CSNbbs
GSU @ Troy Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: GSU @ Troy Thread (/thread-859481.html)

GSU @ Troy Thread - GSUALUM17 - 10-01-2018 11:25 AM

Kickoff at 7:30pm on Thursday
TV: ESPNU
ATL Radio: 92.9 the Game

Troy is 17pts favorite. Sounds about right. We are so young. 25 freshmen played meaningful snaps against ULM.

Good news for the Panthers? Troy cant just dial up the pass rush like they harassed Manning last year. Ellington will just tuck the ball and run. So that's a positive.

RE: GSU @ Troy Thread - GSUALUM17 - 10-01-2018 03:36 PM

CSE: "Neal Brown is an exceptional coach, Troy has a high-powered offense, strong OL, soild RBs, hard to find weakness with those guys."

RE: GSU @ Troy Thread - CardinalBlackTrojan - 10-01-2018 03:57 PM

(10-01-2018 11:25 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  Kickoff at 7:30pm on Thursday

Troy is 17pts favorite. Sounds about right. We are so young. 25 freshmen played meaningful snaps against ULM.

Good news for the Panthers? Troy cant just dial up the pass rush like they harassed Manning last year. Ellington will just tuck the ball and run. So that's a positive.

Troy will still rush Ellington quite a bit. That'd be unlike Koenning not to. The biggest issue Ellington will have is figuring out the different looks the Troy defense will have.

RE: GSU @ Troy Thread - troyw - 10-01-2018 08:14 PM

(10-01-2018 03:57 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

Troy will still rush Ellington quite a bit. That'd be unlike Koenning not to. The biggest issue Ellington will have is figuring out the different looks the Troy defense will have.

Ellington will get his yards, let's just hope it's not on key third down plays.

RE: GSU @ Troy Thread - GSUALUM17 - 10-01-2018 08:25 PM

(10-01-2018 03:57 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

Well...I know one thing that worked well against hyper aggressive defenses is the fake RB dive with QB bootleg. Crossing my fingers it works again!

RE: GSU @ Troy Thread - TrojansOneandAll - 10-01-2018 08:46 PM

If Troy plays like they did against Coastal the only problem Ellington will have is deciding which
side of the D line to blow through with a trap play.

RE: GSU @ Troy Thread - Atlanta Trojan - 10-02-2018 06:12 PM

Kaleb Barker QB at Troy has been compleating 71.6% of his throws, which ranks 6th nationally.

RE: GSU @ Troy Thread - Hemi Man - 10-02-2018 06:49 PM

Anyone making the trip down, hit me up if you need a tailgate to hangout at before the game. The crowd will be late arriving.

RE: GSU @ Troy Thread - TroyFootball05 - 10-02-2018 11:20 PM

(10-01-2018 08:46 PM)TrojansOneandAll Wrote:  If Troy plays like they did against Coastal the only problem Ellington will have is deciding which

We'll be #1 in sacks after this game.

RE: GSU @ Troy Thread - 07pantheralum - 10-02-2018 11:42 PM

(10-02-2018 11:20 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(10-01-2018 08:46 PM)TrojansOneandAll Wrote:  If Troy plays like they did against Coastal the only problem Ellington will have is deciding which

This is what I'm afraid of on passing plays...sacks, strip-sacks, fumbles, huge losses...Ellington has to be a full second quicker whether it's making a throw, taking off or throwing it away. But I'm guessing we will try very hard to keep running it. I know your defense is much better than ULM's, but we just set school records in the running game last week. That could be a confidence booster and I fully expect us to keep riding that. Elliott would probably try to do that anyway in the early going...that's been his MO and it seems to finally be paying off.

RE: GSU @ Troy Thread - eaglewraith - 10-04-2018 12:29 PM

(10-02-2018 11:42 PM)07pantheralum Wrote:  
(10-02-2018 11:20 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

This is what I'm afraid of on passing plays...sacks, strip-sacks, fumbles, huge losses...Ellington has to be a full second quicker whether it's making a throw, taking off or throwing it away. But I'm guessing we will try very hard to keep running it. I know your defense is much better than ULM's, but we just set school records in the running game last week. That could be a confidence booster and I fully expect us to keep riding that. Elliott would probably try to do that anyway in the early going...that's been his MO and it seems to finally be paying off.

I don't think Troy is dumb enough to leave the loaded side of an unbalanced line undefended.