03-28-2024 09:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: New heights live
Does sound like fun.

General admission tickets starting at $100? For that price I expect to be drinking shots with the boys.

03-28-2024 10:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cat_Litter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC

Donators
I watch these guys every week, but a hundred bucks? I see students are free though. Shoulda took a class.

03-29-2024 06:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(03-28-2024 10:49 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Does sound like fun.

General admission tickets starting at $100? For that price I expect to be drinking shots with the boys.

It’s an NIL fundraiser.

03-29-2024 06:47 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I have to agree; I was stunned by the ticket prices. And I understand that a portion of the money will support Cincy Reigns, but it seems they'll be playing to a lot of empty seats in Nippert which won't be a particularly good look.

Given the price point, wouldn't it have been better to hold this in Fifth Third Arena and attempt to fill the lower bowl for better optics? I wouldn't want to pay $103 to sit in the pavilion in Nippert in an early April rainstorm, especially for a non-sports event.

Having said this, I'm deeply appreciative of what the Kelce brothers have done, and continue to do, to support our University. I'm just puzzled by some of the planning decisions around this. Of course if the story leaks two days beforehand that Taylor Swift will be attending, those seats will go fast. 04-cheers

03-29-2024 06:51 AM
BearcatDave Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-29-2024 06:51 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  [quote='Bruce Monnin' pid='19544857' dateline='1711684162']
Does sound like fun.

I have to agree; I was stunned by the ticket prices. And I understand that a portion of the money will support Cincy Reigns, but it seems they'll be playing to a lot of empty seats in Nippert which won't be a particularly good look.

Given the price point, wouldn't it have been better to hold this in Fifth Third Arena and attempt to fill the lower bowl for better optics? I wouldn't want to pay $103 to sit in the pavilion in Nippert in an early April rainstorm, especially for a non-sports event.

Having said this, I'm deeply appreciative of what the Kelce brothers have done, and continue to do, to support our University. I'm just puzzled by some of the planning decisions around this. Of course if the story leaks two days beforehand that Taylor Swift will be attending, those seats will go fast. 04-cheers
[/quote

Got an email and it says Joe Burrow will be there

04-04-2024 07:08 PM
Advertisement

namrag Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-29-2024 06:41 AM)Cat_Litter Wrote:  I watch these guys every week, but a hundred bucks? I see students are free though. Shoulda took a class.

Student tickets are limited.
They have to enter a lottery for them.
My daughter and one of her friends found out today that they both won tickets.

04-04-2024 08:41 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

As a Bearcat fan who is not a Bengals fan, the Joe Burrow thing draws a big yawn. Unless he's going to talk about how bad it was being at Ohio State.

04-04-2024 11:04 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(04-04-2024 11:04 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  As a Bearcat fan who is not a Bengals fan, the Joe Burrow thing draws a big yawn. Unless he's going to talk about how bad it was being at Ohio State.

My feeling as well. However if it helps bring Tri-State residents to Nippert and the UC campus for the first time to see bona fide NFL stars, I'm fine with it.

Regarding the student body, I wonder how many students will be allowed in and where they'll be placed in the stadium? It's another opportunity to showcase UC in the media so I'm hoping for a large, enthusiastic turnout and beautiful weather for this event. Local TV is giving it a fair amount of play this week already.

04-05-2024 08:24 AM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(04-05-2024 08:24 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  Regarding the student body, I wonder how many students will be allowed in and where they'll be placed in the stadium? It's another opportunity to showcase UC in the media so I'm hoping for a large, enthusiastic turnout and beautiful weather for this event. Local TV is giving it a fair amount of play this week already.

Student tickets are all sold out. Not sure how many they gave to students but they went fast so I would assume this will be a well attended event.

04-05-2024 08:53 AM
BearcatDave Offline
All American

I Root For:
I hope its fun. With it being a Thursday night and having to work Friday i won't be able to make the trip from Columbus. Hope they have some good clips from it.

The Heights had Arnold on recently and it was entertaining. Cool seeing a Bearcats pennant up behind Arnold.

04-05-2024 09:27 AM
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

(04-04-2024 11:04 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  As a Bearcat fan who is not a Bengals fan, the Joe Burrow thing draws a big yawn. Unless he's going to talk about how bad it was being at Ohio State.

Better that than talking about how close he was to committing here before visiting LSU

04-05-2024 09:30 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(04-05-2024 09:27 AM)BearcatDave Wrote:  I hope its fun. With it being a Thursday night and having to work Friday i won't be able to make the trip from Columbus. Hope they have some good clips from it.

