CSNbbs
No postseason for the Men - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: No postseason for the Men (/thread-944370.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

No postseason for the Men - OSUFALCON - 03-13-2022 09:27 PM

What a shame, I see that both the CBI and the The Basketball Classic (was CIT) left Kent State out.

RE: No postseason for the Men - dannyb73 - 03-13-2022 09:33 PM

(03-13-2022 09:27 PM)OSUFALCON Wrote:  What a shame, I see that both the CBI and the The Basketball Classic (was CIT) left Kent State out.

I was told we are playing in The Basketball Classic.

RE: No postseason for the Men - dannyb73 - 03-13-2022 09:40 PM

(03-13-2022 09:27 PM)OSUFALCON Wrote:  What a shame, I see that both the CBI and the The Basketball Classic (was CIT) left Kent State out.

Also, the CBI didn't leave KSU out. There was a financial commitment that we were not going to make, so we withdrew ourselves from consideration.

RE: No postseason for the Men - Older and Older - 03-13-2022 09:47 PM

(03-13-2022 09:40 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  

Also, the CBI didn't leave KSU out. There was a financial commitment that we were not going to make, so we withdrew ourselves from consideration.

Exactly. Toledo was automatic for NIT as reg season champ
Other tourneys you buy in. Home games more expensive than road game
Not interested

RE: No postseason for the Men - Muskrat - 03-13-2022 09:52 PM

(03-13-2022 09:47 PM)Older and Older Wrote:  

Not interested
From what I've read, lots of teams aren't interested in the CBI or the tournament formerly known as CIT. Apparently, Ohio University doesn't mind the financial commitment.

RE: No postseason for the Men - dannyb73 - 03-13-2022 09:52 PM

Not interested

We are playing in the Basketball Classic which is the old CIT and has been rebranded. There is no financial commitment. The ticket sales go to the organization. It will be announced shortly.

RE: No postseason for the Men - OSUFALCON - 03-13-2022 10:51 PM

(03-13-2022 09:52 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  

Not interested

We are playing in the Basketball Classic which is the old CIT and has been rebranded. There is no financial commitment. The ticket sales go to the organization. It will be announced shortly.

Well that’s good to hear, would hate to see them end on the sour note they ended on.

RE: No postseason for the Men - Muskrat - 03-14-2022 06:24 AM

I can't find a bracket anywhere for The Basketball Classic. The NCAA bracket is available on thousands, at least, sites. Both the NIT and CBI are easy to find. If the players want to continue playing, I'm OK with it. But, if their hearts aren't in it, they shouldn't play. Many of you are old enough to remember when the NCAA had consolation games for the losers in the regional and "Final Four". Those games were awful because the players often would rather have gone home, and it showed on the court. Before the NFL merged and the East and West regular season winners met for the championship, for a while they had the "Runner-Up Bowl", where the two second place finishers played. That was awful, too, because it was obvious that the players, while they liked the extra money, weren't all that concerned with winning.

RE: No postseason for the Men - fallsdog - 03-14-2022 06:30 AM

For many fans these tournaments come with a darned if you do darned if you don’t feel. On one hand we want to see our team play and succeed. On the other hand a loss in these things is usually followed by a “why did they agree to play?” Believe me I’ve been that fan.

I will be curious to see who Kent draws. These tournaments do offer the possibility of some cool matchups.

RE: No postseason for the Men - AlphaFlash - 03-14-2022 07:03 AM

I'm not seeing anything about Kent playing on social media. And nothing on the internet at all.

RE: No postseason for the Men - Muskrat - 03-14-2022 07:44 AM

(03-14-2022 06:30 AM)fallsdog Wrote:  For many fans these tournaments come with a darned if you do darned if you don’t feel. On one hand we want to see our team play and succeed. On the other hand a loss in these things is usually followed by a “why did they agree to play?” Believe me I’ve been that fan.

I will be curious to see who Kent draws. These tournaments do offer the possibility of some cool matchups.

Unless I counted incorrectly, Kent State is 8-15 in NIT, CBI, CIT. There were a few interesting runs, like in the NIT in 2000, especially. Again, I'm all for it if the players are eager. If not, it is likely to be a lackluster performance to end the season on. I still can't find the whole field for The Basketball Classic, beyond the 12 teams that already accepted and Kent State isn't shown. I also found comments to the effect that they are having problems finding 32 teams.

RE: No postseason for the Men - dannyb73 - 03-14-2022 07:54 AM

We are playing Wed at Southern Utah.

RE: No postseason for the Men - burden - 03-14-2022 12:36 PM

The web site I found shows that 19 teams have accepted bids (Southern Utah is on the list but not Kent) and 5 teams have declined. It’s says they are trying to get to a 32 team field. Went to Southern Utah website and no opponent was talked about. Danny did something happen or is official reporting lagging?

RE: No postseason for the Men - Muskrat - 03-14-2022 12:41 PM

(03-14-2022 12:36 PM)burden Wrote:  The web site I found shows that 19 teams have accepted bids (Southern Utah is on the list but not Kent) and 5 teams have declined. It’s says they are trying to get to a 32 team field. Went to Southern Utah website and no opponent was talked about. Danny did something happen or is official reporting lagging?

Same here, Burden. That's all I could find.

This is the latest info I could find online:

Allen Moff
@AllenMoff_RC
·
3h
Quick Kent State basketball update.
@KentStWBB
has received an invitation to play in the WNIT, first-round pairing will be announced this afternoon.
@KentStMBB
has submitted a bid to play in The Basketball Classic, nothing finalized yet.

RE: No postseason for the Men - axeme - 03-14-2022 12:48 PM

Would offering to do a pre-tourney rap video help our application?

Too soon?

RE: No postseason for the Men - burden - 03-14-2022 12:54 PM

(03-14-2022 12:48 PM)axeme Wrote:  Would offering to do a pre-tourney rap video help our application?

Too soon?

Yes too soon

RE: No postseason for the Men - Muskrat - 03-14-2022 01:41 PM

(03-14-2022 12:48 PM)axeme Wrote:  Would offering to do a pre-tourney rap video help our application?

Too soon?

LOL. Good one!

RE: No postseason for the Men - Eagle66 - 03-14-2022 02:09 PM

(03-13-2022 09:52 PM)Muskrat Wrote:  

Not interested
From what I've read, lots of teams aren't interested in the CBI or the tournament formerly known as CIT. Apparently, Ohio University doesn't mind the financial commitment.

FWIW, with the whole tournament in Daytona Beach, there's no hosting fee anymore (obviously). Each team did have to pay a $50k entry fee for the tournament though.

Good luck in the basketball Classic Flashes.

Edit: Heres also something from southern Utah confirming the game: https://suutbirds.com/news/2022/3/14/mens-basketball-southern-utah-to-host-kent-state-in-first-round-of-the-basketball-classic.aspx

RE: No postseason for the Men - JimJoyce - 03-14-2022 03:33 PM

No NCAA tourney. No NIT.

Instead we’re shipping you to Southern Utah to play in a tournament no one’s ever heard of.

And people say we don’t punish our men’s basketball players!

RE: No postseason for the Men - ksur1 - 03-14-2022 04:24 PM

(03-14-2022 03:33 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  No NCAA tourney. No NIT.

Instead we’re shipping you to Southern Utah to play in a tournament no one’s ever heard of.

And people say we don’t punish our men’s basketball players!

Please explain to me why the Flashes have to travel to Southern Utah to play a team that didn’t get in their conference finals. Moreover, their conference is rated 23rd and in the country and the MAC is 18th. Why doesn’t the MAC ever get any respect?