CSNbbs
You’ll never see this at USM - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: You’ll never see this at USM (/thread-935868.html)

You’ll never see this at USM - Eagle in the gym - 11-18-2021 09:17 PM

As we start qb #11 on the season Friday night and may very well lose the pillow fight, I can confidently say at least you’ll never see this nonsense on the Southern Miss campus. Somebody needed to come kick the cameraman’s butt for filming this nerd fest, much less use it as a school advert.
Tech, I hear your AD is acting hesitant about extending our rivalry once we split conferences. No idea why as we’ve never had bad blood. We’re too close and I hate it if this is our last game for a while.
But I saw this on Twitter and remembered how hard I laugh at this each year. Ahh, good times.
LaTech put this out. Really.

RE: You’ll never see this at USM - Pan95 - 11-18-2021 09:34 PM

(11-18-2021 09:17 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  As we start qb #11 on the season Friday night and may very well lose the pillow fight, I can confidently say at least you’ll never see this nonsense on the Southern Miss campus. Somebody needed to come kick the cameraman’s butt for filming this nerd fest, much less use it as a school advert.
Tech, I hear your AD is acting hesitant about extending our rivalry once we split conferences. No idea why as we’ve never had bad blood. We’re too close and I hate it if this is our last game for a while.
But I saw this on Twitter and remembered how hard I laugh at this each year. Ahh, good times.

What happened to #24? I thought that he was a gamer.

RE: You’ll never see this at USM - SouthernMissSNu - 11-19-2021 09:10 AM

He was the practice squad QB. Just didn’t have an OLine in front of him to battle through it. Hall has switched it up and gone full 1950s with the offense.

RE: You’ll never see this at USM - usm99 - 11-19-2021 10:48 AM

Players who've lined up at QB this year:

- Trey Lowe (QB)
- Ty Keyes (QB)
- Jake Lange(QB)
- Frank Gore, Jr (RB)
- Tee Webb (QB)
- Jake Smithhart (QB)
- Antavious Willis (WR)
- Chandler Pittman (WR)
- Jack Walker (QB)
- Dajon Richard (RB)

RE: You’ll never see this at USM - ericsaid - 11-19-2021 10:51 AM

(11-19-2021 09:10 AM)SouthernMissSNu Wrote:  He was the practice squad QB. Just didn’t have an OLine in front of him to battle through it. Hall has switched it up and gone full 1950s with the offense.

It's more of an 80's, 90's look with power-I option play sprinkled in with some "wildcat" which was an early 2000's movement.

50's would see the Wing, I believe.

RE: You’ll never see this at USM - ericsaid - 11-19-2021 10:52 AM

(11-19-2021 10:48 AM)usm99 Wrote:  Players who've lined up at QB this year:

- Trey Lowe (QB)
- Ty Keyes (QB)
- Jake Lange(QB)
- Frank Gore, Jr (RB)
- Tee Webb (QB)
- Jake Smithhart (QB)
- Antavious Willis (WR)
- Chandler Pittman (WR)
- Jack Walker (QB)
- Dajon Richard (RB)

I really thought Lange could be good given a full off-season of practice at the position with the expectation of playing. He can throw well, he can run, he can make the right reads, he just can't do it consistently which takes time.

RE: You’ll never see this at USM - Eagleholic - 11-19-2021 12:32 PM

(11-18-2021 09:34 PM)Pan95 Wrote:  
(11-18-2021 09:17 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  As we start qb #11 on the season Friday night and may very well lose the pillow fight, I can confidently say at least you’ll never see this nonsense on the Southern Miss campus. Somebody needed to come kick the cameraman’s butt for filming this nerd fest, much less use it as a school advert.

Weak arm. Slow delivery. Slower setup and speed. He was a part-time starter in high school and wouldn't start at any of the MS jucos. He is a great guy and extremely hard worker, but is very limited in his abilities. Lange walked on at USM because he wants to be a coach. He never thought he would see a meaningful snap.

RE: You’ll never see this at USM - Eagleholic - 11-19-2021 12:35 PM

(11-19-2021 10:52 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  

- Trey Lowe (QB)
- Ty Keyes (QB)
- Jake Lange(QB)
- Frank Gore, Jr (RB)
- Tee Webb (QB)
- Jake Smithhart (QB)
- Antavious Willis (WR)
- Chandler Pittman (WR)
- Jack Walker (QB)
- Dajon Richard (RB)

I really thought Lange could be good given a full off-season of practice at the position with the expectation of playing. He can throw well, he can run, he can make the right reads, he just can't do it consistently which takes time.

Lange is accurate, but his arm is really weak and his delivery is extremely slow. He makes reads like you would expect from an inexperienced freshman. He probably is responsible for as many TDs for the opposing defenses as he is for the Southern Miss offense. Great guy. Hard worker. May be a great coach one day. But he isn't a college QB.

RE: You’ll never see this at USM - JCMiner - 11-19-2021 02:18 PM

https://youtu.be/RyoxKlOBQIA

RE: You’ll never see this at USM - ODU-Z8 - 11-19-2021 02:49 PM

(11-19-2021 02:18 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  https://youtu.be/RyoxKlOBQIA

We need one for every conference member

RE: You’ll never see this at USM - Volkmar - 11-19-2021 03:34 PM

- Trey Lowe (QB)
- Ty Keyes (QB)
- Jake Lange(QB)
- Frank Gore, Jr (RB)
- Tee Webb (QB)
- Jake Smithhart (QB)
- Antavious Willis (WR)
- Chandler Pittman (WR)
- Jack Walker (QB)
- Dajon Richard (RB)

Your QB situation is INSANE!!! Feel bad for your guys and your coach. UTSA has been playing musical chairs with our offensive line all year, as we've had guys playing out of position weekly. We've only had our actual starting O-line group together for about 6 or 7 plays all year since we had an injury in our very first possession of the season against Illinois and have had a couple others out here and there since. Nothing at all like what you guys are going through at QB though!!

RE: You’ll never see this at USM - RougeDawg - 11-19-2021 04:46 PM

Quote:But I saw this on Twitter and remembered how hard I laugh at this each year. Ahh, good times.

We're an engineering school USM. What is your excuse?

RE: You’ll never see this at USM - Eagleholic - 11-19-2021 04:49 PM

(11-19-2021 04:46 PM)RougeDawg Wrote:  
Quote:But I saw this on Twitter and remembered how hard I laugh at this each year. Ahh, good times.

We're an engineering school USM. What is your excuse?

Liberal arts with too many life long academians.

RE: You’ll never see this at USM - HiddenDragon - 11-19-2021 06:52 PM

WTF was that? That ain't funny........that's freakin' embarrassingly hilarious!!! 03-lmfao

RE: You’ll never see this at USM - Pan95 - 11-19-2021 07:41 PM

(11-19-2021 12:32 PM)Eagleholic Wrote:  
(11-18-2021 09:34 PM)Pan95 Wrote:  

Weak arm. Slow delivery. Slower setup and speed. He was a part-time starter in high school and wouldn't start at any of the MS jucos. He is a great guy and extremely hard worker, but is very limited in his abilities. Lange walked on at USM because he wants to be a coach. He never thought he would see a meaningful snap.

I liked his play a lot. He was mobile and pretty accurate. He could be a player for your team if given the chance at development. I also like your coach. There are some intangibles about him that make me think he will be either very successful for USM or at least be the coach of the team that no one wants to face week in and week out. Plus the fact that he wears a waist length tie with presumably a dinner jacket on the sideline screams "nerd football" in the best way possible.