CSNbbs
Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over (/thread-899610.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over - MAN4UAB - 05-17-2020 11:12 AM

(05-17-2020 11:01 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(05-17-2020 10:55 AM)MAN4UAB Wrote:  
(05-17-2020 09:54 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(05-16-2020 12:33 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  
(05-16-2020 12:17 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  #bloviating is now trending on csnbbs

Right up there with
#Busleague
#TravelCost
#Bojangles

I did say I was going to make it my word of the day. 04-cheers

it's a new day.

I believe that I will use it as my word of the day. I find bloviating is relaxing on occasion. It may be the new transcendental meditation of this time. I am sure books and videos are forthcoming. I envision new service industry is on the horizon to tout the health benefits of regular bloviation to the human experience.

Do not confuse bloviating with flatulence, although there are similarities.

In sweet home Alabama, it is usually equated to the bodily wastes of a male bovine. I thought that you might throw a flag.

RE: Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over - OptimisticOwl - 05-17-2020 11:20 AM

(05-17-2020 11:12 AM)MAN4UAB Wrote:  
(05-16-2020 12:33 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  I did say I was going to make it my word of the day. 04-cheers

it's a new day.

I believe that I will use it as my word of the day. I find bloviating is relaxing on occasion. It may be the new transcendental meditation of this time. I am sure books and videos are forthcoming. I envision new service industry is on the horizon to tout the health benefits of regular bloviation to the human experience.

In sweet home Alabama, it is usually equated to the bodily wastes of a male bovine. I thought that you might throw a flag.

Jest funning with ya.

RE: Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over - MinerInWisconsin - 05-17-2020 11:42 AM

(05-16-2020 12:17 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  #bloviating is now trending on csnbbs

Right up there with
#Busleague
#TravelCost
#Bojangles

it's a new day.

Speaking of flatulence, i believe there was an entire religious movement based on it. It eventually lost out to the flagellants since apparently many preferred self inflicted pain over nausea inducing odors. Little known historical information.

RE: Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over - MAN4UAB - 05-17-2020 11:46 AM

(05-17-2020 11:20 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(05-17-2020 11:12 AM)MAN4UAB Wrote:  
(05-17-2020 09:54 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  it's a new day.

Jest funning with ya.

Me too. I was just engaging in a little recreational bloviation.

Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over - owl at the moon - 05-19-2020 06:46 AM

Right up there with
#Busleague
#TravelCost
#Bojangles

it's a new day.

Be careful when comparing apples to orangeing.

RE: Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over - MAN4UAB - 05-19-2020 07:38 AM

(05-17-2020 11:42 AM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  
(05-16-2020 12:33 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  I did say I was going to make it my word of the day. 04-cheers

it's a new day.

Speaking of flatulence, i believe there was an entire religious movement based on it. It eventually lost out to the flagellants since apparently many preferred self inflicted pain over nausea inducing odors. Little known historical information.

Maybe the decline of the flatulent sect was due to the leaders having a severe lisp causing flatulence to sound like flagellants thereby confusing the faithful. Another possible scenario is that the belief system evolved to colonic cleansing. One benefit is that it probably kept flies out of their faces. Another is that they didn’t have to worry about obesity.

RE: Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over - OptimisticOwl - 05-19-2020 09:37 AM

(05-19-2020 07:38 AM)MAN4UAB Wrote:  
(05-17-2020 09:54 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  it's a new day.

Maybe the decline of the flatulent sect was due to the leaders having a severe lisp causing flatulence to sound like flagellants thereby confusing the faithful. Another possible scenario is that the belief system evolved to colonic cleansing. One benefit is that it probably kept flies out of their faces. Another is that they didn’t have to worry about obesity.

And we are back to bloviating. The circle closes.

RE: Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over - MAN4UAB - 05-19-2020 01:09 PM

(05-19-2020 09:37 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(05-17-2020 10:55 AM)MAN4UAB Wrote:  I believe that I will use it as my word of the day. I find bloviating is relaxing on occasion. It may be the new transcendental meditation of this time. I am sure books and videos are forthcoming. I envision new service industry is on the horizon to tout the health benefits of regular bloviation to the human experience.

