CSNbbs
*** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** (/thread-886257.html)

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - JRR_IV - 02-26-2021 05:10 PM

So why didn’t they just reschedule the first matchup instead of stealing our home game? **** this. Complete bull**** They should have canceled games against the lowere conference games and play the games at the top that matter

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - pesik - 02-26-2021 05:19 PM

(02-26-2021 04:58 PM)cvilletiger Wrote:  
(02-26-2021 04:41 PM)pesik Wrote:  3 points-

1) we have no chance to secure a 2 seed with any loss...with or without a Memphis away win.. you are over valuing a @ Memphis win

2) we are #4 in the net, we aren't getting higher.. the Q1/Q2 game is meaningless to us..we already have the net we need

3) net is not the end all be all..wku had they beaten Houston would have been a guaranteed at-large.. every recognized their conference was dragging their net.. win over bama, Memphis, Rhode island and dominating WVU (last second collapse) would have gotten them in with a 60s net
In the same breath Colgate has a top 25 net and has no chance at an at-large ...
Wku regardless of net will be a major resume win

The net is what is keeping you in the conversation. 1 win against a ranked team(TT) ? am I missing something? I'm not arguing Memphis's resume. I'm saying it would be a Q1 win(at mem) You only have 2. WKU is a Q2 win. Nothing more. The Mem road win would be a major resume win according to the computer. Whether you want to believe it or not. But knowing your mentality, you will argue with the computer. Good luck with that03-banghead

another blowout win vs boise (7-9 seed ncaa turney team) , blowout win vs wichita (bubble team), 2 blowout wins vs SMU (bubble teams), a blowout Win vs wku (bubble team)

i get what you are trying to say, it just doesnt make sense, or is worth it...

your point is that a road win vs memphis is better than a home win vs memphis.. i got that

but my point is to ask yourself is it worth it??? imagine you in our shoes..or that memphis and houston switched places

-- you are #4 in the net....and the 3 above you are not moving anytime soon (gonzaga, baylor, michigan)-- q1, q2, q3 games it doesnt matter your net isnt going up

-- houston (memphis) is not really even in the bubble-- destroying them at home or away will not change anything perception wise or net wise

-- playing at home is less strenuous on your players and conducive to better performance on the floor.. and your regular season finale...

would you give up your home edge for the minor boost in q1 vs q2 (when you are already at #4 IN THE NET)

This is an extremely easy decision...you are the one arguing with the common sense answer here

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - NTXCoog - 02-26-2021 05:21 PM

(02-26-2021 05:10 PM)JRR_IV Wrote:  So why didn’t they just reschedule the first matchup instead of stealing our home game? **** this. Complete bull**** They should have canceled games against the lowere conference games and play the games at the top that matter

So Memphis should play at Cinci Sunday, at USF Tuesday, at Houston Thursday, and at Memphis Sunday? 3 road games in 5 days and 4 games in 8 days? No because they would be tough on Memphis

You dont want Memphis deprived of home games but you're happy to deprive Cinci of a home game and USF of their Senior day to accomodate you

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - pesik - 02-26-2021 05:24 PM

(02-26-2021 05:10 PM)JRR_IV Wrote:  So why didn’t they just reschedule the first matchup instead of stealing our home game? **** this. Complete bull**** They should have canceled games against the lowere conference games and play the games at the top that matter

so that you played wichita instead....

thursday works for both a 2nd houston and a 2nd wichita game... its in houston/conference best interest to have you play that Wichita game ...memphis is against it

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - JRR_IV - 02-26-2021 05:24 PM

(02-26-2021 05:21 PM)NTXCoog Wrote:  

So Memphis should play at Cinci Sunday, at USF Tuesday, at Houston Thursday, and at Memphis Sunday? 3 road games in 5 days and 4 games in 8 days? No because they would be tough on Memphis

