CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - kmfloyd - 11-14-2017 04:11 PM

(11-14-2017 04:03 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Berding also just said that they have everything cleared on the Newport site...this is a play at Portune, basically putting it at his feet.

And that is how you play the sports leverage game. Well done FCC

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - 50Cent - 11-14-2017 04:22 PM

(11-14-2017 04:11 PM)kmfloyd Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 04:03 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Berding also just said that they have everything cleared on the Newport site...this is a play at Portune, basically putting it at his feet.

The county commissioners (at least Monzel and Portune) are apparently planning to present how they will make PBS work. Detroit just killed their own chances doing the same thing. These guys are naive or idiots. Maybe both. Probably both.

Not sure how you can’t assist with the infrastructure. Good luck with amazon guys. Hilarious that Berding said that too.

I hated the idea of Newport. Now I’m hoping they put it there.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 11-14-2017 04:49 PM

(11-14-2017 04:22 PM)50Cent Wrote:  

The county commissioners (at least Monzel and Portune) are apparently planning to present how they will make PBS work. Detroit just killed their own chances doing the same thing. These guys are naive or idiots. Maybe both. Probably both.

Not sure how you can’t assist with the infrastructure. Good luck with amazon guys. Hilarious that Berding said that too.

I've always felt that Newport was the best and most realistic option. As long as the get the AA up and work on the 471 interchange a bit, it wouldn't be that big of a transpo issue and the site is tailor made for development and family entertainment.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 11-14-2017 04:52 PM

(11-14-2017 04:06 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  

I think Portune and the county are meeting tomorrow, no? So we should have an official stadium site by tomorrow I would think.

Yeah, he announced on twitter that they will discuss at 1pm tomorrow. They'll push for PBS, so FCC will be in Newport and Portune being the poster child for the city/county stadium consternation will be the one not re-elected. Cranley smartly attached himself to the attempt, even if he kind of thought it wouldn't work out.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - SuperFlyBCat - 11-14-2017 04:55 PM

(11-14-2017 04:52 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

I think Portune and the county are meeting tomorrow, no? So we should have an official stadium site by tomorrow I would think.

Yeah, he announced on twitter that they will discuss at 1pm tomorrow. They'll push for PBS, so FCC will be in Newport and Portune being the poster child for the city/county stadium consternation will be the one not re-elected. Cranley smartly attached himself to the attempt, even if he kind of thought it wouldn't work out.

I missed the PC, but thought it was Oakley. Newport is back in play? FC is looking for TIF and some help with infrastructure? So far the City and County have offered nothing?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 11-14-2017 05:00 PM

(11-14-2017 09:40 AM)50Cent Wrote:  So it appears they are down to three contestants for the first row chairs...Sacramento, Nashville and Cincinnati.

Nashville was originally considered bottom of the pack with little chance for the driest two slots. Yet they are progressive city and now have hockey and have paved way for stadium with public funding. They probably have passed Cincinnati.

Cranley can talk all he wants about Amazon hq2 but this city has shown it can’t compete with more up and coming cities.

Portune and his silly folly talk also has his head buried in the sand. Dude thinks MLS is bluffing re stadium and wants to use PBS. Go have a seat with Detroit who just tried the same ploy and did not make the final cut this round.

It’s a shame that one of the most vibrant up and coming soccer fan bases will be stuck in the USL with less than major cities like Louisville, Charleston, Bethlehem PA, etc.

I now hope that fC Cincinnati makes deal with Newport and somehow manages to upset Nashville and cranley et al can look across the river at the new stadium and development.

It’s like in the 1800s when this city scoffed at trains and was passed by other cities who had vision. How are the steamboats working?

While I think infrastructure requests are reasonable, it’s unreasonable to compare soccer to trains.

Also, I don’t think people understand what a drain Paul Brown Stadium is on the county’s resources. Not to mention Mikey will be upping the ante in the not too distant future.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 11-14-2017 05:04 PM

(11-14-2017 04:49 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 04:22 PM)50Cent Wrote:  

I've always felt that Newport was the best and most realistic option. As long as the get the AA up and work on the 471 interchange a bit, it wouldn't be that big of a transpo issue and the site is tailor made for development and family entertainment.

