Football popularity
08-28-2017 01:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
RE: Football popularity
You can't have the participants show that football is most popular because that sports has 30 or more players for a team which pales in comparison to the 11 spots more or less of basketball teams.

The telling stat is the number of schools sponsoring teams and football is #4. Basketball is the most popular sport among high schools.
https://www.nfhs.org/ParticipationStatis...tatistics/
They have stats that show the past 10 years of sponsoring and participation.
The sport that keeps rising year after year is boys soccer. Boy's golf also is getting more HS participation.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2017 01:36 PM by MWC Tex.)
08-28-2017 01:34 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Because inner city and some rural schools dont have teh resources to sponsor football.
08-28-2017 01:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
Please stop saying soccer.

I'll say it again folks; synchronize your U.S. world power ranking leading indicators to the rise of soccer in America. You'll be able to identify the exact decade that America loses her grip on the pole position. That's when the real wars will start.

T

...03-cool
08-28-2017 02:32 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
(08-28-2017 02:32 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  Please stop saying soccer.

I'll say it again folks; synchronize your U.S. world power ranking leading indicators to the rise of soccer in America. You'll be able to identify the exact decade that America loses her grip on the pole position. That's when the real wars will start.

T

...03-cool
Correlation is not causation. Soccer taking over means nothing in regards to US power.
08-28-2017 03:24 PM
Advertisement

aTxTIGER Online
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators

T

...03-cool

This is the dumbest thing I've read on this board in a decade.....and that includes at least 5 years of TopCoog on this board.
08-28-2017 03:42 PM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:

T

...03-cool

You're not making a good impression on your school here.
08-28-2017 05:02 PM
Advertisement

C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

3 soccer triggers. Not bad but I can do better.

T

...03-cool
08-28-2017 05:05 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(08-28-2017 01:34 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  You can't have the participants show that football is most popular because that sports has 30 or more players for a team which pales in comparison to the 11 spots more or less of basketball teams.

The telling stat is the number of schools sponsoring teams and football is #4. Basketball is the most popular sport among high schools.
https://www.nfhs.org/ParticipationStatis...tatistics/
They have stats that show the past 10 years of sponsoring and participation.
The sport that keeps rising year after year is boys soccer. Boy's golf also is getting more HS participation.

I think # of participants is exactly the point. Yes, football requires a lot more players - that's why schools are starting to drop it - but it's also the best way to determine which sport the PLAYERS want to play.

There are a lot of reasons why a school might or might not sponsor a sport. The wishes of the players is probably not the #1 concern...
08-28-2017 09:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

Football is a dangerous sport that is expensive to play and wrecks the human body. Retired football players are in wheelchairs dying prematurely while retired basketball players lead normal lives and enjoy normal lifespans.

Soccer on the other hand wrecks economies and wastes calories.

T

...03-cool
08-29-2017 09:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.