Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ranking the AAC stadiums
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
Ranking the AAC stadiums
05-28-2021 12:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Sideshow2313 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
RE: Ranking the AAC stadiums
Bounce House tied for 3rd. High on atmosphere yet low on amenities. Amenities will come in time.
05-28-2021 01:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mustangxc Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
Houston is underrated, Tulane is overrated.
05-28-2021 01:51 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
Besides the Fick I've been to the Liberty Bowl and Navy's stadium. Both were over a decade ago now so not fair for me to even really judge, but I wasn't a huge fan of the Liberty Bowl at that time and Navy's stadium itself was fine but the atmosphere was obviously unique and awesome.
05-28-2021 05:39 PM
Memphis Yankee Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
I love the ole girl.

[Image: xla7Emu.jpg]
05-28-2021 06:37 PM
Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

i have been to

Memphis, UCF, USF, Houston, SMU, Cincinnati, Navy, Tulane and Tulsa

Houston did it right
05-28-2021 06:42 PM
Advertisement

Poseidon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
I have been to a few. Houston's is better then you think it will be. Smu's is too flat for me the roomy benches with back bench are nice but it pushes you away from the field. I prefer a steep incline and being as close as possible.
05-28-2021 09:39 PM
knightz03 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Temple
I've been to Houston and Navy, in addition to the home team. Both were great experiences, albeit both were for conference championship games so it definitely was a heightened atmosphere. Navy's stadium is actually pretty lame but the atmosphere is fantastic, iconic even. Houston's stadium was great, almost ideal for what a high mid-major college stadium should be. Houston also gets points for that slightly NSFW edited fight song that was repeatedly ringing in my ears.

The pro stadiums do suck for atmosphere 98% of the time, but there are a lot of advantages. I love going to Temple games at the Linc - decent pre-game scene, a ton of amenities in the stadium, easy parking and commute. It would work permanently if the team was ever able to consistently fill out. My favorite CFB game experience of all games I've been to was the Notre Dame - Temple game at the Linc where Temple went in 7-0 and GameDay was in town. Couldn't have had that with a 40k on campus stadium.

I should go to more AAC stadiums. I just have a tendency to use my one or two road games a year at games against OOC P6 teams.
05-29-2021 04:37 AM
knightz03 Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-29-2021 04:37 AM)knightz03 Wrote:  I've been to Houston and Navy, in addition to the home team. Both were great experiences, albeit both were for conference championship games so it definitely was a heightened atmosphere. Navy's stadium is actually pretty lame but the atmosphere is fantastic, iconic even. Houston's stadium was great, almost ideal for what a high mid-major college stadium should be. Houston also gets points for that slightly NSFW edited fight song that was repeatedly ringing in my ears.

The pro stadiums do suck for atmosphere 98% of the time, but there are a lot of advantages. I love going to Temple games at the Linc - decent pre-game scene, a ton of amenities in the stadium, easy parking and commute. It would work permanently if the team was ever able to consistently fill out. My favorite CFB game experience of all games I've been to was the Notre Dame - Temple game at the Linc where Temple went in 7-0 and GameDay was in town. Couldn't have had that with a 40k on campus stadium.

I should go to more AAC stadiums. I just have a tendency to use my one or two road games a year at games against OOC P6 teams.

I'll add that two of the biggest issues for Temple's home game atmosphere are the fault of the season ticket holders themselves. Way too many of them buy the club seats, which are invisible and mostly silent to TV viewers, and WAY too many don't make it in for kickoff because they're enjoying themselves too much in the parking lots. I'm not mad about it at all, but it does hurt the TV perception when you've got 35-40k fans at a game but only see 18k on TV.
05-29-2021 04:39 AM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
Ranking the AAC stadiums
(05-28-2021 05:39 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Besides the Fick I've been to the Liberty Bowl and Navy's stadium. Both were over a decade ago now so not fair for me to even really judge, but I wasn't a huge fan of the Liberty Bowl at that time and Navy's stadium itself was fine but the atmosphere was obviously unique and awesome.