People need to get over it being in Kentucky. It’s a prime spot that puts it in close proximity to other pro sports. It’s in the heart of the city with a skyline view.

It’s also high time that Kentucky contributes.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 11-14-2017 05:12 PM

(11-14-2017 03:29 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 10:48 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  So Mercy Health gets a free ride on the FCC publicity train if the MLS invite doesn't happen? Pretty crafty marketing on their part if that's the case.

According to ESPN, the terms are reportedly $5M/year over 10 years. So double what our whole University is getting from our media rights 03-lmfao. #4 highest Shirt sponsorship deal in the MLS. Also, Nike just confirmed that FC Cincinnati is the 3rd highest selling soccer merchandise in the US by rate of inventory.

So with MLS invite, FCC starts with $50m cash flow. Awesome. Just the other day, Berding says this was a break even proposition.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 11-14-2017 05:27 PM

(11-14-2017 04:55 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

I missed the PC, but thought it was Oakley. Newport is back in play? FC is looking for TIF and some help with infrastructure? So far the City and County have offered nothing?

It's between Oakley and Newport. He was asked about Newport and said they had TIF approval and preliminary approval of their land use agreement as well as a MOU from Ovation developers and Newport. They want the stadium in Cincinnati, but if the city/county (emphasis on the latter) don't want to help they have to go where it's possible.

They are only asking for use of the $2.8M/year entertainment allotment that is currently not being used by the Hamilton County Commission that's collected from the existing temporary resident tax (hotel/tourism) for infrastructure development. The TIF is only for Newport.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 11-14-2017 05:28 PM

(11-14-2017 05:12 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 03:29 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 10:48 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  So Mercy Health gets a free ride on the FCC publicity train if the MLS invite doesn't happen? Pretty crafty marketing on their part if that's the case.

According to ESPN, the terms are reportedly $5M/year over 10 years. So double what our whole University is getting from our media rights 03-lmfao. #4 highest Shirt sponsorship deal in the MLS. Also, Nike just confirmed that FC Cincinnati is the 3rd highest selling soccer merchandise in the US by rate of inventory.

So with MLS invite, FCC starts with $50m cash flow. Awesome. Just the other day, Berding says this was a break even proposition.

$50M in and $350M out...they have a long way to get to break even.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 11-14-2017 07:39 PM

(11-14-2017 05:27 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

It's between Oakley and Newport. He was asked about Newport and said they had TIF approval and preliminary approval of their land use agreement as well as a MOU from Ovation developers and Newport. They want the stadium in Cincinnati, but if the city/county (emphasis on the latter) don't want to help they have to go where it's possible.

They are only asking for use of the $2.8M/year entertainment allotment that is currently not being used by the Hamilton County Commission that's collected from the existing temporary resident tax (hotel/tourism) for infrastructure development. The TIF is only for Newport.

Hey, if it's ONLY $2.8 million/yr, why should that hold them back? Just jack up the prices at UDF to cover it. Sick of billionaires running with their hands open to beg money off the public, but pushing for personal tax breaks for themselves behind the scenes.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 11-14-2017 07:43 PM

(11-14-2017 07:39 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 04:06 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  I think Portune and the county are meeting tomorrow, no? So we should have an official stadium site by tomorrow I would think.

Hey, if it's ONLY $2.8 million/yr, why should that hold them back? Just jack up the prices at UDF to cover it. Sick of billionaires running with their hands open to beg money off the public, but pushing for personal tax breaks for themselves behind the scenes.

Amen. I hope this city and county never give a dime to pro franchises in the game of billionaire municipal blackmail again.

Let Newport foot the bill. Enjoy.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - TubaCat - 11-14-2017 07:51 PM

Anyone who doesn't want to subsidize the business ventures of billionaires is a dirty communist! #MAGA!

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 11-14-2017 07:58 PM

House of Orange Bar, Molly Malone's, Hofrahaus, Mainstrasse. Come on, do it in NKY.

