WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

End of an era
BroncoMD Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Crappies
End of an era
I made my final purchase from the WMU bookstore tonight -- if they still have the old gear in stock. My primary WMU license plate has been replaced. My WMU donations are on hold until the rebrand is stopped.

I will still support the athletics in my old gear. Many of our fellow friends/alumni are all following suit. It's an unfortunate end to the era -- but we will wait it out until changes are made.
11-28-2021 12:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bronco88Oxford Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: End of an era
(11-28-2021 12:30 AM)BroncoMD Wrote:  I made my final purchase from the WMU bookstore tonight -- if they still have the old gear in stock. My primary WMU license plate has been replaced. My WMU donations are on hold until the rebrand is stopped.

I will still support the athletics in my old gear. Many of our fellow friends/alumni are all following suit. It's an unfortunate end to the era -- but we will wait it out until changes are made.

AGREED
11-28-2021 10:25 AM
okgc Offline
Heisman

With holding sports donations only hurts the athletes.

I am sure Proudfoot could care less
11-28-2021 10:38 AM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
When donors stopped giving during the Bailey years - and told WMU why - it led to her release. Money talks.

I'm withholding as well. I've let the BOT know how I feel.
11-28-2021 03:54 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I'll still give to the athletic fund but will not buy any apparel with the "new" stuff on it.

Hopefully when powers-that-be see precipitous drop in sales (and what's being worn - or not - at home games), they'll get the message.
11-28-2021 04:17 PM
BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
The movement against the rebrand is only growing day by day. This is administration is heading on the same path as President Bailey. IMO, they are only alienating themselves from WMU. Good luck on continuing to ignore your community.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021 11:20 PM by BroncoMD.)
11-28-2021 11:20 PM
Advertisement

bronco89 Offline
Special Teams

In addition to everything that Bronco MD mentioned, I have also taken a semester off from my “guest professor” volunteer teaching duties at Western in protest. I plan to get back in the classroom in the spring because I enjoy working with the kids but we need to get the message to this thick headed administration. The prof I work with understands and I have his full support.
11-29-2021 09:54 AM
HeatherF Offline
Bench Warmer

If you are withholding a donation you typically make, you need to let the University know why you aren't donating this year. Write a letter detailing why instead of a check. Simply not donating or not buying the gear is not enough.
11-29-2021 10:42 AM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

Yes - LET THEM KNOW WHY.
11-29-2021 11:13 AM
StrikeGold1 Offline
Special Teams

The alumni association reached out to me this fall asking to meet - I told them I would not check a box for the administration that simply does not care about it's alumni base. They can meet with somebody else.
11-29-2021 05:31 PM
Flashboski Offline
1st String

End of an era
You guys are something else. End of an era…..whatever. There is still plenty of gear at the bookstore with the old logo if you prefer that. I highly doubt you even set foot on campus. Just look at the bookstore website. Plenty of stuff for your WMU thrifting business. I’m calling BS.

And if anyone decides to have one of those alumni chats/check-ins, please don’t make the poor kids drive through a snow storm to Standish to meet, as an example. You are not that important or distinguished. More like notorious.

Most miserable college fanbase in Michigan doesn’t even do justice in describing the WMU fanbase.
11-29-2021 06:57 PM
Advertisement

StrikeGold1 Offline
Special Teams

^ funny that this guy is calling other people miserable about something that's very real when last week he told me I was sad and pathetic for telling everyone to relax when they were melting down about the SVSU loss. It's odd that the one calling other people hypocrites is a being...hypocrite...01-wingedeagle
11-29-2021 08:37 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

(11-29-2021 06:57 PM)Flashboski Wrote:  You guys are something else. End of an era…..whatever. There is still plenty of gear at the bookstore with the old logo if you prefer that. I highly doubt you even set foot on campus. Just look at the bookstore website. Plenty of stuff for your WMU thrifting business. I’m calling BS.

And if anyone decides to have one of those alumni chats/check-ins, please don’t make the poor kids drive through a snow storm to Standish to meet, as an example. You are not that important or distinguished. More like notorious.

Most miserable college fanbase in Michigan doesn’t even do justice in describing the WMU fanbase.

Well, I am on campus and you're full of crap. You are missing the point entirely.

As for driving to Standish... what? Kids?
11-29-2021 08:45 PM
Cocksman Offline
1st String

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is “giving Tuesday” for alumni contributions. I’ve let the school know I’ve stopped contributing. Money will eventually talk
11-29-2021 09:01 PM
BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
(11-29-2021 06:57 PM)Flashboski Wrote:  You guys are something else. End of an era…..whatever. There is still plenty of gear at the bookstore with the old logo if you prefer that. I highly doubt you even set foot on campus. Just look at the bookstore website. Plenty of stuff for your WMU thrifting business. I’m calling BS.

#1) My kid attend WMU. #2) I was just on campus for the St. Cloud State game -- probably my 10th visit to WMU/Kalamazoo for 2021. #3) I do not own a WMU thrift business but I purchase from it because the bookstores new gear is horrible.

Still wanna call BS?

I think I will send a letter back with my giving Tuesday non-gift.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2021 07:36 AM by BroncoMD.)
11-29-2021 10:07 PM
Doo Offline
1st String

If there's anything I've learned over the last couple decades as a Bronco is that in a few years we'll have another new logo. Chill out, it can't be fun to be wound that tight.
11-30-2021 07:16 AM
Advertisement

BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
(11-30-2021 07:16 AM)Doo Wrote:  If there's anything I've learned over the last couple decades as a Bronco is that in a few years we'll have another new logo. Chill out, it can't be fun to be wound that tight.

If I am "wound that tight" it's probably because my kid is there and I am more into WMU "everything" since I graduated over 25 years ago. However, I think you may be right. We all need to realize we are a middle of the road MAC school who rebrands every few years. Why even bother trying to compete with the likes of Michigan State...
11-30-2021 11:19 AM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

(11-30-2021 11:19 AM)BroncoMD Wrote:  
(11-30-2021 07:16 AM)Doo Wrote:  If there's anything I've learned over the last couple decades as a Bronco is that in a few years we'll have another new logo. Chill out, it can't be fun to be wound that tight.

If I am "wound that tight" it's probably because my kid is there and I am more into WMU "everything" since I graduated over 25 years ago. However, I think you may be right. We all need to realize we are a middle of the road MAC school who rebrands every few years. Why even bother trying to compete with the likes of Michigan State...

04-cheers

My kid is there, too, and I graduated over 20 years ago. Still VERY engaged with the community. It's a damn shame what has happened to WMU.
11-30-2021 11:52 AM
Cocksman Offline
1st String

Isn’t “wound up tight” those who have tension against those who don’t like the rebrand
11-30-2021 12:05 PM
Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

I Root For: WesternMichigan
Our old brand wasn't that great. I don't like many things about this but I am not going to stock up on that stuff. The font was generic, the colors were confusing and the football team had a different logo than everyone else. If I had my way we'd back up to the late 90's rebrand.
11-30-2021 01:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.