Bookmark and Share
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
GSU @ Troy Thread
Kickoff at 7:30pm on Thursday
TV: ESPNU
ATL Radio: 92.9 the Game

Troy is 17pts favorite. Sounds about right. We are so young. 25 freshmen played meaningful snaps against ULM.

Good news for the Panthers? Troy cant just dial up the pass rush like they harassed Manning last year. Ellington will just tuck the ball and run. So that's a positive.
10-01-2018 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

RE: GSU @ Troy Thread
CSE: "Neal Brown is an exceptional coach, Troy has a high-powered offense, strong OL, soild RBs, hard to find weakness with those guys."

10-01-2018 03:36 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
(10-01-2018 11:25 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  Kickoff at 7:30pm on Thursday

Troy is 17pts favorite. Sounds about right. We are so young. 25 freshmen played meaningful snaps against ULM.

Good news for the Panthers? Troy cant just dial up the pass rush like they harassed Manning last year. Ellington will just tuck the ball and run. So that's a positive.

Troy will still rush Ellington quite a bit. That'd be unlike Koenning not to. The biggest issue Ellington will have is figuring out the different looks the Troy defense will have.
10-01-2018 03:57 PM
Advertisement

troyw Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy
(10-01-2018 03:57 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

Troy will still rush Ellington quite a bit. That'd be unlike Koenning not to. The biggest issue Ellington will have is figuring out the different looks the Troy defense will have.

Ellington will get his yards, let's just hope it's not on key third down plays.
10-01-2018 08:14 PM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

(10-01-2018 03:57 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

Well...I know one thing that worked well against hyper aggressive defenses is the fake RB dive with QB bootleg. Crossing my fingers it works again!
10-01-2018 08:25 PM
Advertisement

TrojansOneandAll Online
2nd String

If Troy plays like they did against Coastal the only problem Ellington will have is deciding which
side of the D line to blow through with a trap play.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018 08:46 PM by TrojansOneandAll.)
10-01-2018 08:46 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Kaleb Barker QB at Troy has been compleating 71.6% of his throws, which ranks 6th nationally.
10-02-2018 06:12 PM
Advertisement

Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

Anyone making the trip down, hit me up if you need a tailgate to hangout at before the game. The crowd will be late arriving.
10-02-2018 06:49 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(10-01-2018 08:46 PM)TrojansOneandAll Wrote:  If Troy plays like they did against Coastal the only problem Ellington will have is deciding which

We'll be #1 in sacks after this game.
10-02-2018 11:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

07pantheralum Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GSU/GT
(10-02-2018 11:20 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(10-01-2018 08:46 PM)TrojansOneandAll Wrote:  If Troy plays like they did against Coastal the only problem Ellington will have is deciding which

This is what I'm afraid of on passing plays...sacks, strip-sacks, fumbles, huge losses...Ellington has to be a full second quicker whether it's making a throw, taking off or throwing it away. But I'm guessing we will try very hard to keep running it. I know your defense is much better than ULM's, but we just set school records in the running game last week. That could be a confidence booster and I fully expect us to keep riding that. Elliott would probably try to do that anyway in the early going...that's been his MO and it seems to finally be paying off.
10-02-2018 11:42 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(10-02-2018 11:42 PM)07pantheralum Wrote:  
(10-02-2018 11:20 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

This is what I'm afraid of on passing plays...sacks, strip-sacks, fumbles, huge losses...Ellington has to be a full second quicker whether it's making a throw, taking off or throwing it away. But I'm guessing we will try very hard to keep running it. I know your defense is much better than ULM's, but we just set school records in the running game last week. That could be a confidence booster and I fully expect us to keep riding that. Elliott would probably try to do that anyway in the early going...that's been his MO and it seems to finally be paying off.

I don't think Troy is dumb enough to leave the loaded side of an unbalanced line undefended.
10-04-2018 12:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.