CSNbbs
Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond (/thread-847354.html)

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - AZcats - 08-29-2020 04:45 PM

(08-29-2020 01:55 PM)Fresno St. Alum Wrote:  
(08-29-2020 10:11 AM)AZcats Wrote:  
(08-29-2020 03:24 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  D2 have been bleeding schools who are way too small, have no money to compete and no competition for the large schools. West Texas A&M have been rumor going to the WAC to follow Tarleton State.

West Texas A&M
Bentley
New Haven
Augustana
Augusta
Columbus State
Southern New Hampshire
Southern Indiana
Lindenwood
Indianapolis

Many more are said to be looking to join. The talk is the large schools are seeing that the D2 is watered down, and that they can't play major D1 schools in the money game sports now. Plus, the rumors are that the NCAA will drop D2 and D3 which would leave many schools homeless. That would free up money for the D1 schools. I could see that D1 could expand to have 1AA for all sports including men's basketball. That would give more spots in the tournaments for the top conferences.

There are rumors that SAC is going to invite a D3 school to go to 14.
Emory & Henry is the top choice.
Guilford and Christopher Newport are said to be looking to join D2. I would not be surprise Salisbury is looking as well.

The ramblings of a Mad Man. The same person who said Ohio Valley had football in post #403 above.
[Image: catevari16.jpg]

Ohio Valley does have football, Austin Peay will be representing them today. 03-wink

Ha ha! Ok, the Ohio Valley University Fighting Scots do not have football.

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - nhoward14 - 09-06-2020 01:35 PM

Just thought I'd update the situation with Christian Community College-California, after extensively combing through the NJCAA site, with all of the updates for this year, there was not one reference to CCC anywhere on the site. Looks like they will be playing a jumble of teams again this year with no championships to play for.

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - DavidSt - 09-07-2020 01:18 PM

Emory & Henry D2 Talks

Quote:The Emory & Henry board of trustees is scheduled to meet this weekend to discuss plans for the opening of classes this fall. According to multiple sources, one subject that might be brought up involves a study for E&H to move from the non-scholarship world of NCAA Division III athletics to NCAA Division II where scholarships are offered.

Newsome declined comment on the NCAA Division II subject.

Seems Newsome did not say the Emory & Henry going to D2 rumor is not false. Something is brewing in Virginia right now.

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - DavidSt - 09-07-2020 01:21 PM

(09-06-2020 01:35 PM)nhoward14 Wrote:  Just thought I'd update the situation with Christian Community College-California, after extensively combing through the NJCAA site, with all of the updates for this year, there was not one reference to CCC anywhere on the site. Looks like they will be playing a jumble of teams again this year with no championships to play for.

I checked their site out, and it seems not all the schools been added yet while some are still up who dropped all sports during the summer. They were accepted in January and the pandemic started in February which meant they may not have been able to update their site right now.

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - Fighting Muskie - 09-07-2020 01:23 PM

(09-07-2020 01:18 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Emory & Henry D2 Talks

Quote:The Emory & Henry board of trustees is scheduled to meet this weekend to discuss plans for the opening of classes this fall. According to multiple sources, one subject that might be brought up involves a study for E&H to move from the non-scholarship world of NCAA Division III athletics to NCAA Division II where scholarships are offered.

Seems Newsome did not say the Emory & Henry going to D2 rumor is not false. Something is brewing in Virginia right now.

South Atlantic Conference seems like the most likely bet if they move up.

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - AZcats - 09-07-2020 01:27 PM

(09-07-2020 01:21 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(09-06-2020 01:35 PM)nhoward14 Wrote:  Just thought I'd update the situation with Christian Community College-California, after extensively combing through the NJCAA site, with all of the updates for this year, there was not one reference to CCC anywhere on the site. Looks like they will be playing a jumble of teams again this year with no championships to play for.

I checked their site out, and it seems not all the schools been added yet while some are still up who dropped all sports during the summer. They were accepted in January and the pandemic started in February which meant they may not have been able to update their site right now.

How much does Christian Community College-California pay you to promote them as if they are a real school.

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - NotANewbie - 09-07-2020 02:14 PM

I remember back in the sixties there were rumors that Emory and Henry wanted to move up. I would imagine that if we wait long enough, something might happen. 03-yawn

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - DavidSt - 09-08-2020 02:33 AM

(09-07-2020 01:27 PM)AZcats Wrote:  

How much does Christian Community College-California pay you to promote them as if they are a real school.

They are real college. They had been accredited by TRACS since 2007. They have class rooms and all that. They just added varsity sports. The letter said they are a provisional member until they go through the full process to become full member. They will be in Region 1 with Arizona schools. That conference will be 17 schools there.

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - HatterFan - 09-08-2020 08:15 AM

man, they should put that endorsement front and center on the brochures, the recruiting website, what have you.

