CSNbbs
Football popularity - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Football popularity (/thread-825363.html)

Football popularity - HoustonRocks - 08-28-2017 01:06 PM

[How American Football Became the World’s Greatest Game

1,057,407 Players: Football Still No. 1 Sport for High School Boys

RE: Football popularity - MWC Tex - 08-28-2017 01:34 PM

You can't have the participants show that football is most popular because that sports has 30 or more players for a team which pales in comparison to the 11 spots more or less of basketball teams.

The telling stat is the number of schools sponsoring teams and football is #4. Basketball is the most popular sport among high schools.
https://www.nfhs.org/ParticipationStatistics/ParticipationStatistics/
They have stats that show the past 10 years of sponsoring and participation.
The sport that keeps rising year after year is boys soccer. Boy's golf also is getting more HS participation.

RE: Football popularity - panama - 08-28-2017 01:48 PM

Because inner city and some rural schools dont have teh resources to sponsor football.

RE: Football popularity - C0|db|00ded - 08-28-2017 02:32 PM

Please stop saying soccer.

I'll say it again folks; synchronize your U.S. world power ranking leading indicators to the rise of soccer in America. You'll be able to identify the exact decade that America loses her grip on the pole position. That's when the real wars will start.

T

...03-cool

RE: Football popularity - oliveandblue - 08-28-2017 03:24 PM

(08-28-2017 02:32 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  Please stop saying soccer.

I'll say it again folks; synchronize your U.S. world power ranking leading indicators to the rise of soccer in America. You'll be able to identify the exact decade that America loses her grip on the pole position. That's when the real wars will start.

T

...03-cool
Correlation is not causation. Soccer taking over means nothing in regards to US power.

RE: Football popularity - aTxTIGER - 08-28-2017 03:42 PM

T

...03-cool

This is the dumbest thing I've read on this board in a decade.....and that includes at least 5 years of TopCoog on this board.

RE: Football popularity - OUGwave - 08-28-2017 05:02 PM

T

...03-cool

You're not making a good impression on your school here.

RE: Football popularity - C0|db|00ded - 08-28-2017 05:05 PM

3 soccer triggers. Not bad but I can do better.

T

...03-cool

RE: Football popularity - Hokie Mark - 08-28-2017 09:37 PM

(08-28-2017 01:34 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  You can't have the participants show that football is most popular because that sports has 30 or more players for a team which pales in comparison to the 11 spots more or less of basketball teams.

The telling stat is the number of schools sponsoring teams and football is #4. Basketball is the most popular sport among high schools.
https://www.nfhs.org/ParticipationStatistics/ParticipationStatistics/
They have stats that show the past 10 years of sponsoring and participation.
The sport that keeps rising year after year is boys soccer. Boy's golf also is getting more HS participation.

I think # of participants is exactly the point. Yes, football requires a lot more players - that's why schools are starting to drop it - but it's also the best way to determine which sport the PLAYERS want to play.

There are a lot of reasons why a school might or might not sponsor a sport. The wishes of the players is probably not the #1 concern...

RE: Football popularity - C0|db|00ded - 08-29-2017 09:47 AM

Football is a dangerous sport that is expensive to play and wrecks the human body. Retired football players are in wheelchairs dying prematurely while retired basketball players lead normal lives and enjoy normal lifespans.

Soccer on the other hand wrecks economies and wastes calories.

T

...03-cool