The Heights had Arnold on recently and it was entertaining. Cool seeing a Bearcats pennant up behind Arnold.

Bolded, I saw that pennant too and it was prominently placed for all the world to see. That kind of media exposure as a free ride is incredible.

04-05-2024 09:37 AM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

The Arnold podcast was highly entertaining.

04-05-2024 01:40 PM
ZCat Offline
1st String

(03-29-2024 06:47 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

It’s an NIL fundraiser.

I appreciate the Kelce Bros. Love what they do for UC.

What I never like about any fundraisers or any place that says “a portion of the sales will go to xyz”, is they rarely say WHAT THE PORTION IS. Is it 10% off gross, net…. It comes across as Trying to get more business because they’re making a donation. For me to jump on board I would rather places /companies give a little more information.

That said, the AD was on Chad’s podcast and he said a SIGNIFICANT portion of the sales will go to Cincy Reigns, the student athlete NIL collective. That was good to hear and should have been more common knowledge all along. Also they said there will be surprise guests and who knows who will fly in, etc.

04-05-2024 01:51 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(04-05-2024 01:51 PM)ZCat Wrote:  

It’s an NIL fundraiser.

What I never like about any fundraisers or any place that says “a portion of the sales will go to xyz”, is they rarely say WHAT THE PORTION IS. Is it 10% off gross, net…. It comes across as Trying to get more business because they’re making a donation. For me to jump on board I would rather places /companies give a little more information.

That said, the AD was on Chad’s podcast and he said a SIGNIFICANT portion of the sales will go to Cincy Reigns, the student athlete NIL collective. That was good to hear and should have been more common knowledge all along. Also they said there will be surprise guests and who knows who will fly in, etc.

Bolded, I agree and it's become a common ploy in marketing lots of consumer products today. It always begs the questions, "how much for the cause?" and "for what specific purpose?". Donors have a right to know. We'll wait and see and maybe the Kelce Brothers will announce a matching gift at the event, though that's their decision and my understanding is they both give generously to UC already.

I'm not questioning the value of Cincy Reigns in this case, but with a high ticket price the expectation would be more than half going to that charitable cause. At $103 a pop, Cincy Reigns better get more than just those three extra dollars.

04-05-2024 03:20 PM
Advertisement

BearcatDave Offline
All American

I Root For:
(04-05-2024 03:20 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(04-05-2024 01:51 PM)ZCat Wrote:  

It’s an NIL fundraiser.

Bolded, I agree and it's become a common ploy in marketing lots of consumer products today. It always begs the questions, "how much for the cause?" and "for what specific purpose?". Donors have a right to know. We'll wait and see and maybe the Kelce Brothers will announce a matching gift at the event, though that's their decision and my understanding is they both give generously to UC already.

I'm not questioning the value of Cincy Reigns in this case, but with a high ticket price the expectation would be more than half going to that charitable cause. At $103 a pop, Cincy Reigns better get more than just those three extra dollars.
I hope lots of Cincy light is drank at the event

04-06-2024 11:07 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
A little primer...

04-07-2024 09:06 PM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

Other than supporting UC athletics, I’m trying to figure out why I’d want to spend an hour or two attending this.

For $100 per ticket, Travis should bring his girlfriend. Sure, no UC football fans would attend, but UC would make a killing

This whole event has been so oddly done.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2024 06:13 PM by BearcatsUC.)
04-09-2024 06:03 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(04-09-2024 06:03 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  Other than supporting UC athletics, I’m trying to figure out why I’d want to spend an hour or two attending this.

For $100 per ticket, Travis should bring his girlfriend. Sure, no UC football fans would attend, but UC would make a killing

This whole event has been so oddly done.

Bolded, yep and the one constant is the unpredictability of April weather in Cincinnati. I just saw a report on Channel 5 moments ago saying UC has "a plan" if the weather turns bad (as predicted) that evening. Squeeze everyone into 5th/3rd? I'm not sure why it wasn't located there to begin with. $103 to sit up in the pavilion in a spring thunderstorm?

Hey, I really hope it all works out fine though. The Kelce Brothers, at the height of their popularity, are putting a big media spotlight on UC by hosting an event to drop some cash in the Bearcats' NIL pot. I'm not aware of any event quite like this at any other P4 university in our region.

04-09-2024 06:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.