Positive news for NIU
07-30-2022 10:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Positive news for NIU
(07-30-2022 10:16 PM)uiniu57 Wrote:  https://newsroom.niu.edu/inst_news_relea...VMEv4I0y44

01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs good link
07-30-2022 11:21 PM
CollegeMan33 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
How about fall 2022?
07-31-2022 06:11 AM
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
This is '21 news, no?

President Freeman patting herself on the back for a 3% decrease in students, just because there was an uptick in applications is ridiculous. Equivalent to Biden and his press giving him a participation trophy for gas prices dropping from $4.75 to $4.50. $4.50 is too high, and NIU used to have 25k students. 20k students, even in a politician-hobbled state like Illinois should be very obtainable for NIU at this juncture given it's location and enrollment history. Freeman is not much of a leader, anxious for a more competent replacement.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2022 08:02 AM by NIUfilmmaker.)
07-31-2022 06:57 AM
Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

(07-31-2022 06:57 AM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  This is '21 news, no?

President Freeman patting herself on the back for a 3% decrease in students, just because there was an uptick in applications is ridiculous. Equivalent to Biden and his press giving him a participation trophy for gas prices dropping from $4.75 to $4.50. $4.50 is too high, and NIU used to have 25k students. 20k students, even in a politician-hobbled state like Illinois should be very obtainable for NIU at this juncture given it's location and enrollment history. Freeman is not much of a leader, anxious for a more competent replacement.

Filmmaker, I would love to reply to your gas comment, but I won't because this is an NIU sports forum. I come here to keep away from the constant toxic politics that surrounds everybody daily. You are such a good poster on NIU sports, but I dislike your politics. I am sure you dislike mine. Let's keep this forum clear of biases except NIU. That is the only bias that should be allowed.
04-cheers
07-31-2022 09:12 AM
Big Red Offline
All American

(07-31-2022 06:11 AM)CollegeMan33 Wrote:  How about fall 2022?

That's in the future.
07-31-2022 09:25 AM
Advertisement

Big Red Offline
All American

In regards to the 3% decrease, I don't know the overall comparable numbers but it seems like a decrease in students who were enrolled during, and right before, the pandemic years would have realistically gone down for a number of reasons and might actually be in line with other comparable schools to NIU.

Or it might not be. I honestly don't know the data.

I do know that NIU was at the mercy of the state and state restrictions and mandates (as well as a lot of other factors out of their control) so, looking positively to last year's freshman class rise in number is definitely a positive and if applications and/or commitments are up again this year, then that is the beginning of a good trend for the school.

But like I said i my previous comment, they won't know the actual numbers until after the Fall '22 semester begins and, according to this report, it looks like they look at enrollment after the 10th day of the semester to determine the number.

That's not unrealistic. You'll always have students either simply not show up or fall off right away. Once they're 2 weeks in, they're basically there for the remainder of the semester.
07-31-2022 09:32 AM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
(07-31-2022 09:34 AM)jjprender Wrote:  

+1 as a reformed Dem, anyone who supports the current state of the Dem party is brain dead, a racist or both. #NIU #Merika #MAGA

#smarthuskies

Go Niu, Go USA, Let's Go Brandon
07-31-2022 10:41 AM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

Guess it's time once again to block some useless posters. 07-coffee3
07-31-2022 11:09 AM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
(07-31-2022 09:12 AM)Schaefer Beer Wrote:  

Filmmaker, I would love to reply to your gas comment, but I won't because this is an NIU sports forum. I come here to keep away from the constant toxic politics that surrounds everybody daily. You are such a good poster on NIU sports, but I dislike your politics. I am sure you dislike mine. Let's keep this forum clear of biases except NIU. That is the only bias that should be allowed.
04-cheers
Leaving out the politics, I think Freeman is in way over her head. She has done nothing to stop the enrollment and academic decline. She has also not been able to get anything on the endowment side as well. Just not the leader NIU needs.
07-31-2022 03:51 PM
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

Didn't mean to make it political, more of a slight to ineffective President Freeman and our modern press, in that they're both more than happy to spin a story in their favor, no matter how far fetched or slanted the content sales-job is. There have always been spin doctors, just seems like more and more these days politicians and figureheads are willing to throw out any wildly untrue rhetoric just hoping 21% of the unwashed masses buys into it as they sale on by on the internet.
07-31-2022 04:41 PM
Advertisement

NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
Here's some positive news. NIU has kicked off a new, multi-year fundraising campaign similar to the True North campaign from a few years back. The target for this one is $500 million. They are currently in the silent phase, rounding up initial large donors.
08-18-2022 01:15 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Dropping enrollment means less student fees means less money for athletics.
08-18-2022 01:19 PM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
(08-18-2022 01:15 PM)NIU1981 Wrote:  Here's some positive news. NIU has kicked off a new, multi-year fundraising campaign similar to the True North campaign from a few years back. The target for this one is $500 million. They are currently in the silent phase, rounding up initial large donors.

Hope there is a separate Athletics portion within the campaign.
08-18-2022 01:27 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
I wonder how big the sophomore, junior, and senior classes are. So if we get another bigger class of freshmen is total enrollment still going to drop because the senior class is still bigger?
08-18-2022 01:51 PM
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

(08-18-2022 01:15 PM)NIU1981 Wrote:  Here's some positive news. NIU has kicked off a new, multi-year fundraising campaign similar to the True North campaign from a few years back. The target for this one is $500 million. They are currently in the silent phase, rounding up initial large donors.

Has the $500 mil raise officially started? I got a questionnaire about it a few months back, but have heard nothing since. Any big donors yet? Any news on when the public portion will kick off?
08-18-2022 02:45 PM
Advertisement

NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
The public phase is something like two years down the road
08-18-2022 04:42 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Wow, that's a long time to wait to go public. You may get way more smaller donations to add up than huge donations from a select bunch.
08-18-2022 06:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Positive news for NIU
(08-18-2022 06:03 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Wow, that's a long time to wait to go public. You may get way more smaller donations to add up than huge donations from a select bunch.

As we have previously stated, this also seems to be the way Athletics operates. They go after the home run hitters while ignoring the smaller donors. They don’t realize that a few smaller donations equals a large donation.
08-18-2022 07:00 PM
brandsxb Offline
2nd String

When students don't pay tuition and fees how does the University pay for services (teachers, staff, maintenance)?
08-18-2022 07:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.