CSNbbs
AAC Board - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: AAC Board (/thread-928394.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: AAC Board - BlazerFromMD - 09-08-2021 09:40 AM

(09-08-2021 08:28 AM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  
(09-08-2021 12:00 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  
(09-05-2021 10:13 AM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  USF is the most entitled golden ticket program in ncaa history.

Granted they are blue bloods who actually have a history, but no other team in the NCAA can be called "most entitled" as long as the Texas Longhorns are still playing.

I’ve always felt the same way about Notre Dame.

Band Dad sees it from the perspective of a Texan.

Personally, I agree with you.

RE: AAC Board - HiddenDragon - 09-08-2021 03:24 PM

I think the Big 12 is going to invite Memphis and Boise along with the other 4 teams. Sic'em 365 Sports is reporting there is a strong push for the Big 12 to add six instead of four and Boise and Memphis are the next two teams in line.

RE: AAC Board - KevMo4UAB - 09-08-2021 09:06 PM

(09-08-2021 03:24 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  I think the Big 12 is going to invite Memphis and Boise along with the other 4 teams. Sic'em 365 Sports is reporting there is a strong push for the Big 12 to add six instead of four and Boise and Memphis are the next two teams in line.

The odds of UAB and Memphis being together in the same conference again look very slim.

RE: AAC Board - BlazintheAtl1 - 09-08-2021 09:13 PM

If Memphis leaves would we still join the AAC and why? I have my opinion but I'm interested to hear what others think.

RE: AAC Board - C-Finder - 09-08-2021 09:31 PM

A slightly better C-USA
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952af3a41fe523da0679...p&ct=g]

RE: AAC Board - SMUfan - 09-08-2021 09:44 PM

(09-08-2021 09:13 PM)BlazintheAtl1 Wrote:  If Memphis leaves would we still join the AAC and why? I have my opinion but I'm interested to hear what others think.

Because CUSA is going to be really bad after the changes.

RE: AAC Board - BlazintheAtl1 - 09-08-2021 10:00 PM

But assume CUSA stays intact and Memphis bolts the AAC, is it really worse off? The AAC would essentially be a dead conference.

RE: AAC Board - ICB - 09-08-2021 10:03 PM

(09-08-2021 09:13 PM)BlazintheAtl1 Wrote:  If Memphis leaves would we still join the AAC and why? I have my opinion but I'm interested to hear what others think.

Imagine being in CUSA without Marshall, WKU and LaTech. A real possibility if we are dumb enough to turn down an invite. Remember we wouldn’t be going to AAC alone, they are bringing the four best schools in from Sun Belt, CUSA, Indy... long shot of MWC.

RE: AAC Board - BlazintheAtl1 - 09-08-2021 10:10 PM

(09-08-2021 10:03 PM)ICB Wrote:  

Imagine being in CUSA without Marshall, WKU and LaTech. A real possibility if we are dumb enough to turn down an invite. Remember we wouldn’t be going to AAC alone, they are bringing the four best schools in from Sun Belt, CUSA, Indy... long shot of MWC.

Again, I'm saying an intact CUSA. This is hypothetical, imagine if every CUSA team decided they were better here than an AAC without Memphis. Without Memphis, the only reason to leave is because if we don't, someone else will.

RE: AAC Board - BlazintheAtl1 - 09-08-2021 10:15 PM

My point is the AAC without Memphis is no better than this version of CUSA.

RE: AAC Board - ICB - 09-08-2021 10:20 PM

(09-08-2021 10:10 PM)BlazintheAtl1 Wrote:  

Again, I'm saying an intact CUSA. This is hypothetical, imagine if every CUSA team decided they were better here than an AAC without Memphis. Without Memphis, the only reason to leave is because if we don't, someone else will.

Based on week 1, yes CUSA would be better. But the other things to consider are media deal and leadership. Ours suck

RE: AAC Board - HiddenDragon - 09-08-2021 11:15 PM

(09-08-2021 10:20 PM)ICB Wrote:  

Based on week 1, yes CUSA would be better. But the other things to consider are media deal and leadership. Ours suck

Yes the media deal, the deal that ESPN can now renegotiate with UC, UCF, and UH leaving for the Big 12. UAB isn't getting 7 mil a year with those schools gone. God forbid if Memphis leaves and Navy goes back to Indy status. Probably looking at 1 - 1.5 mil if we"re lucky.