You dont want Memphis deprived of home games but you're happy to deprive Cinci of a home game and USF of their Senior day to accomodat you
You can move games around or cancel them? Why not even try to reschedule the games that could have huge implications in the standings? Whh play games that mean nothing? They could have easily worked it out like they have all season. They are trying to protect their two potential tournament teams instead of just playing the games. It sfucking stupid

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Stickboy46 - 02-26-2021 05:36 PM

(02-26-2021 05:19 PM)pesik Wrote:  

1) we have no chance to secure a 2 seed with any loss...with or without a Memphis away win.. you are over valuing a @ Memphis win

2) we are #4 in the net, we aren't getting higher.. the Q1/Q2 game is meaningless to us..we already have the net we need

3) net is not the end all be all..wku had they beaten Houston would have been a guaranteed at-large.. every recognized their conference was dragging their net.. win over bama, Memphis, Rhode island and dominating WVU (last second collapse) would have gotten them in with a 60s net
In the same breath Colgate has a top 25 net and has no chance at an at-large ...

The net is what is keeping you in the conversation. 1 win against a ranked team(TT) ? am I missing something? I'm not arguing Memphis's resume. I'm saying it would be a Q1 win(at mem) You only have 2. WKU is a Q2 win. Nothing more. The Mem road win would be a major resume win according to the computer. Whether you want to believe it or not. But knowing your mentality, you will argue with the computer. Good luck with that03-banghead

another blowout win vs boise (7-9 seed ncaa turney team) , blowout win vs wichita (bubble team), 2 blowout wins vs SMU (bubble teams), a blowout Win vs wku (bubble team)

your point is that a road win vs memphis is better than a home win vs memphis.. i got that

but my point is to ask yourself is it worth it??? imagine you in our shoes..or that memphis and houston switched places

-- you are #4 in the net....and the 3 above you are not moving anytime soon (gonzaga, baylor, michigan)-- q1, q2, q3 games it doesnt matter your net isnt going up

-- houston (memphis) is not really even in the bubble-- destroying them at home or away will not change anything perception wise or net wise

-- playing at home is less strenuous on your players and conducive to better performance on the floor.. and your regular season finale...

would you give up your home edge for the minor boost in q1 vs q2 (when you are already at #4 IN THE NET)

This is an extremely easy decision...you are the one arguing with the common sense answer here

7 Point win is a blowout win (vs WSU)?

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - NTXCoog - 02-26-2021 05:37 PM

(02-26-2021 05:24 PM)JRR_IV Wrote:  Whh play games that mean nothing?

So USF Senior Day means nothing? I'm sure it does to them.

AAC should cancel half the games every year because a large percentage of them mean nothing. Hell, let's just make the whole regular season a winner/losers bracket tournament with teams out starting mid season so we don't waste time playing games that mean nothing.

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - cvilletiger - 02-26-2021 05:38 PM

(02-26-2021 05:19 PM)pesik Wrote:  

probably true if you win out and win aac tourny. Just sayin if you lose in AAC tourny, they are going to screw you. Q1 wins are rare in this league.You only have 2. Most teams in top 25 have more than 2.

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - pesik - 02-26-2021 05:42 PM

(02-26-2021 05:36 PM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  7 Point win is a blowout win (vs WSU)?

yes...same way boise was a blowout at 10 and tech was a blowout at 11

if we are doing any sorta mercy at the end, i consider it a blowout, regardless of final score..all 3 of those we were up big, and purposely started kill clock to end the game, the shaved our leads

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Stickboy46 - 02-26-2021 05:45 PM

(02-26-2021 05:42 PM)pesik Wrote:  

if we are doing any sorta mercy at the end, i consider it a blowout, regardless of final score..all 3 of those we were up big, and purposely started kill clock to end the game, the shaved our leads

You were down 10 in the second half ... Stop. Far from a blowout win.

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Tiger1983 - 02-26-2021 05:51 PM

The plan was to move the 3/3/21 USF game to 3/2/21 and add road game at Houston on 3/4/21. The AAC torpedoed the game only minutes before the announcement. No AAC school should have to endure such shabby treatment.

