Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
Bookmark and Share
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
(05-16-2016 01:57 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  
(05-16-2016 01:32 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Love it!

they did a good job with that cover!

Good Owl. I believe we need to invite UCGrad1992 to our party when Stinkfist gets around to throwing it at his place! Lol. He's right up my playlist with his selections.

Btw, still loving that B.A.D. You put me on to. I've got the disc on repeat in my car. Only problem is this time of year I drive my old pickup truck the most.
05-16-2016 03:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
(05-16-2016 03:13 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  Good Owl. I believe we need to invite UCGrad1992 to our party when Stinkfist gets around to throwing it at his place! Lol. He's right up my playlist with his selections.

Btw, still loving that B.A.D. You put me on to. I've got the disc on repeat in my car. Only problem is this time of year I drive my old pickup truck the most.

Yeah, I think so too. He can bring the local native dish from up WKRP way (remember--turkeys cannot fly.)

The B.A.D. is surprisingly infectious, isn't it? There's a lot of layers in there and the hooks are pretty effective. Glad you enjoy it. What kind of truck you drivin'?
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2016 03:17 PM by GoodOwl.)
05-16-2016 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(05-16-2016 03:04 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  I know this guy gets a lot of grief in the press, sometimes portrayed as a prick but I really like his stuff. This one came up on the playlist while I was mowing the other day. It's one of his more recent items but I've liked his music since the first time I heard him play.

The Raconteurs - Level

Got into them when Elephant came out ( that is the album with 7 Nation Army). I liked it enough to get back catalog at that point and get future Stripes material. I have always been impressed with the sound their 2/3 piece can put out.

I've liked his solo work also.

How are The Raconteurs? Isn't that like another side project of his with different band mates than he uses for his solo work?
05-16-2016 03:39 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

for some reason, those tunes reminded me of this one, from a different era:

Artist: Hipsway
Album: Hipsway
Track: "The Honeythief"
1986 Mercury Records

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2016 03:51 PM by GoodOwl.)
05-16-2016 03:43 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Got into them when they hit. Amy Lee's vocals and the rock of the music just work.
05-16-2016 04:35 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Ohh yeah, finished binging out on that DMX action:

So, some random DMX stuff...

DMX AND ALL THE GUEST MCS kill it on this track

Tried to post the non-traditional DMX posts.... personally, I really feel the fire and energy in his raps.... I like a lot of his stuff but I think if he could get on some other subjects he could so much better than he is currently.
05-16-2016 04:45 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(05-16-2016 03:16 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  
(05-16-2016 03:13 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  Good Owl. I believe we need to invite UCGrad1992 to our party when Stinkfist gets around to throwing it at his place! Lol. He's right up my playlist with his selections.

Yeah, I think so too. He can bring the local native dish from up WKRP way (remember--turkeys cannot fly.)

The B.A.D. is surprisingly infectious, isn't it? There's a lot of layers in there and the hooks are pretty effective. Glad you enjoy it. What kind of truck you drivin'?

I got lucky. A friend I worked with had his mother going into assisted living. This truck belonged to his dad who bought it new and used on a farm and he'd passed away a few years back.

It's a bare bones 1996 GMC Sierra C-1500. 2WD. Full bed. Regular cab. Only had 139k on it all put on by his dad. One side is a little wavy where his dad rubbed up against stuff his last few years of driving but it runs great. I've been fixing little things on it since I bought it like a bad taillight. The drivers side door had a broken handle inside so you had to roll the window down and Dukes of Hazard open it from the outside. I fixed that under 15 dollars. That handle breaks commonly on the Chevys.

4.3 Liter V6 and gets around 15 in the city. Perfect for what I use it for now that I'm retired. During the summer it keeps the G37x in the driveway. It's in good enough shape mechanically that I have no reservations about driving a 20 year old vehicle to Bonnaroo next month.

My buddy originally was asking 1800 but he said his older brother looked it over and felt with the things wrong with it that he wouldn't feel right asking more than 1500. I told my friend to have his brother go over it with a fine tooth comb....lol. Trucks go very high around here in the commonwealth. Even 20 year old trucks that run. High demand. I've got a little trailer that a different friend wasn't using to haul the mower to my parents house.

I LOVE this old truck. Everyone needs one. I had one years ago and regretted giving it to my brother when he was in need. We took my son's stereo out of a car he was gonna junk so it has a nice little Sony Bluetooth deck in it. I need to throw some 6.5 Polks in the door and I'll be ready.
05-16-2016 05:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(05-16-2016 03:39 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(05-16-2016 03:04 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  I know this guy gets a lot of grief in the press, sometimes portrayed as a prick but I really like his stuff. This one came up on the playlist while I was mowing the other day. It's one of his more recent items but I've liked his music since the first time I heard him play.

