CSNbbs
*** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** (/thread-886257.html)

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Unionman76 - 09-29-2021 09:08 AM

larry brown keeping folks grounded

To which Larry Brown added: “Talent doesn’t win s---.”

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Tigersmoke4 - 09-30-2021 02:02 AM

(09-29-2021 09:08 AM)Unionman76 Wrote:  larry brown keeping folks grounded

Wow. Can Memphis bring the AAC its first "money sports" national championship since uconn? It's really feeling possible. 04-cheers

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - TroyTBoy - 09-30-2021 02:40 AM

(09-30-2021 02:02 AM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  
(09-29-2021 09:08 AM)Unionman76 Wrote:  larry brown keeping folks grounded

Wow. Can Memphis bring the AAC its first "money sports" national championship since uconn? It's really feeling possible. 04-cheers

Having UCF go undefeated two straight years in the "money sports" (whether you want to argue the subjectivity of the football system and championships that have a history of being claimed) is up there too. If Memphis can replicate a run like that then it will be an all-time team. 04-cheers

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Milwaukee - 09-30-2021 04:33 AM

(09-25-2021 02:41 PM)pesik Wrote:  AAC coaches anonymously talk about who the sleeper in the league is
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/32257853/coaches-identify-men-college-basketball-top-sleeper-teams-2021-22-season

UCF gets the most mentions - returns a ton, coaches aware of the impact covid had on them which is why they looked bad to finish the year
temple and cincy each got a mention

There has been another summary indicating that UCF and Temple were the most mentioned, and that the AAC coaches emphasized the strength of Temple's back court, which will be enhanced by the addition of some freshmen with potential.

Curious - - what was mentioned about Cincinnati by the AAC coaches?

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - SadderBudweiser - 09-30-2021 05:52 AM

(09-28-2021 08:34 PM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  A few tweets concerning the Tiger’s first practice today….

That old guy gonna get run-over!

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - BrooklynRocket - 10-01-2021 03:42 PM

Cincy gets a commit from top 150 2022 forward Josh Reed.

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Tiger1983 - 10-06-2021 03:17 PM

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - pesik - 10-07-2021 11:26 AM

Coaches anonymously talk about NIL
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/candid-coaches-will-name-image-and-likeness-legislation-increase-or-decrease-cheating-in-college-sports/

lots of shots about Memphis and fedex...tons of quotes but Memphis was the only one specifically called out....lots of "legal cheating" talk

this is what i said ealier that I don't get why Memphis media/fans was bragging about the fedex and noting it everywhere

when NIL laws happen Memphis will be the face

*** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - thatFFnerd - 10-07-2021 11:39 AM

Thirty three days away. Article dropped last night as a top 35 team for CBB review is Wichita State. Enjoy https://cbbreview.com/2021/10/06/wichita-state-basketball-cbb-rank-no-34/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - TripleA - 10-07-2021 12:23 PM

(10-07-2021 11:26 AM)pesik Wrote:  Coaches anonymously talk about NIL
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/candid-coaches-will-name-image-and-likeness-legislation-increase-or-decrease-cheating-in-college-sports/

lots of shots about Memphis and fedex...tons of quotes but Memphis was the only one specifically called out....lots of "legal cheating" talk

this is what i said ealier that I don't get why Memphis media/fans was bragging about the fedex and noting it everywhere

Hey pesik, are you aware that Joe Tipton was the source of that rumor about Fedex and the $1M NIL deal, and that he deleted the story after Fred Smith publicly announced that it was a lie?

No other originally sourced piece was ever written about it, afaik. Comments that appear now arise from that one debunked article.

And no NIL deals have been announced for either player yet. Both have simply signed with agents to help them. Perfectly legal now.

Speaking of, the idea of "legal cheating" is laughable.

You also said: "lots of shots about Memphis and fedex..." NO. There was that one mention about FedEx. Nothing else.

Not to mention, I recall a few UH fans here getting all wrapped around the axle about media reports that Fertitta stepped in and helped shove UH into the Big 12, when the Big 12 did not plan to take them. You can't have it both ways, lol.

Do some research, dude. The media prints BS every day, and you perpetuate it. Commence gum flapping in 3...2...1...

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - pesik - 10-07-2021 01:13 PM

(10-07-2021 12:23 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

Hey pesik, are you aware that Joe Tipton was the source of that rumor about Fedex and the $1M NIL deal, and that he deleted the story after Fred Smith publicly announced that it was a lie?

No other originally sourced piece was ever written about it, afaik. Comments that appear now arise from that one debunked article.

And no NIL deals have been announced for either player yet. Both have simply signed with agents to help them. Perfectly legal now.

You also said: "lots of shots about Memphis and fedex..." NO. There was that one mention about FedEx. Nothing else.

Not to mention, I recall a few UH fans here getting all wrapped around the axle about media reports that Fertitta stepped in and helped shove UH into the Big 12, when the Big 12 did not plan to take them. You can't have it both ways, lol.

