Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Section 405 whiner
Bookmark and Share
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
Section 405 whiner
My seats are in #405

There is a duo (I don't know either) that root hard, purple socks, purple face paint etc....very chatty.

They are loud and non-stop but nothing over the top like F-bombs etc.

Some whiney bi#ch and her emasculated husband left MTSU early and had words with the two fans on the way out.

Hopefully, the bi#ch and her husband find a more suitable venue in the future. Her are possible matches, a cemetery, a home for the aged, a silent protest.

Jeff Bourne claims "Dukes are better than that" in his bend-over sportsman propaganda that stems from the UVA basketball game.

Two guys that paid $30 bucks a seat, bought $8 beers, traveled from who knows where, bought JMU gear at the bookstore deserve better than getting a verbal assault from a whiney bi#ch for having the nerve to cheer for a football team at a football game.
09-04-2022 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Section 405 whiner
Why go to a game at all if all you are going to do is sit there quietly and then complain other fans are cheering?

You are at a football game. expect rowdy fans, fans who stand up during plays.

If you want to be quiet, sit up high or hang out in the concourse.
09-04-2022 01:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Purple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
If that bugged them, then they definitely would have been in cardiac arrest if they had been sitting near me.
09-04-2022 01:50 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
Why go to a game at all if you are going to complain about other fans cheering? *eyeroll* Stay home and watch it on TV where you can have all the quiet you want.
09-04-2022 02:43 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

(09-04-2022 02:43 PM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  Why go to a game at all if you are going to complain about other fans cheering? *eyeroll* Stay home and watch it on TV where you can have all the quiet you want.

Exactly. You'll get the best views and replays of the game sitting at home watching on TV... Don't go to the game and complain about people who are cheering and are there for the atmosphere. Those people are the ones who are there for the right reasons.
09-04-2022 03:20 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

(09-04-2022 02:43 PM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  Why go to a game at all if you are going to complain about other fans cheering? *eyeroll* Stay home and watch it on TV where you can have all the quiet you want.

They were just miserable a-holes who were all butthurt because their team was getting smoked like a cheap cigar.
09-04-2022 04:15 PM
Advertisement

KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

(09-04-2022 04:15 PM)Purple Wrote:  

They were just miserable a-holes who were all butthurt because their team was getting smoked like a cheap cigar.

I got the impression they were JMU fans. Which I've certainly experienced a few JMU fans like that.
09-04-2022 06:11 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I think I actually saw/heard this woman complaining to the ushers and an officer on her way out of the stadium. A few of the fans in our section were chuckling at her complaints because we stand and make noise too. She was pointing up at the 400's and fussing.

Did the yellow vests actually do anything?
09-04-2022 06:18 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

I have never quite understood why some fans think attendance at at sporting event like football or basketball for example should be like a night at the theater or the opera. Just plain weird.

Brian
09-04-2022 06:26 PM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I never saw a yellow vest which is probably for the best. I think nearby fans may have intervened by started another chant that Mr. Bourne would not condone. Something like, "Go home bi#ch". They can't kick all of us out.

JMU fans are totally out of control and need to be tasered by the RMC event staff for any sign of emotion besides clapping our hands, but only at the right times and we certainly can't disrupt the concentration of the opposition especially on third down.
09-04-2022 06:37 PM
CarRamrod Online
1st String

I'm in 405 and didn't see any of this, there was some dude that couldn't stop yelling insults at Bourne and Cignetti. It was either really bizarre or meant to be sarcastic.
09-04-2022 06:44 PM
Advertisement

Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
It's not the library. It's a sporting event. If you prefer the library please enjoy the game at home.

That said, I appreciate the Dukes Do Better campaign. The UVA Tony Bennett chant was the most classless thing that's come out of a JMU event in the last decade and we are better than that.
09-05-2022 10:21 PM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

Some people will never get it. And those people don't understand why others are being loud and (to them) obnoxious.
This isn't a JMU thing. This is an everywhere thing.
I have no problem with people choosing not to cheer, but I 100% have a problem with those people getting mad at those that do cheer.
Part of what makes a home field advantage an advantage is the fans.
I understand if someone is yelling obscenities or something like that. But just being loud? I'll support the loud fan every single time.
It's my responsibility to support it and stick up to those that are just trying to have a good time.
09-06-2022 08:26 AM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

(09-05-2022 10:21 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  It's not the library. It's a sporting event. If you prefer the library please enjoy the game at home.

That said, I appreciate the Dukes Do Better campaign. The UVA Tony Bennett chant was the most classless thing that's come out of a JMU event in the last decade and we are better than that.

I don't disagree...this I know because I heard Tony Bennett say it on the Tony Bennett radio show.

TB was asked, what are the best venues/environments that you have you played in this year?

TB:
1) Duke 2) James Madison

I don't disagree that the UVA chant was not the best way to root, it wasn't...

This I don't get, Duke fans throwing acne medication at a player with back acne or screaming SAT scores at players is a great home court advantage but words at a JMU game are just, as Sir Charles would say, "tuurrible"

I get that parents may cringe if the F word comes out but as a friend that was at the UVA game said, "my kids have to come out of the house and they have been taught what to say or not say regardless of what they hear at a game"

Now we need another campaign...

For sure we won't hear nasty chants at the Valley Forge or Gaudulett games so the word police can take those games off
09-06-2022 09:31 AM
DUUUUKES Offline
Water Engineer

I am in section 405 also. It is probably the same old hag that took my 9-year-old daughter's beach ball and kept it after my kid smacked it into the crowd for fun. The beach ball didn't get passed around the crowd at all. As soon as my daughter hit it some lady got it and kept it.
09-06-2022 09:37 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

Back in the day, Milwaukee Brewers used to have this public service announcement at County Stadium. Ad was played on the video scoreboard. It was funny because everybody either knew, had experienced, (or was) this person:

09-06-2022 09:42 AM
Advertisement

JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(09-06-2022 09:37 AM)DUUUUKES Wrote:  I am in section 405 also. It is probably the same old hag that took my 9-year-old daughter's beach ball and kept it after my kid smacked it into the crowd for fun. The beach ball didn't get passed around the crowd at all. As soon as my daughter hit it some lady got it and kept it.

Wow. If it is the same person, then she's the one that needs to be kicked out of the section.
I would like to name her TBK, or The Bridgeforth Karen.

Or... TBH, The Bridgeforth Hag
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2022 10:01 AM by JMad03.)
09-06-2022 10:00 AM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
Sorry...but what stops anyone from taking a beach ball from an old hag?
09-06-2022 10:03 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

At some point, she'll say the wrong thing to the wrong person (especially if a kid is involved) and someone will go full Beth Dutton on her.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo8IS_8j9Setp0llMnQN7...p;usqp=CAU]
09-06-2022 10:10 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(09-06-2022 10:03 AM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  Sorry...but what stops anyone from taking a beach ball from an old hag?

She's like that neighbor that keeps all the balls the kids knock into her yard.
'They're mine now! I keep them!!!'
09-06-2022 10:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.