The Raconteurs - Level

Got into them when Elephant came out ( that is the album with 7 Nation Army). I liked it enough to get back catalog at that point and get future Stripes material. I have always been impressed with the sound their 2/3 piece can put out.

How are The Raconteurs? Isn't that like another side project of his with different band mates than he uses for his solo work?

I'm no expert on them but everything I've heard by them I liked. Mostly on the College radio station here at Western. 91.7 The Revolution.

He's also been involved with The Dead Weather. From what I've heard of them they are different from his other stuff. Not like it's pop or anything . It rocks. But it has a different sound than his other work.

Dude can play. He has a great ear for what works too. He obviously doesn't mind putting in work.
05-16-2016 05:33 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U

Count me in Gents! Good music all around with grillin' and chillin' w/friends.
05-16-2016 06:55 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(05-16-2016 05:33 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(05-16-2016 03:39 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

The Raconteurs - Level

I'm no expert on them but everything I've heard by them I liked. Mostly on the College radio station here at Western. 91.7 The Revolution.

He's also been involved with The Dead Weather. From what I've heard of them they are different from his other stuff. Not like it's pop or anything . It rocks. But it has a different sound than his other work.

Dude can play. He has a great ear for what works too. He obviously doesn't mind putting in work.

Count me in as a fan of Jack. He looks a little like Johnny Depp but the comparisons stop there as he can really play guitar. He is very creative in an outside-the-musical-box kind of way and yet he can make some catchy riffs and quality tunes. I've always been amazed at the amount of sound he got from the two piece band The White Stripes. Here's one of my all-time favs from them...

05-16-2016 07:25 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

Walls of sound - in this case amplification is a beautiful thing...basic drum beats too. Overall simple formula and yet effective...

05-16-2016 07:34 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

Last one and I'll quit. This is truly amazing stuff. Makes me want to grab a drum kit and pound it out...

05-16-2016 07:36 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(05-16-2016 07:36 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Last one and I'll quit. This is truly amazing stuff. Makes me want to grab a drum kit and pound it out...

I am working backwards tonight....but jack is too much fun.....he's a crazy bastage and meg is sexy in her way....many posts I've made in tribute....they fk'd that combo up.....was beautiful....

my fave delving into his carnal swirl......

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2016 07:45 PM by stinkfist.)
05-16-2016 07:41 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

can't decide where this goes so i put it in both.

Artist: The Firm (no, not that one)
Album: Serious Fun
Song: "Star Trekkin"
June 1, 1987 Bark Records

Note the Captain's 'log' in Kirk's lap in the video!

Star Trekkin' is a cumulative song. Each time the refrain is sung, one more character's tag line is added:

Uhura: "There's Klingons on the starboard bow."
Spock: "It's life, Jim, but not as we know it." This was not actually said in the original Star Trek series but the song has so populariZed the phrase that it is now commonly mis-attributed to the original. The closest equivalent in the original is "No life as we know it" in "The Devil in the Dark". It might be that the writers took this phrase from an essay written by the famous science fiction author Isaac Asimov, written in 1981, called "Not As We Know It. The Chemistry of Life".
McCoy: "It's worse than that — he's dead, Jim!"
Kirk: "We come in peace; shoot to kill."
Scotty: "Ye cannae change the laws of physics!"

05-16-2016 08:15 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(05-16-2016 06:55 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

I say hellz yeah...bunks are available 03-wink

I am so listening to crickets now (might be eatin' a few t00 at this point)

too much fun listening to chirping air....

hoody hoooo.....everyone is invited to 'that' party!

05-16-2016 08:44 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Ohh Meg can kill it on the drums no doubt.... yall got me wanting to dig into the crates for classic White Stripes stuff.
05-16-2016 08:58 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(05-16-2016 08:44 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(05-16-2016 06:55 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

I say hellz yeah...bunks are available 03-wink

I am so listening to crickets now (might be eatin' a few t00 at this point)

too much fun listening to chirping air....

hoody hoooo.....everyone is invited to 'that' party!

Hey S.F.! I hear you have some high flyin' and stylin' bunks...Niiice!

[Image: cool-bunk-beds-space-saving-and-fun-desi...k-beds.jpg]
05-16-2016 09:00 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(05-16-2016 08:58 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Ohh Meg can kill it on the drums no doubt.... yall got me wanting to dig into the crates for classic White Stripes stuff.

Yep! Lots of good stuff from Meg and Jack. Solo Jack and the Raconteurs is all good too.
05-16-2016 09:04 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

The idea for a White Stripes binge was a good idea... blown through

...so far...

Jam out on these full albums...

Full album as a playlist for "The White Stripes"

"De Stijl"

"White Blood Cells"

"Elephant"
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2016 03:10 PM by PirateTreasureNC.)
05-17-2016 02:19 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

A good live Santana jam on Soul Sacrifice...

05-17-2016 10:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.