Weekly Jelly interview with Next Round
01-31-2023 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
RE: Weekly Jelly interview with Next Round
He was very, very noncommittal about playing on Thursday.
01-31-2023 01:40 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(01-31-2023 01:40 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  He was very, very noncommittal about playing on Thursday.

Just a hunch, but I personally dont think we see him till march if then.

Hope I am wrong!
01-31-2023 02:13 PM
Golden-Ticket Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
I think he plays, I thought his clear shying away from the subject may be him trying to keep him playing a secret. I don’t know how you don’t play after this long. 2 games ago he was doing the shoot around. Our goal wad probably to focus on FAU as the come back game
01-31-2023 02:22 PM
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

Ideally he would've come back before the FAU game. Every game is/was crucial for us. It was just as crucial for us to beat La Tech and Rice, as it is for us to beat FAU for the standings and getting a bye. Something is still fishy to me about his injury.
01-31-2023 02:27 PM
Golden-Ticket Offline
1st String

If he doesn’t play against FAU he may just be done. I don’t see how you can be cleared by everyone and not play another 3-4 games. This game is the biggest stage he has left for his showcase except the conference tournament
01-31-2023 02:37 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-31-2023 02:37 PM)Golden-Ticket Wrote:  If he doesn’t play against FAU he may just be done. I don’t see how you can be cleared by everyone and not play another 3-4 games. This game is the biggest stage he has left for his showcase except the conference tournament

Agreed.

It doesn't make sense at all to me.

Even though most of our games are on janky, 2nd or 3rd rate networks, he's missed out on a ton of opportunities to show out more to a big audience. His chances at the NBA are next to none, but he could showcase himself more for the G league, europe, etc.

I also thought that he had totally bought in to UAB and AK. I thought he'd be dying to be out there playing for UAB and AK. It would have killed me to see my team struggle the way it did without him on the floor (missing him clearly was not our only issue, but still...)

Maybe it really is just a pain tolerance issue, he plays Thursday, and it's me just being crazy - But my gut feeling is there is still something weird going on.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023 03:01 PM by The Answer UAB.)
01-31-2023 03:00 PM
Advertisement

Golden-Ticket Offline
1st String

It’s surely confusing. Somehow it’s not bad enough to where he couldn’t warm up with the team what 4 games ago I think, maybe 3. Now multiple weeks later I haven’t even seen him warming up. Almost like it’s worse that they thought, but why would doctors clear him. It’s odd for sure I don’t think Jelly would sit out he still needs to prove some thing or else he’d be retiring by not playing
01-31-2023 03:14 PM
jaymay2525 Offline
All American

I Root For:
He has to play in 75% of the games to qualify for being listed as leading scorer list of nation. He is already not on list even though he would be #2. He has to come back soon to get back on that list which really helps his profile.

Maybe the stress of being the leading scorer has gotten to him, i am sure it is overwhelming with the attention, demands and expectations on him
01-31-2023 05:53 PM
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
Could also be that they don't want to give away whether or not he's playing. Makes a significant difference in scouting if he does or doesn't.
01-31-2023 05:59 PM
Advertisement

Golden-Ticket Offline
1st String

I think he will play, and they will make it into an advertising thing. Day of announce Jelly returns
01-31-2023 06:20 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

Irvine said Davis and Ty brewer will play
01-31-2023 06:26 PM
grendelson138 Offline
Special Teams

We just saw a dominant road win and probably our best game of the conference season without those three players. Not sure what to root for here.
02-01-2023 04:33 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-01-2023 04:33 PM)grendelson138 Wrote:  We just saw a dominant road win and probably our best game of the conference season without those three players. Not sure what to root for here.

Yes, but we will not win many players with just 9 scholarship players, really 8 at most.

We need to root for those guys to come back, buy into the newly found defensive team effort, and everybody to sing kumbaya
02-01-2023 05:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.