I am surprised that you threw a flag on this exchange. The miner in cheese land postulated that a pooter cult became a self beater cult because they thought that it hurt so good. I countered that the leaders may have had a speech impediment that served to fundamentally alter the sect’s belief system instead. I also advanced the possibility that the pooters may have simply evolved into poopers and pointed out a couple benefits as supporting Rationale.

RE: Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over - MinerInWisconsin - 05-19-2020 01:31 PM

(05-19-2020 01:09 PM)MAN4UAB Wrote:  
(05-17-2020 11:01 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Do not confuse bloviating with flatulence, although there are similarities.

I am surprised that you threw a flag on this exchange. The miner in cheese land postulated that a pooter cult became a self beater cult because they thought that it hurt so good. I countered that the leaders may have had a speech impediment that served to fundamentally alter the sect’s belief system instead. I also advanced the possibility that the pooters may have simply evolved into poopers and pointed out a couple benefits as supporting Rationale.

Like all histories, the winners get to do the recording of it. This is why the flatulants always suffer in comparison to the flagellants. They suffered for other obvious reasons too. It's just not fair.

RE: Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over - OptimisticOwl - 05-19-2020 01:54 PM

(05-19-2020 01:31 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  
(05-17-2020 11:42 AM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  Speaking of flatulence, i believe there was an entire religious movement based on it. It eventually lost out to the flagellants since apparently many preferred self inflicted pain over nausea inducing odors. Little known historical information.

Like all histories, the winners get to do the recording of it. This is why the flatulants always suffer in comparison to the flagellants. They suffered for other obvious reasons too. It's just not fair.

Enjoying this. Anyone else reminded of Jonathan Swift?

RE: Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over - MAN4UAB - 05-19-2020 04:46 PM

(05-19-2020 01:31 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  
(05-17-2020 11:42 AM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  Speaking of flatulence, i believe there was an entire religious movement based on it. It eventually lost out to the flagellants since apparently many preferred self inflicted pain over nausea inducing odors. Little known historical information.

I believe that bit of wisdom was actually written by a loser to cast doubt on the winner’s account of the facts. In some cases, the actual winner is portrayed as the loser to inflict additional indignities on the vanquished.

In the cited case, the pooters are portrayed as suffering in comparison to the self beaters. However, a case can be logically made that the pooters disingenuously portray themselves as losers to cast the self beaters in an unfavorable light and elicit sympathy for their climate impacting belief system. Perhaps the self beaters are in fact excommunicated pooters which fall into the smelly pit of self loathing from guilt as a result of serial crowded elevator travel. The truth is out there.

Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over - owl at the moon - 05-19-2020 10:50 PM

If, as you say, a case can be made, then please do so, and save me a six-pack.

RE: Virus induced, time killing thread for starting CUSA 3.0 over - PirateTreasureNC - 05-20-2020 12:26 AM

(05-16-2020 10:41 AM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  We will need to be a little thick skinned on this thread since it will be ripe for insults and bloviating.

If cusa 3.0 had waited until the smoke had totally cleared from the BE/AAC raid, it would have been left with these members to decide expansion. No input from ECU or other former members.

USM, UAB, Rice, Marshall and UTEP.

If at that point they had wanted to get back to 12 in order to have a fb champ game (rule at the time) who do you think the 7 additions should have been? Or do you think they should have gone small and expanded to 8 or 10?

My guess is they would have gone to 12 and regional considerations would not have been as strong as they are now.

My 7 adds would have been:

UNT......to me this was the most obvious addition. Already FBS and in the DFW area.
Arkansas St.... good football and adds a state.
La Tech...another obvious addition with good athletics and keeps the state of LA.
ULL....good basketball and location and football was ok too.
App St... fcs but strong brand, good football.
FIU... Potential plus keeping cusa in Florida plus Marshall said so
FAU...see FIU

First, they should have never gone past 12 from that starting point. The money, the scheduling, and the quality just wasn't there to do more.

2nd, I'd have to wonder what kind of bowl ties they could have kept to entice people to join too.

3rd, what would have been the stance on any 1AA call ups for football.

I think with what was left they were still going to go after WAC, SBC, and MWC schools to round out the collective. Unless those members had a real strong feeling on the 1AA call ups.

The WAC was still kind of iffy, the MAC schools probably wouldn't do anything for them, the MWC schools might have had a few at least listen, and upwardly mobile SBC schools would have looked like good candidates.

I agree the Florida angle was a good move.

I think App State would have been an interesting move...