"They are real college...they have class rooms and all that." - DavidSt, some guy on the Internet

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - IWokeUpLikeThis - 09-08-2020 09:08 AM

Thanks David for the information on Christian Community College! I'll try to sight-see it on my next trip to California.

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - nhoward14 - 09-08-2020 09:21 AM

(09-08-2020 02:33 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  

They are real college. They had been accredited by TRACS since 2007. They have class rooms and all that. They just added varsity sports. The letter said they are a provisional member until they go through the full process to become full member. They will be in Region 1 with Arizona schools. That conference will be 17 schools there.

David, please check the NJCAA website, they are not members. The NJCAA updated their website last month and made all of the membership changes, and Community Christian is not on there. The only athletic governing body website that has CCC on it is the College Club Basketball Association.

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - Todor - 09-08-2020 06:26 PM

(09-08-2020 09:21 AM)nhoward14 Wrote:  

David, please check the NJCAA website, they are not members. The NJCAA updated their website last month and made all of the membership changes, and Community Christian is not on there. The only athletic governing body website that has CCC on it is the College Club Basketball Association.

Well, they are actually in the ACCA. Its a much smaller and even lower level Christian college affiliation than than the NCCAA.
https://www.accasports.org/members

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - nhoward14 - 09-08-2020 08:04 PM

(09-08-2020 06:26 PM)Todor Wrote:  
(09-07-2020 01:21 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  I checked their site out, and it seems not all the schools been added yet while some are still up who dropped all sports during the summer. They were accepted in January and the pandemic started in February which meant they may not have been able to update their site right now.

Well, they are actually in the ACCA. Its a much smaller and even lower level Christian college affiliation than than the NCCAA.
https://www.accasports.org/members

I forgot about that, playing some high profile teams like University of Los Angeles and Free Lutheran Bible College no doubt.

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - DavidSt - 09-08-2020 10:21 PM

I posted the link to their acceptance letter from the NJCAA a few pages back.

Still, there are a couple of Arkansas and Colorado colleges that added sports still not listed on their site yet. It seems they do not add provisional schools to their website until they fully accepted.

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - AZcats - 09-09-2020 01:16 PM

(09-08-2020 10:21 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(09-07-2020 01:21 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  I checked their site out, and it seems not all the schools been added yet while some are still up who dropped all sports during the summer. They were accepted in January and the pandemic started in February which meant they may not have been able to update their site right now.

Still, there are a couple of Arkansas and Colorado colleges that added sports still not listed on their site yet. It seems they do not add provisional schools to their website until they fully accepted.

The title says this thread is about D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA realignment. I won't comment on USCAA. Community Christian (and North American U) have not applied to NCAA or NAIA. They are not even eligible to apply. So, as I see it, we have all wasted time discussing them on an OT basis in this thread and will remain OT until they become eligible and apply to NCAA or NAIA. Hope you are enjoying those promotional payments from the "school", David.

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - CitrusUCF - 09-09-2020 03:27 PM

(09-09-2020 01:16 PM)AZcats Wrote:  
(09-07-2020 01:27 PM)AZcats Wrote:  How much does Christian Community College-California pay you to promote them as if they are a real school.

The title says this thread is about D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA realignment. I won't comment on USCAA. Community Christian (and North American U) have not applied to NCAA or NAIA. They are not even eligible to apply. So, as I see it, we have all wasted time discussing them on an OT basis in this thread and will remain OT until they become eligible and apply to NCAA or NAIA. Hope you are enjoying those promotional payments from the "school", David.

LOL, there's no way this school is real. They don't even know what their own name is...check out their football page: https://www.cccollege.edu/football-on-campus

At the top, the name is Community Christian College. At the bottom it's Christian Community College. 03-lmfao

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - AZcats - 09-09-2020 05:29 PM

(09-09-2020 03:27 PM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  
(09-09-2020 01:16 PM)AZcats Wrote:  
(09-08-2020 02:33 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  They are real college. They had been accredited by TRACS since 2007. They have class rooms and all that. They just added varsity sports. The letter said they are a provisional member until they go through the full process to become full member. They will be in Region 1 with Arizona schools. That conference will be 17 schools there.

LOL, there's no way this school is real. They don't even know what their own name is...check out their football page: https://www.cccollege.edu/football-on-campus

At the top, the name is Community Christian College. At the bottom it's Christian Community College. 03-lmfao

That is hilarious! What a good "school" this is. 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - mufanatehc - 09-09-2020 06:13 PM

Emory isn't leaving the ODAC and their long established rivals for some D2 wasteland. The alumni would revolt

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - Fighting Muskie - 09-09-2020 06:17 PM

If they paid someone to design that website they should ask for their money back.

RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - Todor - 09-09-2020 07:00 PM

(09-09-2020 06:17 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  If they paid someone to design that website they should ask for their money back.

Come on DavidSt, hand it over. Just pull it out of your corporate account where you also keep your consulting fees and big PR money.