CSNbbs
Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… (/thread-962083.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - kdblazer - 01-04-2023 09:58 PM

(01-04-2023 09:53 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  
(01-04-2023 09:48 PM)kdblazer Wrote:  Can we focus on our coaches now? How do we stack up now that most of the coaching positions are filled?
That's not the subject of this thread. There are other threads for that discussion.
You got me 03-hissyfit....carry on03-drunk

RE: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - blazers9911 - 01-04-2023 10:45 PM

(01-04-2023 09:55 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  So are we clubbing BV like a baby seal or not?

Does he have anything else to say?

RE: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - DuelingDragon - 01-04-2023 10:47 PM

(01-04-2023 09:16 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  
(01-04-2023 08:13 PM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  BV was not and never was going be hired by Gus.

BV didn’t have many options because there are not many openings.

There were a lot of Offensive Coordinator openings this season:

Arizona State
Auburn
Boise State
California
Charlotte
Cincinnati
Coastal Carolina
Colorado
FAU
Georgia Tech
Kent State
Kentucky
Liberty
Louisville
Mississippi State
Navy
Nebraska
North Carolina
NC State
North Texas
Oregon
Purdue
Rutgers
South Carolina
Stanford
Syracuse
Tennessee
Texas State
Tulsa
UAB
UCF
UNLV
USF
UTSA
Washington State
WKU
Western Michigan
West Virginia
Wisconsin

And he ended up at #130th out of #131 football programs in the country. Come on, man.

Uh, most not open by mid December man. By the time he was searching, good many of these were filled or deep into the process or he wasn’t applying to them. You can’t just throw a list out there as if he had his pick of these to pursue and was passed on them

RE: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - Marathon Blazer - 01-04-2023 11:34 PM

(01-04-2023 10:47 PM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  
(01-04-2023 09:16 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  
(01-04-2023 08:13 PM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  BV was not and never was going be hired by Gus.

BV didn’t have many options because there are not many openings.

There were a lot of Offensive Coordinator openings this season:

Arizona State
Auburn
Boise State
California
Charlotte
Cincinnati
Coastal Carolina
Colorado
FAU
Georgia Tech
Kent State
Kentucky
Liberty
Louisville
Mississippi State
Navy
Nebraska
North Carolina
NC State
North Texas
Oregon
Purdue
Rutgers
South Carolina
Stanford
Syracuse
Tennessee
Texas State
Tulsa
UAB
UCF
UNLV
USF
UTSA
Washington State
WKU
Western Michigan
West Virginia
Wisconsin

And he ended up at #130th out of #131 football programs in the country. Come on, man.

Uh, most not open by mid December man. By the time he was searching, good many of these were filled or deep into the process or he wasn’t applying to them. You can’t just throw a list out there as if he had his pick of these to pursue and was passed on them

As of 3 weeks ago, I know there was one other program that offered BV. I wasn’t told which one, but I know there were a couple.

RE: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - demiveeman - 01-04-2023 11:45 PM

(01-04-2023 10:47 PM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  Uh, most not open by mid December man. By the time he was searching, good many of these were filled or deep into the process or he wasn’t applying to them. You can’t just throw a list out there as if he had his pick of these to pursue and was passed on them

lol I know he didn't have the pick of these. That's my point. He wasn't going to be considered for most of these. The entire country knew he was an interim - any number of those programs could have called if they were actually interested.

Vincent could have interviewed or entertained calls freely. He didn't have to wait to December. He chose to wait (if he did).

I'm not buying that it's just timing that Vincent took such a bad job (and it is a bad job...but I guess in this economy, any job is better than none). Vincent took one of the few jobs that was willing to take him at the OC position. There weren't any more Bill Clark's out there saving spots for him.

But I admit I've never been a huge Vincent fan...and that's been consistent for at least 4 years...and I think it's clear that his demand was low (which makes the fan push to try and force him down our throats even more egregious). So am I a hater? Yeah, probably...and an ass too lol.

