CSNbbs
Coach K has some 'splaining to dooooo - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Coach K has some 'splaining to dooooo (/thread-899484.html)

Coach K has some 'splaining to dooooo - georgia_tech_swagger - 05-13-2020 01:51 PM

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/zion-williamsons-former-marketing-agent-asks-williamson-to-admit-he-got-illegal-benefits-to-go-to-duke-195203414.html

Quote:New Orleans Pelicans star Zion Williamson is involved in a vicious battle with his former marketing agent. Gina Ford, the president of Prime Marketing Sports, has served requests for admissions asking Williamson to admit he received “money, benefits, favors or other things of value” to go to Duke, according to Daniel Wallach of The Athletic.

Williamson, 19, is engaged in a lawsuit with Prime Marketing Sports after he left the company to sign with CAA. Williamson’s deal with Prime Marketing Sports required him to remain with the company for five years. He signed with CAA less than a month after signing the deal with Prime Marketing Sports. Williamson’s team has argued his contract with Prime Marketing Sports was unlawful under North Carolina law.

The request for admission asks Williamson to admit he knew his mother, Sharonda Sampson, and Williamson’s stepfather, Lee Anderson, received illegal benefits to ensure Williamson attended Duke and wore Adidas shoes.

RE: Coach K has some 'splaining to dooooo - Hokie Mark - 05-13-2020 02:44 PM

I have no idea if Duke cheated (though it wouldn't surprise me in the seedy world of basketball recruiting).

I do have one question though: how does it benefit his former agent if Williamson admits it?

RE: Coach K has some 'splaining to dooooo - georgia_tech_swagger - 05-13-2020 03:11 PM

(05-13-2020 02:44 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I have no idea if Duke cheated (though it wouldn't surprise me in the seedy world of basketball recruiting).

Will it matter if they did? I fully expect them to get away 100% punishment free. $100k funneled around the Duke program to get the next Michael Jordan? Wow, Coach K, you're such a stand up citizen. Tell me more of your stories about coaching Team USA.

What's that Georgia Tech, an assistant went rogue and spent $500 at The Cheetah with the HC having no knowledge whatsoever? PROBATION! LOSS OF SCHOLARSHIPS! LOSS OF RECRUITING! AN OUTRAGE! LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL!

RE: Coach K has some 'splaining to dooooo - cuseroc - 05-13-2020 03:16 PM

(05-13-2020 02:44 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I have no idea if Duke cheated (though it wouldn't surprise me in the seedy world of basketball recruiting).

I do have one question though: how does it benefit his former agent if Williamson admits it?

Im thinking the former agent could sue for damages since Williamson seems to have reneged on his deal with the former agent. He signed a large deal thru another agent after he backed out of the first deal because of the illegal money deal. It could be that the former agent who got the shaft may be able to get the current deal to be nullified and Williamson would have to stick with his original deal. Either way, it seems the shafted agent is banking on getting a piece of the Williamson pie.

RE: Coach K has some 'splaining to dooooo - XLance - 05-13-2020 03:37 PM

The bag man is now coaching at Pitt.

RE: Coach K has some 'splaining to dooooo - Hokie Mark - 05-13-2020 03:50 PM

(05-13-2020 03:16 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Im thinking the former agent could sue for damages since Williamson seems to have reneged on his deal with the former agent. He signed a large deal thru another agent after he backed out of the first deal because of the illegal money deal. It could be that the former agent who got the shaft may be able to get the current deal to be nullified and Williamson would have to stick with his original deal. Either way, it seems the shafted agent is banking on getting a piece of the Williamson pie.

If that's the case I'd be surprised if Zion admits to basically committing a crime...

RE: Coach K has some 'splaining to dooooo - TexanMark - 05-13-2020 04:48 PM

Nothing to see here, please move on. If you persist, Catawba College could get the Death Penalty.

Coach K has some 'splaining to dooooo - Shannon Panther - 05-13-2020 10:48 PM

(05-13-2020 03:37 PM)XLance Wrote:  The bag man is now coaching at Pitt.

I hope he brought the bag with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk