Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Yormark On Newcomers, Future Expansion
Bookmark and Share
BraveKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2022 09:47 PM by BraveKnight.)
12-07-2022 09:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BraveKnight Offline
All American

RE: Yormark on newcomers, future expansion
12-07-2022 09:47 PM
The WEST is the BEST Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
RE: Yormark On Newcomers, Future Expansion
CU in the Big XII will provide Coach Prime better media exposure and a much-improved recruiting base over PAC12.

Can you imagine the media exposure when the Buffs play in Houston, DFW, Orlando, Vinci, etc.?
12-08-2022 07:37 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Hoping it all breaks loose soon. Would love to see new additions come into the fold.
The 4 corner schools and Gonzaga make tons of sense. That said there is a lot of T's to cross.
12-08-2022 09:37 AM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies
Adding a basketball only doesn't make any sense. Gonzaga makes for some nice headlines, but in the long run, it doesn't make any sense.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
12-08-2022 09:41 AM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

(12-08-2022 09:41 AM)uhmump95 Wrote:  Adding a basketball only doesn't make any sense. Gonzaga makes for some nice headlines, but in the long run, it doesn't make any sense.

I think it adds some value on the basketball side of things. We get more marquee matchups, and solidify ourselves as the #1 conference for hoops. There’s some media value to that, even if it isn’t a truckload.
12-08-2022 01:56 PM
Advertisement

AzonTheKid Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kansas
(12-08-2022 09:37 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  Hoping it all breaks loose soon. Would love to see new additions come into the fold.
The 4 corner schools and Gonzaga make tons of sense. That said there is a lot of T's to cross.

I'm hoping that everything has been quiet because things are shuffling behind the scenes. I think it all comes down to the UCLA thing. Honestly it'll be worse for the Pac if they force them to stay. B1G will just take UO, UW and Stanford.
12-08-2022 02:28 PM
eglooney Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Texas Tech, Texas A&M
(12-08-2022 09:37 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  Hoping it all breaks loose soon. Would love to see new additions come into the fold.

San Diego St & Fresno St give the XII a ton of viewers in California. That would make the XII Network far more desirable on the West Coast. If UW & OU don't sign the GoR deal holding out for the B1G, the 4C schools would also be a great add.

Gonzaga makes sense on its own as they can be added using the $80M x2 OU & Texas are paying the Conference in exit fees (separate from media rights fees and non-negotiable - they still have 88 years to run for the other schools [and, supposedly already signed onto by the 4 new schools]) and they'll then already be a part of the next negotiating window.

XII schools won't be making any lateral moves because of the exit fee. B1G & SEC are possibilities, but not the PAC or ACC.
12-08-2022 02:43 PM
eglooney Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Texas Tech, Texas A&M
(12-08-2022 09:41 AM)uhmump95 Wrote:  Adding a basketball only doesn't make any sense. Gonzaga makes for some nice headlines, but in the long run, it doesn't make any sense.

Actually, Gonzaga would draw around $10M (or less) annually from the League since they don't have football. This could be paid for over the next 8 years simply applying OU & Texas' $80M (each) exit fees and they'd still have $80M left over. Then, the Zags would already be part of the League in the next round of media rights negotiations.
12-08-2022 02:47 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-08-2022 02:47 PM)eglooney Wrote:  

Actually, Gonzaga would draw around $10M (or less) annually from the League since they don't have football. This could be paid for over the next 8 years simply applying OU & Texas' $80M (each) exit fees and they'd still have $80M left over. Then, the Zags would already be part of the League in the next round of media rights negotiations.

The only question with Gonzaga is will TV add enough to pay them with a small bonus to current members. TV would need to add about 7to 7.5 to make it a win win for all sides. 7.5 added to current deal would give zags 6.2 mil per year, and current schools could get an additional 100K for bringing them on board.
12-08-2022 03:49 PM
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
Yormark's recent comments sound more like coachspeak. Doesn't really get me excited that the Big 12 will actually expand in the near future.

I would love to see Gonzaga in the Big 12. That's an additive move. The travel issues are exaggerated.

Four PAC 12 schools doesn't really get me excited unless the list includes Oregon or Washington...although the excitement for a potential Colorado move back to the Big 12 has definitely bumped up several notches with Coach Prime in the equation.
12-08-2022 06:37 PM
Advertisement

Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
Would there be any foreseeable benefit to a full on merger with the PAC 10?

I feel like Yormark is using the threat of elevating MWC programs within the PAC 10 footprint as a means to scare the PAC 10 into some sort of partnership.
12-09-2022 12:23 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-09-2022 12:23 AM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  Would there be any foreseeable benefit to a full on merger with the PAC 10?

I feel like Yormark is using the threat of elevating MWC programs within the PAC 10 footprint as a means to scare the PAC 10 into some sort of partnership.

Don't think so.
12-09-2022 05:35 AM
UCF-ENG Offline
1st String

The Big East was such a mess with basketball only schools. I hope we don’t add Gonzaga for that reason.
12-09-2022 07:48 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(12-09-2022 07:48 AM)UCF-ENG Wrote:  The Big East was such a mess with basketball only schools. I hope we don’t add Gonzaga for that reason.

BB only school says small time to me!
12-09-2022 08:07 AM
muckdawg24 Offline
Special Teams

I agree, the conference is already super strong as is. It's not like we're bringing in UNC or Duke here.
12-09-2022 10:56 AM
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-09-2022 07:48 AM)UCF-ENG Wrote:  The Big East was such a mess with basketball only schools. I hope we don’t add Gonzaga for that reason.

BB schools in BE had 1/2 the power. The B12 isn't going to have 12 BB schools. 1 to 4 would not be an issue.
12-09-2022 11:16 AM
bear2be2 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Baylor
(12-08-2022 06:37 PM)YNot Wrote:  Yormark's recent comments sound more like coachspeak. Doesn't really get me excited that the Big 12 will actually expand in the near future.

I would love to see Gonzaga in the Big 12. That's an additive move. The travel issues are exaggerated.

Four PAC 12 schools doesn't really get me excited unless the list includes Oregon or Washington...although the excitement for a potential Colorado move back to the Big 12 has definitely bumped up several notches with Coach Prime in the equation.
I would agree with everything in your final two paragraphs.

As for Yormark's comments, I just don't think there's much to report right now. Everything is in a holding pattern until the UCLA stuff gets ironed out and the PAC-12 gets concrete media numbers.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022 02:41 PM by bear2be2.)
12-09-2022 02:40 PM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

(12-09-2022 02:40 PM)bear2be2 Wrote:  
(12-08-2022 06:37 PM)YNot Wrote:  Yormark's recent comments sound more like coachspeak. Doesn't really get me excited that the Big 12 will actually expand in the near future.

As for Yormark's comments, I just don't think there's much to report right now. Everything is in a holding pattern until the UCLA stuff gets ironed out and the PAC-12 gets concrete media numbers.
Yeah I don’t think there’s any way the PAC schools are added for next year. Everything will probably happen next summer if it does at all.
12-11-2022 04:03 PM
Acres Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston, Texas Southern
(12-11-2022 04:03 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  
(12-09-2022 02:40 PM)bear2be2 Wrote:  

Yeah I don’t think there’s any way the PAC schools are added for next year. Everything will probably happen next summer if it does at all.

Next summer is too late. The pac12 will need have their deal, grants of rights signed and expansion happen by next spring.

Then there is the matter of scheduling. Any school joining the pac12 will need to work out its scheduling . Similarly any school, that desires to leave the pac12, to join the big12 will need sufficient time to work out its schedule.

Arizona visits Kansas state in 2024. That game will become a conference game.

At this point, am actually convinced no pac12 will leave for the big12. If it happens, it will need to happen by January
12-11-2022 08:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.