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - pesik - 02-26-2021 05:51 PM

(02-26-2021 05:45 PM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  

yes and we were down to wku in our game in the 2nd half yesterday... by your very bad logic.. that wasnt a blowout???

if we wanted we could have beat you by 20+...the sampson "the game is over" is when we start holding the ball till the last 10 seconds of the shot clock and they throw up a prayer to shorten the game...we were doing that the last 5 minutes of the Wichita game

i had this same dumb argument with a tech fan who said they only lost by 10..we were up 20 and started killing clock

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - cvilletiger - 02-26-2021 05:52 PM

the master spinner

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - JRR_IV - 02-26-2021 05:52 PM

(02-26-2021 05:24 PM)pesik Wrote:  

so that you played wichita instead....

thursday works for both a 2nd houston and a 2nd wichita game... its in houston/conference best interest to have you play that Wichita game ...memphis is against it

We should have 2 v Houston and 1 more vs Wichita State. It’s bull**** that Memphis who has tried to get ooc games on the schedule but the conference told them no first get your postponed in conference games first. Where is that for Houston? They are catering to the two teams who they think give them the most likely chance to get in the tourney. They are screwing Memphis by not even attempting to schedule the games that actually have conference implications its preposterous.

Also **** ECU for not following protocols and giving Memphis, SMU and others covid.

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - NTXCoog - 02-26-2021 05:53 PM

And up by 11 with 0:22 to play. Two 3 pointers by Wichita in the last 12 seconds made the ending look closer. But I agree it wasn't a blowout

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Stickboy46 - 02-26-2021 05:57 PM

(02-26-2021 05:51 PM)pesik Wrote:  

yes and we were down to wku in our game in the 2nd half yesterday... by your very bad logic.. that wasnt a blowout???

if we wanted we could have beat you by 20+...the sampson "the game is over" is when we start holding the ball till the last 10 seconds of the shot clock and they throw up a prayer to shorted the game...we were doing that the last 5 minutes of the wichita game

i had this same dumb argument with a tech fan who said they only lost by 10..we were up 20 and started killing clock

This is an embarrassing argument ... Stop ... it's a bad look for you.

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - pesik - 02-26-2021 05:59 PM

(02-26-2021 05:57 PM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  This is an embarrassing argument ... Stop ... it's a bad look for you.
your Homerism is an embarrassment ...

you are counting last second hail mary 3s after the game was over to say it wasnt a blowout..

we both know Houston could have step on the gas if we wanted....

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - pesik - 02-26-2021 06:01 PM

sampson noted in an interview not too long ago, that houston hadnt won any of its close games yet..

only if he knew Stickboy46 knew more than him

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Stickboy46 - 02-26-2021 06:01 PM

(02-26-2021 05:59 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(02-26-2021 05:57 PM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  This is an embarrassing argument ... Stop ... it's a bad look for you.
your Homerism is an embarrassment ...

you are counting last second hail mary 3s after the game was over to say it wasnt a blowout..

we both know Houston could have step on the gas if we wanted....
You talking about ANYONE'S homerism is an embarrassment. This argument is comical. In no world is a game you win by 7 a blowout.

If that's the case, I'm claiming the 5 point win over Houston as a blowout. I mean we were up double digits in the second half and could have put our foot on the gas but didn't. That's how this works right, you just get to claim possibilities that didn't actually happen right?

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - NTXCoog - 02-26-2021 06:02 PM

(02-26-2021 05:52 PM)JRR_IV Wrote:  We should have 2 v Houston and 1 more vs Wichita State. It’s bull**** that Memphis who has tried to get ooc games on the schedule but the conference told them no first get your postponed in conference games first. Where is that for Houston?

Houston played all of its conference games except 1 vs ECU which couldnt be rescheduled because they're still out and Memphis which has conflicting existing conference games.

So why would the conference tell UH no? None of UH's non-con additions impacted conference games