I've always bet on Newport simply because I've heard Bill Butler and Berding and buddies and that always seems to be how these things get worked, the super rich guys get together and make it happen.

Those #buildithere people will get over it. Real soccer fans aren't going to pass up on MLS just because it's in NKY.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 11-14-2017 09:03 PM

(11-14-2017 07:39 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 04:06 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  I think Portune and the county are meeting tomorrow, no? So we should have an official stadium site by tomorrow I would think.

To be clear, I never said I agreed with it, I was just giving all of the information to clarify what they're trying to run with. I too think it's ridiculous that billionaires continuously attempt to hold public government hostage, then come back on that government when they try to help others. The only way this would even remotely be justified is if that infrastructure money goes to something that needed improvement or is public use/ownership. If FCC takes ownership of anything using public dollars that's the last straw for me. Hamilton County has been ****** around with enough by one family in this city.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - levydl - 11-14-2017 09:07 PM

(11-14-2017 07:39 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  Hey, if it's ONLY $2.8 million/yr, why should that hold them back? Just jack up the prices at UDF to cover it. Sick of billionaires running with their hands open to beg money off the public, but pushing for personal tax breaks for themselves behind the scenes.

The way Lindner implied that the city/county owed him for all that his family has done for Cincinnati is obscene. He's an argument for upping the estate tax.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - 50Cent - 11-14-2017 09:36 PM

(11-14-2017 09:07 PM)levydl Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 07:39 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  Hey, if it's ONLY $2.8 million/yr, why should that hold them back? Just jack up the prices at UDF to cover it. Sick of billionaires running with their hands open to beg money off the public, but pushing for personal tax breaks for themselves behind the scenes.

The way Lindner implied that the city/county owed him for all that his family has done for Cincinnati is obscene. He's an argument for upping the estate tax.

Let’s just be Dayton. Or Lexington.

Cities like Nashville are growing while Cincinnati has shrunk, and the flight out of Hamilton County continues.

Rath, I’m quite sure you didn’t protest the money and tax relief given to gE and other projects in this city. This isn’t the Bengals or the Reds deal. Not even remotely close.

Bengals will be ...should be left to leave in 10 years. Then why will be here? I’ll take this franchise all day over the hapless bengals or reds.

Hopefully they can win the bid with Newport. It’s really a shame that this city and county will miss out on a chance to really add to development of another area of the city other than otr.

The county commissioners will really look minor league-ish and laughable when they propose PBS. Clearly they haven’t followed any of the MLS news of late. Where is aDetroit and Ford Field at in this final 3? PBS plan gives the bids to Nashville and Sacramento. Growing cities with a sport that’s on the rise. nFL and football hit their peak and bengals can’t even fill pbs.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 11-14-2017 09:50 PM

If the county commissioners vote to give them a plugged nickel, they should be out of a job.

BTW, GE employs people 365 days a year and is publicly traded. Its not a family venture. I'm done with billionaire families strong-arming and smoozing their pals in politics for municipal handouts to line their already deep coffers for entertaining people a handful of days a year.

If you live on the eastside of town, its easier to get to Newport than Oakley. Who cares what side of the dang river its on. Let their taxpayers get the shaft for a change.

Can't fill PBS that we are still paying through the nose for? There is a proposed solution there somewhere I believe.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - InspectorHound - 11-14-2017 09:56 PM

If it's such a big development opportunity, Newport should be knocking down the doors to get the deal done. Let them have it.

Hamilton County has funded more than its share of stadiums. FCC is delusional about how politically toxic public funding is among the electorate - no amount of "we're privately funding 100% of construction" deceptive marketing will change that.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - levydl - 11-14-2017 10:27 PM

(11-14-2017 09:36 PM)50Cent Wrote:  Let’s just be Dayton. Or Lexington.

Cities like Nashville are growing while Cincinnati has shrunk, and the flight out of Hamilton County continues.

Dayton and Lexington suck and don't have MLS teams. Nashville is great and doesn't have an MLS team. So Cincinnati . . . needs an MLS team?