly split here, I'm just the most vocal. He screwed us when he left, sorry while i appreciate what he did while here, taking CJ and screwing us with the recruits we had coming because his guy didn't get the job just isn't on the up and up.
Just my honest opinion
03-14-2018 12:32 PM
jumpinmullet Offline
1st String

I Root For: NA
(03-14-2018 12:32 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(03-14-2018 12:06 PM)tke75hawk Wrote:  Hoops most people I know do not feel this way and that is from Seahawk club members

I'll digress, we are clearly split here, I'm just the most vocal. He screwed us when he left, sorry while i appreciate what he did while here, taking CJ and screwing us with the recruits we had coming because his guy didn't get the job just isn't on the up and up.
Just my honest opinion

I know plenty of people who feel the same way. I felt like I was talking to a used car salesman,just how it went for me. Granted I am a very tough sell and I don't feel it when a guy is looking past me -not that I blame him but it still chaps my ass. Talked to him at Hoggard a couple of times when he there BSing a local kid about playing at UNCW.
03-14-2018 01:02 PM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
(03-14-2018 01:02 PM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  

Just my honest opinion

I know plenty of people who feel the same way. I felt like I was talking to a used car salesman,just how it went for me. Granted I am a very tough sell and I don't feel it when a guy is looking past me -not that I blame him but it still chaps my ass. Talked to him at Hoggard a couple of times when he there BSing a local kid about playing at UNCW.

Is recruiting BSing?
03-14-2018 01:55 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America

Just my honest opinion

Nothing wrong with having the opinion, I think a lot of folks are just getting tired of every thread being driven to the same discussion, same points being raised, etc.

I get that it's that time of year and all, but the obsession here seems to be wearing on folks. Dial 'er back man!
03-14-2018 03:28 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-14-2018 03:28 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  

Just my honest opinion

Nothing wrong with having the opinion, I think a lot of folks are just getting tired of every thread being driven to the same discussion, same points being raised, etc.

I get that it's that time of year and all, but the obsession here seems to be wearing on folks. Dial 'er back man!
I heard an interview last night just sharing what i heard, and I got jumped on..... for the record
03-14-2018 03:39 PM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

But how many times have you sat in and listened to him and/or his staff and heard what they had to say? Look, I didn't like what happened, but I can accept it and move on. We are still in much better shape than we were when he got here. And, as far as I'm concerned, that's what should count. It's now up to McGrath to pick up what we have and build on to it.
03-14-2018 04:24 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(03-14-2018 03:39 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  

Just my honest opinion

I heard an interview last night just sharing what i heard, and I got jumped on..... for the record

Hoops, I like you man, but this isn't the first time we've gone round for round on this topic and all reached the same point is all I'm saying. Keatts left. He took Bryce. Keatts likes himself. These are all statements that have been made numerous times with no logical conclusion in the matter other than agreeing to disagree that some people really like Keatts still and others don't.

Constantly dropping your bait and waiting for someone to take it then making the SAME statements over and over like it's something we don't all know about your feelings has already come to the point where I've had to end threads, move them to other forums, etc.

My words were a simple "C'mon, please" version of make this a place people want to read and comment and not the same argument over and over and over.
03-14-2018 04:36 PM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

Just my honest opinion

I agree with you. Back when I first joined in January I was vocal about my opinion of Keatts. As a result I think I offended 82Hawk...so I have backed off and am just trying to move on, just like Keatts did.
03-14-2018 07:16 PM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

(03-14-2018 04:36 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  

Just my honest opinion

Hoops, I like you man, but this isn't the first time we've gone round for round on this topic and all reached the same point is all I'm saying. Keatts left. He took Bryce. Keatts likes himself. These are all statements that have been made numerous times with no logical conclusion in the matter other than agreeing to disagree that some people really like Keatts still and others don't.

Constantly dropping your bait and waiting for someone to take it then making the SAME statements over and over like it's something we don't all know about your feelings has already come to the point where I've had to end threads, move them to other forums, etc.

My words were a simple "C'mon, please" version of make this a place people want to read and comment and not the same argument over and over and over.

To be fair to SeahawkHoops, there has been another poster on the other side that brings up Keatts's brilliance whenever possible.
03-14-2018 07:21 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-14-2018 07:21 PM)Seahawk2010 Wrote:  
(03-14-2018 12:32 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  I'll digress, we are clearly split here, I'm just the most vocal. He screwed us when he left, sorry while i appreciate what he did while here, taking CJ and screwing us with the recruits we had coming because his guy didn't get the job just isn't on the up and up.
Just my honest opinion

To be fair to SeahawkHoops, there has been another poster on the other side that brings up Keatts's brilliance whenever possible.
Yup apparently it’s only ok to bring him up when he does something great, but when he doesn’t we can’t call BS. I heard an interview I stated what happened in said interview and it snowballed again. Why don’t we just not bring up said coach? I’d be ok with that but it has to go both ways
03-14-2018 09:33 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(03-14-2018 09:33 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(03-14-2018 07:21 PM)Seahawk2010 Wrote:  
(03-14-2018 03:28 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  Nothing wrong with having the opinion, I think a lot of folks are just getting tired of every thread being driven to the same discussion, same points being raised, etc.

Yup apparently it’s only ok to bring him up when he does something great, but when he doesn’t we can’t call BS. I heard an interview I stated what happened in said interview and it snowballed again. Why don’t we just not bring up said coach? I’d be ok with that but it has to go both ways

Feel free to pm me your concerns.
03-15-2018 05:36 AM
jumpinmullet Offline
1st String

I Root For: NA
(03-14-2018 01:55 PM)82hawk Wrote:  
(03-14-2018 01:02 PM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  

Just my honest opinion

Is recruiting BSing?

Call it whatever you want but I have been around a long time and I know BS when I hear it. He was flat out leading the kid on and it affected his decision making process. Be honest or be gone is what my Dad always told us. Keatts is all about Keatts but he is not the only college coach that has himself first and foremost. He wins so far and that is what he is paid to do. I would not consider letting my son play for him if I had a kid that good. He is the only UNCW basketball coach I could that about I think.
03-15-2018 08:43 AM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
Name any other former coach or player that if we talk about their success beyond UNCW, elicits all the trash brought to this board? I have opinions about plenty of them, but I focus on the positives because they coached or played hear. Brownell, for the the most part, has sucked as a coach at Clemson. To the point he was close to being fired. Should I bring up his faults and crappy records any time someone brings his name to this board?

The real question is, why do any of you feel an obligation to trash someone just because someone says something positive about them? I posted two times about Keatts at NCSU, and it brought about multiple posts bashing him endlessly.

The first post was actually about Keatts and Brownell when they played each other, and I posted about the segment they were doing talking about their mutual history at UNCW. In that thread, NCSU won at the very end, which brought on the HeManKeattsHatingClub.

The 2nd. post was when NCSU was assured a + .500 season and a top five finish. I posted it because it was stated there was no way they would finish that high. Which again brought out the HeManKeattsHating club.

That's it. Those were the only two posts I initiated about Keatts since he went to NCSU. Yet, look at the non-stop hate spewed multiple times by multiple posters. I just happen to be the one defending against all the non-stop hate. If you want to stop the nonsense, simply ignore the non-negative posts I make about Keatts twice per year. Even when I created a whole new thread to kill the topic, Hoops couldn't stop himself from reviving the hate.
03-15-2018 09:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.