Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coach K has some 'splaining to dooooo
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/zion-william...03414.html

Quote:New Orleans Pelicans star Zion Williamson is involved in a vicious battle with his former marketing agent. Gina Ford, the president of Prime Marketing Sports, has served requests for admissions asking Williamson to admit he received “money, benefits, favors or other things of value” to go to Duke, according to Daniel Wallach of The Athletic.

Williamson, 19, is engaged in a lawsuit with Prime Marketing Sports after he left the company to sign with CAA. Williamson’s deal with Prime Marketing Sports required him to remain with the company for five years. He signed with CAA less than a month after signing the deal with Prime Marketing Sports. Williamson’s team has argued his contract with Prime Marketing Sports was unlawful under North Carolina law.

The request for admission asks Williamson to admit he knew his mother, Sharonda Sampson, and Williamson’s stepfather, Lee Anderson, received illegal benefits to ensure Williamson attended Duke and wore Adidas shoes.
05-13-2020 01:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: Coach K has some 'splaining to dooooo
I have no idea if Duke cheated (though it wouldn't surprise me in the seedy world of basketball recruiting).

I do have one question though: how does it benefit his former agent if Williamson admits it?
05-13-2020 02:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(05-13-2020 02:44 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I have no idea if Duke cheated (though it wouldn't surprise me in the seedy world of basketball recruiting).

Will it matter if they did? I fully expect them to get away 100% punishment free. $100k funneled around the Duke program to get the next Michael Jordan? Wow, Coach K, you're such a stand up citizen. Tell me more of your stories about coaching Team USA.

What's that Georgia Tech, an assistant went rogue and spent $500 at The Cheetah with the HC having no knowledge whatsoever? PROBATION! LOSS OF SCHOLARSHIPS! LOSS OF RECRUITING! AN OUTRAGE! LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL!
05-13-2020 03:11 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(05-13-2020 02:44 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I have no idea if Duke cheated (though it wouldn't surprise me in the seedy world of basketball recruiting).

I do have one question though: how does it benefit his former agent if Williamson admits it?

Im thinking the former agent could sue for damages since Williamson seems to have reneged on his deal with the former agent. He signed a large deal thru another agent after he backed out of the first deal because of the illegal money deal. It could be that the former agent who got the shaft may be able to get the current deal to be nullified and Williamson would have to stick with his original deal. Either way, it seems the shafted agent is banking on getting a piece of the Williamson pie.
05-13-2020 03:16 PM
Advertisement

XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
The bag man is now coaching at Pitt.
05-13-2020 03:37 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(05-13-2020 03:16 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Im thinking the former agent could sue for damages since Williamson seems to have reneged on his deal with the former agent. He signed a large deal thru another agent after he backed out of the first deal because of the illegal money deal. It could be that the former agent who got the shaft may be able to get the current deal to be nullified and Williamson would have to stick with his original deal. Either way, it seems the shafted agent is banking on getting a piece of the Williamson pie.

If that's the case I'd be surprised if Zion admits to basically committing a crime...
05-13-2020 03:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Nothing to see here, please move on. If you persist, Catawba College could get the Death Penalty.
05-13-2020 04:48 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
(05-13-2020 03:37 PM)XLance Wrote:  The bag man is now coaching at Pitt.

I hope he brought the bag with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
05-13-2020 10:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.