:-) But I also can't say that I won't be at least mildly curious to watch what happens at New Mexico next season. I would be absolutely floored if he's able to help them get even close to bowl eligible.

RE: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - busch - 01-05-2023 12:44 AM

(01-04-2023 11:45 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  
(01-04-2023 10:47 PM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  Uh, most not open by mid December man. By the time he was searching, good many of these were filled or deep into the process or he wasn’t applying to them. You can’t just throw a list out there as if he had his pick of these to pursue and was passed on them

lol I know he didn't have the pick of these. That's my point. He wasn't going to be considered for most of these. The entire country knew he was an interim - any number of those programs could have called if they were actually interested.

Vincent could have interviewed or entertained calls freely. He didn't have to wait to December. He chose to wait (if he did).

I'm not buying that it's just timing that Vincent took such a bad job (and it is a bad job...but I guess in this economy, any job is better than none). Vincent took one of the few jobs that was willing to take him at the OC position. There weren't any more Bill Clark's out there saving spots for him.

But I admit I've never been a huge Vincent fan...and that's been consistent for at least 4 years...and I think it's clear that his demand was low (which makes the fan push to try and force him down our throats even more egregious). So am I a hater? Yeah, probably...and an ass too lol.

:-) But I also can't say that I won't be at least mildly curious to watch what happens at New Mexico next season. I would be absolutely floored if he's able to help them get even close to bowl eligible.
He had other offers and interest. He chose New Mexico. Fact.

RE: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - 58-56 - 01-05-2023 01:01 AM

(01-04-2023 11:45 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  I'm not buying that it's just timing that Vincent took such a bad job (and it is a bad job...but I guess in this economy, any job is better than none).

He made $290,938 in 2021 from UAB. Derek Warehime, the previous OC at UNM, made $250,125. It's not like these guys are fighting for jobs as fry cooks. Vincent's 2021 salary puts him in the 98th income percentile for the United States.

Who mourns for Adonais? Oh, come forth,
Fond wretch! and know thyself and him aright.
Clasp with thy panting soul the pendulous Earth;
As from a centre, dart thy spirit's light
Beyond all worlds, until its spacious might
Satiate the void circumference: then shrink
Even to a point within our day and night;
And keep thy heart light lest it make thee sink
When hope has kindled hope, and lur'd thee to the brink.

RE: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - ICB - 01-05-2023 05:53 AM

(01-05-2023 12:44 AM)busch Wrote:  
(01-04-2023 11:45 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  

He had other offers and interest. He chose New Mexico. Fact.

I heard that too, But I also heard they weren’t all FBS and NM gave him the play calling autonomy which was a must for him. Regardless, he made the best choice for himself and he could have gone away with the thank yous he got when it was announced, but he decided to leave a couple verbal land mines which have zero merit thus we’re still talking about him.

RE: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - blazers9911 - 01-05-2023 08:40 AM

Bingo. We all thought he left graciously and handled things well, and then he threw a few parting shots. That’s on him. I was happy to see he got another job and wish him nothing but the best.

RE: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - UAB Band Dad - 01-05-2023 02:34 PM

UNM's DC, Rocky Long, ran the only part of the team that was half decent last season. The offense left his D squad trying to defend a short field entirely too often. He just took the DC job at Syracuse.

I suspect that the Lobos are going to be very bad indeed next season. Best of luck to BV, because he's going to need it.

RE: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - Marathon Blazer - 01-06-2023 06:48 AM

Cornelius Williams will follow Coach Vincent to be the WR coach at New Mexico. https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1611075704015183879?s=46&t=wHGVLXhs4aIUEnG2JWZAqA

RE: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - WesternBlazer - 01-06-2023 08:39 AM

Steve Irvine@SteveIrvine04

Expect it to be announced this week that Cam Blankenship will be offensive line coach at New Mexico.

RE: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - ATTALLABLAZE - 01-06-2023 08:50 AM

Happy for Cam. He has a bright future.

RE: Bryant Vincent being targeted for OC by… - C-Finder - 03-06-2023 04:05 PM

In case y'all are interested

Lobos Spring Showcase