Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

You’ll never see this at USM
Bookmark and Share
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
You’ll never see this at USM
As we start qb #11 on the season Friday night and may very well lose the pillow fight, I can confidently say at least you’ll never see this nonsense on the Southern Miss campus. Somebody needed to come kick the cameraman’s butt for filming this nerd fest, much less use it as a school advert.
Tech, I hear your AD is acting hesitant about extending our rivalry once we split conferences. No idea why as we’ve never had bad blood. We’re too close and I hate it if this is our last game for a while.
But I saw this on Twitter and remembered how hard I laugh at this each year. Ahh, good times.
LaTech put this out. Really.
11-18-2021 09:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pan95 Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice/WY
RE: You’ll never see this at USM
(11-18-2021 09:17 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  As we start qb #11 on the season Friday night and may very well lose the pillow fight, I can confidently say at least you’ll never see this nonsense on the Southern Miss campus. Somebody needed to come kick the cameraman’s butt for filming this nerd fest, much less use it as a school advert.
Tech, I hear your AD is acting hesitant about extending our rivalry once we split conferences. No idea why as we’ve never had bad blood. We’re too close and I hate it if this is our last game for a while.
But I saw this on Twitter and remembered how hard I laugh at this each year. Ahh, good times.

What happened to #24? I thought that he was a gamer.
11-18-2021 09:34 PM
SouthernMissSNu Offline
1st String

He was the practice squad QB. Just didn’t have an OLine in front of him to battle through it. Hall has switched it up and gone full 1950s with the offense.
11-19-2021 09:10 AM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

Players who've lined up at QB this year:

- Trey Lowe (QB)
- Ty Keyes (QB)
- Jake Lange(QB)
- Frank Gore, Jr (RB)
- Tee Webb (QB)
- Jake Smithhart (QB)
- Antavious Willis (WR)
- Chandler Pittman (WR)
- Jack Walker (QB)
- Dajon Richard (RB)
11-19-2021 10:48 AM
Advertisement

ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(11-19-2021 09:10 AM)SouthernMissSNu Wrote:  He was the practice squad QB. Just didn’t have an OLine in front of him to battle through it. Hall has switched it up and gone full 1950s with the offense.

It's more of an 80's, 90's look with power-I option play sprinkled in with some "wildcat" which was an early 2000's movement.

50's would see the Wing, I believe.
11-19-2021 10:51 AM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(11-19-2021 10:48 AM)usm99 Wrote:  Players who've lined up at QB this year:

- Trey Lowe (QB)
- Ty Keyes (QB)
- Jake Lange(QB)
- Frank Gore, Jr (RB)
- Tee Webb (QB)
- Jake Smithhart (QB)
- Antavious Willis (WR)
- Chandler Pittman (WR)
- Jack Walker (QB)
- Dajon Richard (RB)

I really thought Lange could be good given a full off-season of practice at the position with the expectation of playing. He can throw well, he can run, he can make the right reads, he just can't do it consistently which takes time.
11-19-2021 10:52 AM
Eagleholic Offline
1st String

(11-18-2021 09:34 PM)Pan95 Wrote:  
(11-18-2021 09:17 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  As we start qb #11 on the season Friday night and may very well lose the pillow fight, I can confidently say at least you’ll never see this nonsense on the Southern Miss campus. Somebody needed to come kick the cameraman’s butt for filming this nerd fest, much less use it as a school advert.

Weak arm. Slow delivery. Slower setup and speed. He was a part-time starter in high school and wouldn't start at any of the MS jucos. He is a great guy and extremely hard worker, but is very limited in his abilities. Lange walked on at USM because he wants to be a coach. He never thought he would see a meaningful snap.
11-19-2021 12:32 PM
Advertisement

Eagleholic Offline
1st String

(11-19-2021 10:52 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  

- Trey Lowe (QB)
- Ty Keyes (QB)
- Jake Lange(QB)
- Frank Gore, Jr (RB)
- Tee Webb (QB)
- Jake Smithhart (QB)
- Antavious Willis (WR)
- Chandler Pittman (WR)
- Jack Walker (QB)
- Dajon Richard (RB)

I really thought Lange could be good given a full off-season of practice at the position with the expectation of playing. He can throw well, he can run, he can make the right reads, he just can't do it consistently which takes time.

Lange is accurate, but his arm is really weak and his delivery is extremely slow. He makes reads like you would expect from an inexperienced freshman. He probably is responsible for as many TDs for the opposing defenses as he is for the Southern Miss offense. Great guy. Hard worker. May be a great coach one day. But he isn't a college QB.
11-19-2021 12:35 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
11-19-2021 02:18 PM
ODU-Z8 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion, Sun Belt
(11-19-2021 02:18 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  https://youtu.be/RyoxKlOBQIA

We need one for every conference member
11-19-2021 02:49 PM
Advertisement

Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.

- Trey Lowe (QB)
- Ty Keyes (QB)
- Jake Lange(QB)
- Frank Gore, Jr (RB)
- Tee Webb (QB)
- Jake Smithhart (QB)
- Antavious Willis (WR)
- Chandler Pittman (WR)
- Jack Walker (QB)
- Dajon Richard (RB)

Your QB situation is INSANE!!! Feel bad for your guys and your coach. UTSA has been playing musical chairs with our offensive line all year, as we've had guys playing out of position weekly. We've only had our actual starting O-line group together for about 6 or 7 plays all year since we had an injury in our very first possession of the season against Illinois and have had a couple others out here and there since. Nothing at all like what you guys are going through at QB though!!
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2021 03:37 PM by Volkmar.)
11-19-2021 03:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RougeDawg Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Quote:But I saw this on Twitter and remembered how hard I laugh at this each year. Ahh, good times.

We're an engineering school USM. What is your excuse?
11-19-2021 04:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eagleholic Offline
1st String

(11-19-2021 04:46 PM)RougeDawg Wrote:  
Quote:But I saw this on Twitter and remembered how hard I laugh at this each year. Ahh, good times.

We're an engineering school USM. What is your excuse?

Liberal arts with too many life long academians.
11-19-2021 04:49 PM
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

WTF was that? That ain't funny........that's freakin' embarrassingly hilarious!!! 03-lmfao
11-19-2021 06:52 PM
Pan95 Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice/WY
(11-19-2021 12:32 PM)Eagleholic Wrote:  
(11-18-2021 09:34 PM)Pan95 Wrote:  

Weak arm. Slow delivery. Slower setup and speed. He was a part-time starter in high school and wouldn't start at any of the MS jucos. He is a great guy and extremely hard worker, but is very limited in his abilities. Lange walked on at USM because he wants to be a coach. He never thought he would see a meaningful snap.

I liked his play a lot. He was mobile and pretty accurate. He could be a player for your team if given the chance at development. I also like your coach. There are some intangibles about him that make me think he will be either very successful for USM or at least be the coach of the team that no one wants to face week in and week out. Plus the fact that he wears a waist length tie with presumably a dinner jacket on the sideline screams "nerd football" in the best way possible.
11-19-2021 07:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.