Opponent: Queens (8-2, 0-0 ASUN)

Place: Freedom Hall (6,149)

Television: none

Webcast: ESPN+ *(subscription)

Radio online: 640WXSM.com

Queens 2022-2023 Schedule

Queens 2022-2023 Roster
12-13-2022 11:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
RE: Official Game Thread: Queens
(12-13-2022 11:16 AM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Date: December 14th, 2022

Time: 7:00 PM

Queens 2022-2023 Roster

Thanks ETSUfan1 for continuing to post these games. As for this game, look who they have beaten - Marshall, Green Bay, Bowling Green, et al. If ETSU stumbles onto a win here on its home court, it will be an UPSET.
Buc’ed Up said — “My how the mighty have fallen”. Ugly.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2022 01:35 PM by Buc66.)
12-13-2022 11:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU
I will be quite surprised if we win this game based on how we look right now. Queens is a good team. Here's to hoping for the reverse jinx
12-13-2022 01:45 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I noticed that in most of these games we have been losing the Bucs were favored. That to me shows that Las Vegas knows we have the players to win.
12-13-2022 05:53 PM
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(12-13-2022 11:52 AM)Buc66 Wrote:  

Queens 2022-2023 Roster

Thanks ETSUfan1 for continuing to post these games. As for this game, look who they have beaten - Marshall, Green Bay, Bowling Green, et al. If ETSU stumbles onto a win here on its home court, it will be an UPSET.

We haven’t been “mighty” in 3 seasons. Although I have been vocal about how poorly we have played and frustrated, I also don’t understand why fans, including myself, think that this program would just bounce back with no issues after the kneeling controversy, and what I feel was a horrible hire in Jason Shay. There are consequences to decisions. This program is living it.
12-13-2022 08:43 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

Whether it is football or basketball we have to get to the point where we can hire two good coaches in a row.
12-13-2022 10:49 PM
Advertisement

Meanmike0001 Offline
Special Teams

Queens is really good. A bunch of 6-4 guys who can dribble and shoot.
12-14-2022 09:02 AM
Flippmb Offline
Special Teams

(12-14-2022 09:02 AM)Meanmike0001 Wrote:  Queens is really good. A bunch of 6-4 guys who can dribble and shoot.

We could use a couple of those.
12-14-2022 10:37 AM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(12-13-2022 08:43 PM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  

Queens 2022-2023 Roster

We haven’t been “mighty” in 3 seasons. Although I have been vocal about how poorly we have played and frustrated, I also don’t understand why fans, including myself, think that this program would just bounce back with no issues after the kneeling controversy, and what I feel was a horrible hire in Jason Shay. There are consequences to decisions. This program is living it.

I really do not think what we are going through is anything new. Unfortunately our program has had these boom and bust cycles because of bad hires. Madison Brooks brought the program into the modern era in the sixties and retired in the early seventies. He was replaced by a coach that bottomed out the program. He was replace by Sonny Smith who took the Bucs to great heights. But two ensuing bad hires would bottom out the program again. Then Les Robinson was hired and took the program to historically new heights and national regard. Then he left and the school made another bad hire. The program was quickly destroyed and was worse than it is now by a wide margin. Then DeChellis was hired and he took the program to great heights and NCAA appearances. Then another bad hire was made and the program sagged for all those years. Then Bartow was replaced by Forbes and he quickly took the program back to great heights and NCAA appearances. Then he leaves and we make another clunker hire and the program goes down. The right coach changes everything and the Bucs are a good hire away from winning championships again. This team may get it done this year and start winning big. ETSU has to start replacing good coaches with good coaches instead of duds.
12-14-2022 10:39 AM
Buc66 Offline
All American

(12-14-2022 10:39 AM)bucfan81 Wrote:  
(12-13-2022 08:43 PM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  

Queens 2022-2023 Roster

I really do not think what we are going through is anything new. Unfortunately our program has had these boom and bust cycles because of bad hires. Madison Brooks brought the program into the modern era in the sixties and retired in the early seventies. He was replaced by a coach that bottomed out the program. He was replace by Sonny Smith who took the Bucs to great heights. But two ensuing bad hires would bottom out the program again. Then Les Robinson was hired and took the program to historically new heights and national regard. Then he left and the school made another bad hire. The program was quickly destroyed and was worse than it is now by a wide margin. Then DeChellis was hired and he took the program to great heights and NCAA appearances. Then another bad hire was made and the program sagged for all those years. Then Bartow was replaced by Forbes and he quickly took the program back to great heights and NCAA appearances. Then he leaves and we make another clunker hire and the program goes down. The right coach changes everything and the Bucs are a good hire away from winning championships again. This team may get it done this year and start winning big. ETSU has to start replacing good coaches with good coaches instead of duds.