Leadership, I hope Aresco hangs around but I'm not sure he's up to rebuilding the AAC again. He's kinda saying the right things but at the same time he's no spring chicken. I don't think he hangs around another three years.

RE: AAC Board - ICB - 09-08-2021 11:29 PM

(09-08-2021 11:15 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  

Yes the media deal, the deal that ESPN can now renegotiate with UC, UCF, and UH leaving for the Big 12. UAB isn't getting 7 mil a year with those schools gone. God forbid if Memphis leaves and Navy goes back to Indy status. Probably looking at 1 - 1.5 mil if we"re lucky.

Leadership, I hope Aresco hangs around but I'm not sure he's up to rebuilding the AAC again. He's kinda saying the right things but at the same time he's no spring chicken. I don't think he hangs around another three years.

Those are all real possibilities. But none are known. Basically the pessimistic view on everything. It also possible that Memphis will be around 5 or more years after we join, also possible the deal could be be 4-5 million a year, also possible Aresco retires in 10 years.

But what I know is CUSA media deal sucks, Judy sucks, and before this year, CUSA sucked.

RE: AAC Board - hooverblazer - 09-08-2021 11:37 PM

(09-08-2021 11:29 PM)ICB Wrote:  
(09-08-2021 11:15 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(09-08-2021 10:03 PM)ICB Wrote:  Imagine being in CUSA without Marshall, WKU and LaTech. A real possibility if we are dumb enough to turn down an invite. Remember we wouldn’t be going to AAC alone, they are bringing the four best schools in from Sun Belt, CUSA, Indy... long shot of MWC.

Those are all real possibilities. But none are known. Basically the pessimistic view on everything. It also possible that Memphis will be around 5 or more years after we join, also possible the deal could be be 4-5 million a year, also possible Aresco retires in 10 years.

But what I know is CUSA media deal sucks, Judy sucks, and before this year, CUSA sucked.

+1. Anything is an improvement over CUSA. We have to get out of this league - it is a huge anchor. Our ceiling will be higher in the AAC.

RE: AAC Board - UAB Band Dad - 09-09-2021 02:01 AM

No, you go because it's more TV money, it puts our games on ESPN, it's a multi bid MBB league. Aresco is far better than Judy. If we don't leave all that happens is someone else in C-USA goes instead and the league we're staying behind in gets that much weaker. We've already done the staying in C-USA when all the quality teams leave once. I'm not interested in doing it again.

RE: AAC Board - UAB Band Dad - 09-09-2021 02:04 AM

(09-08-2021 11:15 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Probably looking at 1 - 1.5 mil if we"re lucky.

We get what, $200k or so now? Less after the top teams leave?

That makes $1-1.5m look pretty damn good to me. The $7m AAC number is nonsense. Their TV contract is heavily backloaded with big raises that are not going to happen because the contract is going to be redone.

RE: AAC Board - Smaug - 09-09-2021 06:34 AM

In the history of conference realignment, this has never happened. No, CUSA or Belt team is turning down and invite.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

RE: AAC Board - ATTALLABLAZE - 09-09-2021 07:07 AM

I have a news flash. We will not turn down the AAC. The real discussion is who are the other schools joining us.

RE: AAC Board - BlazerGreen - 09-09-2021 07:29 AM

(09-09-2021 07:07 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I have a news flash. We will not turn down the AAC. The real discussion is who are the other schools joining us.

I know, man. We've only been working on this for years. People think we're not getting on that plane when the doors open? Crazy talk.

LA Tech will probably be hanging to the landing gear as we take off.
(I know, I know, poor taste but it is LT)

AAC Board - Smaug - 09-09-2021 07:51 AM

Imagine we turned down a spot and a couple of the other best teams take it.

Then, we're in an even worse CUSA, just when it seemed that wasn't possible.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk