Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

No postseason for the Men
OSUFALCON Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: BGSU
No postseason for the Men
What a shame, I see that both the CBI and the The Basketball Classic (was CIT) left Kent State out.
03-13-2022 09:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
RE: No postseason for the Men
(03-13-2022 09:27 PM)OSUFALCON Wrote:  What a shame, I see that both the CBI and the The Basketball Classic (was CIT) left Kent State out.

I was told we are playing in The Basketball Classic.
03-13-2022 09:33 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(03-13-2022 09:27 PM)OSUFALCON Wrote:  What a shame, I see that both the CBI and the The Basketball Classic (was CIT) left Kent State out.

Also, the CBI didn't leave KSU out. There was a financial commitment that we were not going to make, so we withdrew ourselves from consideration.
03-13-2022 09:40 PM
Older and Older Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State
(03-13-2022 09:40 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  

Also, the CBI didn't leave KSU out. There was a financial commitment that we were not going to make, so we withdrew ourselves from consideration.

Exactly. Toledo was automatic for NIT as reg season champ
Other tourneys you buy in. Home games more expensive than road game
Not interested
03-13-2022 09:47 PM
Muskrat Online
1st String

(03-13-2022 09:47 PM)Older and Older Wrote:  

Not interested
From what I've read, lots of teams aren't interested in the CBI or the tournament formerly known as CIT. Apparently, Ohio University doesn't mind the financial commitment.
03-13-2022 09:52 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

Not interested

We are playing in the Basketball Classic which is the old CIT and has been rebranded. There is no financial commitment. The ticket sales go to the organization. It will be announced shortly.
03-13-2022 09:52 PM
Advertisement

OSUFALCON Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: BGSU
(03-13-2022 09:52 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  

Not interested

We are playing in the Basketball Classic which is the old CIT and has been rebranded. There is no financial commitment. The ticket sales go to the organization. It will be announced shortly.

Well that’s good to hear, would hate to see them end on the sour note they ended on.
03-13-2022 10:51 PM
Muskrat Online
1st String

I can't find a bracket anywhere for The Basketball Classic. The NCAA bracket is available on thousands, at least, sites. Both the NIT and CBI are easy to find. If the players want to continue playing, I'm OK with it. But, if their hearts aren't in it, they shouldn't play. Many of you are old enough to remember when the NCAA had consolation games for the losers in the regional and "Final Four". Those games were awful because the players often would rather have gone home, and it showed on the court. Before the NFL merged and the East and West regular season winners met for the championship, for a while they had the "Runner-Up Bowl", where the two second place finishers played. That was awful, too, because it was obvious that the players, while they liked the extra money, weren't all that concerned with winning.
03-14-2022 06:24 AM
fallsdog Offline
All American

For many fans these tournaments come with a darned if you do darned if you don’t feel. On one hand we want to see our team play and succeed. On the other hand a loss in these things is usually followed by a “why did they agree to play?” Believe me I’ve been that fan.

I will be curious to see who Kent draws. These tournaments do offer the possibility of some cool matchups.
03-14-2022 06:30 AM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
I'm not seeing anything about Kent playing on social media. And nothing on the internet at all.
03-14-2022 07:03 AM
Muskrat Online
1st String

(03-14-2022 06:30 AM)fallsdog Wrote:  For many fans these tournaments come with a darned if you do darned if you don’t feel. On one hand we want to see our team play and succeed. On the other hand a loss in these things is usually followed by a “why did they agree to play?” Believe me I’ve been that fan.

I will be curious to see who Kent draws. These tournaments do offer the possibility of some cool matchups.

Unless I counted incorrectly, Kent State is 8-15 in NIT, CBI, CIT. There were a few interesting runs, like in the NIT in 2000, especially. Again, I'm all for it if the players are eager. If not, it is likely to be a lackluster performance to end the season on. I still can't find the whole field for The Basketball Classic, beyond the 12 teams that already accepted and Kent State isn't shown. I also found comments to the effect that they are having problems finding 32 teams.
03-14-2022 07:44 AM
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

We are playing Wed at Southern Utah.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022 07:55 AM by dannyb73.)
03-14-2022 07:54 AM
burden Online
Heisman

I Root For:
The web site I found shows that 19 teams have accepted bids (Southern Utah is on the list but not Kent) and 5 teams have declined. It’s says they are trying to get to a 32 team field. Went to Southern Utah website and no opponent was talked about. Danny did something happen or is official reporting lagging?
03-14-2022 12:36 PM
Muskrat Online
1st String

(03-14-2022 12:36 PM)burden Wrote:  The web site I found shows that 19 teams have accepted bids (Southern Utah is on the list but not Kent) and 5 teams have declined. It’s says they are trying to get to a 32 team field. Went to Southern Utah website and no opponent was talked about. Danny did something happen or is official reporting lagging?

Same here, Burden. That's all I could find.

This is the latest info I could find online:

Allen Moff
@AllenMoff_RC
·
3h
Quick Kent State basketball update.
@KentStWBB
has received an invitation to play in the WNIT, first-round pairing will be announced this afternoon.
@KentStMBB
has submitted a bid to play in The Basketball Classic, nothing finalized yet.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022 12:43 PM by Muskrat.)
03-14-2022 12:41 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Would offering to do a pre-tourney rap video help our application?

Too soon?
03-14-2022 12:48 PM
burden Online
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-14-2022 12:48 PM)axeme Wrote:  Would offering to do a pre-tourney rap video help our application?

Too soon?

Yes too soon
03-14-2022 12:54 PM
Advertisement

Muskrat Online
1st String

(03-14-2022 12:48 PM)axeme Wrote:  Would offering to do a pre-tourney rap video help our application?

Too soon?

LOL. Good one!
03-14-2022 01:41 PM
Eagle66 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
(03-13-2022 09:52 PM)Muskrat Wrote:  

Not interested
From what I've read, lots of teams aren't interested in the CBI or the tournament formerly known as CIT. Apparently, Ohio University doesn't mind the financial commitment.

FWIW, with the whole tournament in Daytona Beach, there's no hosting fee anymore (obviously). Each team did have to pay a $50k entry fee for the tournament though.

Good luck in the basketball Classic Flashes.

Edit: Heres also something from southern Utah confirming the game: https://suutbirds.com/news/2022/3/14/men...assic.aspx
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022 02:38 PM by Eagle66.)
03-14-2022 02:09 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
No NCAA tourney. No NIT.

Instead we’re shipping you to Southern Utah to play in a tournament no one’s ever heard of.

And people say we don’t punish our men’s basketball players!
03-14-2022 03:33 PM
ksur1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: kent state
(03-14-2022 03:33 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  No NCAA tourney. No NIT.

Instead we’re shipping you to Southern Utah to play in a tournament no one’s ever heard of.

And people say we don’t punish our men’s basketball players!

Please explain to me why the Flashes have to travel to Southern Utah to play a team that didn’t get in their conference finals. Moreover, their conference is rated 23rd and in the country and the MAC is 18th. Why doesn’t the MAC ever get any respect?
03-14-2022 04:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.