Looking back to 1958-59, first major college season in OVC — it, indeed, has bern up and down — with Steve Forbes obviously being the superman among the list of coaches. You were there when the Mini-Dome opened and at least one of Sonny Smith’s two seasons? Back in the day when coaches stayed more put, Madison Brooks was coach for 25 years, and Bartow second at 12 years if my quick look is right. Yep — we’ve seen a lot of coming and going over these years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Tenne...basketball
12-14-2022 12:52 PM
Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

Sustained success between different coaching tenures has certainly not been our athletic administrations forte over the years.
12-14-2022 02:51 PM
Advertisement

posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

I am IN NO WAY trying to say this season will be a parallel, but in 2015-2016, Forbes's first year, after a truly horrible loss at UNC-A on Dec. 15, that team was 4-5. And two of those wins were Averett and Milligan. (Of course one was also Ga. Tech.) Ended 24-12. We don't have a Steve Forbes on the sideline this year, but my point, obviously (I hope), is that sometimes things look worse than they are. I seriously doubt this team will win 24 games, but should be north of 10. But we need to "gel" pretty quickly here - preferably before conference games. That 2015-2016 team, altho possessing weaknesses, also had some guys who proved to be high-level studs. Can some guys on this team raise their game? Actually, more importantly, can we do that gel thing?

There's enough talent for this team to win 16+ games; there's also enough uncertainty and lack of confidence to lose 16+ games.
12-14-2022 06:06 PM
DaBuc Brass Offline
2nd String

Jordan King is hurting this team more than he's helping it. Our guards are very average.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2022 08:26 PM by DaBuc Brass.)
12-14-2022 08:25 PM
MTBuc Offline
Special Teams

(12-14-2022 08:25 PM)DaBuc Brass Wrote:  Jordan King is hurting this team more than he's helping it. Our guards are very average.

King 2-9, 0-5 from 3. Needs to ride the pine for a while. Queens looks like an organized, well coached and hungry team. We look the opposite.
12-14-2022 08:30 PM
MTBuc Offline
Special Teams

ETSU looks like the team transitioning from D2. Queens has better athletes plain and simple.
12-14-2022 08:38 PM
shampoo Offline
All American

I Root For: blue and gold
That was a very neat last second effort. Too bad they can’t play like that early enough for it to matter. Oliver ain’t it.
12-14-2022 09:03 PM
Advertisement

MTBuc Offline
Special Teams

Remember at the peak of Forbes’ success when people talked about the possibility of a new arena with a straight face? Looking at a nearly empty Freedom Hall with a downwardly spiraling program I think a more likely scenario is eventually playing games in Brooks again.
12-14-2022 09:07 PM
shampoo Offline
All American

I Root For: blue and gold
Do they offer summer camps for 1st time head coaches that need development?
12-14-2022 09:07 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

(12-14-2022 06:06 PM)posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Wrote:  I am IN NO WAY trying to say this season will be a parallel, but in 2015-2016, Forbes's first year, after a truly horrible loss at UNC-A on Dec. 15, that team was 4-5. And two of those wins were Averett and Milligan. (Of course one was also Ga. Tech.) Ended 24-12. We don't have a Steve Forbes on the sideline this year, but my point, obviously (I hope), is that sometimes things look worse than they are. I seriously doubt this team will win 24 games, but should be north of 10. But we need to "gel" pretty quickly here - preferably before conference games. That 2015-2016 team, altho possessing weaknesses, also had some guys who proved to be high-level studs. Can some guys on this team raise their game? Actually, more importantly, can we do that gel thing?

There's enough talent for this team to win 16+ games; there's also enough uncertainty and lack of confidence to lose 16+ games.

There is absolutely not enough talent on this team to win 16 games. I think the coaching is terrible, but we also have a major talent problem especially at the guard position.
12-14-2022 09:19 PM
posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

Pretty amazing they were missing their big dog underneath, one of the top board men in the country....................and we get outrebounded by 11. Amazing, yes. Sad? Oh yes.

[edit: that rebounding margin led to a 23-5 difference in second-chance points. Also amazing.]
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2022 09:24 PM by posterformerlyknownasthedoctor.)
12-14-2022 09:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.