Do some research, dude. The media prints BS every day, and you perpetuate it. Commence gum flapping in 3...2...1...

no other "original source"- you are acting like i said i had an issue with the fedex paying part... i noted, i didnt get why memphis media/fans was "bragging about it" .. and yes memphis media/fans were bragging about it (As to why theyd land bure/bates) i know because i listened to Memphis radio/social media at the time looking to see if theyd actually commit..and they all were celebrating and on megaphone .. everyone in the nation knows about the NIL stuff like 40 people read tiptons ON3 site

and are we going to pretend like we are naive and there wasnt a NIL deal likely in place??? (denials were obviously going to happen it would be a violation)

also, the part I bolded was a complete manipulation of what happened in the Houston situation

you literally just read the headline of an article (not the actual article) and said
"Houston only got into the big 12 because of texas politics"..

which we called you out and said the article literally doesn't say that, it just said Houston's AD "was nervous", and called Fertitta.. and the article called Fertitta a political force

we had no issue with Fertitta being involved ..Fertitta is the head of the board of trustees at Houston, he is supposed to be involved

your post are always so hypocritical..."Do some research" is literally you...you've been posting fake news to defend Memphis the last few days ..
like how Mack Rhoades was against Houston... You know Houston old AD who left on great terms with Houston

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Cletus - 10-07-2021 02:15 PM

(10-07-2021 11:39 AM)thatFFnerd Wrote:  Thirty three days away. Article dropped last night as a top 35 team for CBB review is Wichita State. Enjoy https://cbbreview.com/2021/10/06/wichita-state-basketball-cbb-rank-no-34/

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - TripleA - 10-07-2021 07:39 PM

(10-07-2021 01:13 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(10-07-2021 12:23 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

no other "original source"- you are acting like i said i had an issue with the fedex paying part... i noted, i didnt get why memphis media/fans was "bragging about it" .. and yes memphis media/fans were bragging about it (As to why theyd land bure/bates) i know because i listened to Memphis radio/social media at the time looking to see if theyd actually commit..and they all were celebrating and on megaphone .. everyone in the nation knows about the NIL stuff like 40 people read tiptons ON3 site

and are we going to pretend like we are naive and there wasnt a NIL deal likely in place??? (denials were obviously going to happen it would be a violation)

also, the part I bolded was a complete manipulation of what happened in the Houston situation

you literally just read the headline of an article (not the actual article) and said
"Houston only got into the big 12 because of texas politics"..

which we called you out and said the article literally doesn't say that, it just said Houston's AD "was nervous", and called Fertitta.. and the article called Fertitta a political force

we had no issue with Fertitta being involved ..Fertitta is the head of the board of trustees at Houston, he is supposed to be involved

your post are always so hypocritical..."Do some research" is literally you...you've been posting fake news to defend Memphis the last few days ..
like how Mack Rhoades was against Houston... You know Houston old AD who left on great terms with Houston

Pesik, you are fuller of crap than a Christmas turkey. Every spin you take on every detail is almost always inaccurate.

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - pesik - 10-07-2021 07:54 PM

(10-07-2021 07:39 PM)TripleA Wrote:  Pesik, you are fuller of crap than a Christmas turkey. Every spin you take on every detail is almost always inaccurate.

you are literally the spin king!!!!
to protect Memphis you MUST SPIN IT ALL!!!!

the head of the big 12 expansion committees opinion doesn't matter in expansion, Mr spin king!!!

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - TripleA - 10-08-2021 02:00 AM

(10-07-2021 07:54 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(10-07-2021 07:39 PM)TripleA Wrote:  Pesik, you are fuller of crap than a Christmas turkey. Every spin you take on every detail is almost always inaccurate.

you are literally the spin king!!!!
to protect Memphis you MUST SPIN IT ALL!!!!

the head of the big 12 expansion committees opinion doesn't matter in expansion, Mr spin king!!!

And none of your accusations make your false crap about FedEx any more accurate. This is what you always do. Ignore the accusations and attack the person who points it out.

Oh, and look up the video on YouTube where it's reported that the expansion committee had little or nothing to do with the final decision on the 4 schools. Personally, I don't care either way, just telling you what was reported.

But again, that doesn't excuse your claim that there were tons in that piece about FedEx and Memphis. There was one mention of FedEx, which was false.

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - SadderBudweiser - 10-10-2021 01:51 PM

Looks like SMU has a commitment from 7-footer
Mouhamadou Cisse.

https://mobile.twitter.com/adamfinkelstein/status/1446922522512011269?s=21

*** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Stickboy46 - 10-13-2021 03:23 AM

WSU had their "Shocker Madness" last night. Small scrimmage with 3 PT and dunk competition. I was out of town so I couldn't go.

Only thing of note ... Kenny Pohto, our 6'11 freshman won the 3 PT competition. Could be interesting in the pick and roll/pop game with Etienne.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Tiger1983 - 10-13-2021 12:48 PM

(10-13-2021 03:23 AM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  WSU had their "Shocker Madness" last night. Small scrimmage with 3 PT and dunk competition. I was out of town so I couldn't go.

Only thing of note ... Kenny Pohto, our 6'11 freshman won the 3 PT competition. Could be interesting in the pick and roll/pop game with Etienne.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

And draw out shot blockers from the lane.

RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - Tiger1983 - 10-13-2021 11:06 PM

Memphis Madness highlights (in no particular order)

*** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - thatFFnerd - 10-14-2021 02:03 PM

A few AAC teams make the list, biggest complaint is that they don’t count the conference as a power conference. https://cbbreview.com/2021/10/14/ten-likely-mid-majors-sweet-16-further/