The Liberty Bowl has been significantly upgraded, but its still old. Tiger Lane was a great addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
05-29-2021 07:50 AM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
(05-29-2021 04:39 AM)knightz03 Wrote:  
(05-29-2021 04:37 AM)knightz03 Wrote:  I've been to Houston and Navy, in addition to the home team. Both were great experiences, albeit both were for conference championship games so it definitely was a heightened atmosphere. Navy's stadium is actually pretty lame but the atmosphere is fantastic, iconic even. Houston's stadium was great, almost ideal for what a high mid-major college stadium should be. Houston also gets points for that slightly NSFW edited fight song that was repeatedly ringing in my ears.

I'll add that two of the biggest issues for Temple's home game atmosphere are the fault of the season ticket holders themselves. Way too many of them buy the club seats, which are invisible and mostly silent to TV viewers, and WAY too many don't make it in for kickoff because they're enjoying themselves too much in the parking lots. I'm not mad about it at all, but it does hurt the TV perception when you've got 35-40k fans at a game but only see 18k on TV.

Similar problems at USF eventhough I can’t blame them on some games if it’s noon and you are baking in sun. Those club seats will be at a high premium vs Florida at noon in early September
05-29-2021 07:57 AM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
I don't see the attraction to Tulane's stadium.

I've never been there and it sure don't look like much on TV... must be dynamite in real life.
05-29-2021 08:03 AM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(05-29-2021 08:03 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I don't see the attraction to Tulane's stadium.

I've never been there and it sure don't look like much on TV... must be dynamite in real life.

3 things, I think...

1) It's new...ok, newER.
2) It's...quirky. It tries to be what Nippert IS: retro, nouveau-historic. It's not a cookie-cutter, bowl-type stadium, nor is it a shoe-box, nor is it an erector-set. Yulman is...distinctive and unique.
3) The New Orleans mystique. It gets "cool points" for just being in Nawlins'.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021 08:25 AM by BearcatJerry.)
05-29-2021 08:22 AM
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
i think the best name in the AAC is the “ Liberty Bowl”, i think the AAC championship game should be played here, liberty bowl just sounds “American college football “ to me

AAC needs a big time bowl for the biggest game and end of season, 2nd and 3rd ranked teams that don’t go to ny6 bowl
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021 08:55 AM by JHS55.)
05-29-2021 08:51 AM
Memphis Yankee Offline
Hall of Famer

UCF looks great on TV. I thought the Memphis gameday game against SMU Looked amazing too.
05-29-2021 08:59 AM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy

I enjoy the Linc for Temple games for the reasons you have given. Easy access off 95, room to tailgate, the concessions, and the restaurants and bars afterwards without having to move the car. Temple gets decent crowds when they play Rutgers, Villanova, Navy, and Army at home and if they keep the top half of the stadium closed off the crowds look pretty good on TV. Of course Penn St and ND sell the place out when they can lure those schools to the Linc. However most of the crowd is from Penn St and ND if Temple can get them back there again. I would much rather see Temple at the LINC than center city where the new proposed stadium is earmarked if it is ever built.

The only other AAC stadium I have been too is Navy. Great atmosphere and I had a great time. I was going to go to ECU this year for the South Carolina game, but the plans changed when I bought tickets to the Auburn - South Carolina game in Columbia later in the season instead. 07-coffee3 04-cheers
05-29-2021 09:08 AM
Advertisement

JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I've been to SMU for Temple/SMU. Other than being on campus and having Velvet Taco nearby, there's zero reason it should be ranked above the Linc.
05-29-2021 09:44 AM
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
Tulsa also has a game day Gazebo to go along with that #9 ranking
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021 10:32 AM by JHS55.)
05-29-2021 10:32 AM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(05-29-2021 10:32 AM)JHS55 Wrote:  Tulsa also has a game day Gazebo to go along with that #9 ranking

I thought that burned down because someone was cooking meth under the gazebo? Did they rebuild it already? Wouldn't surprise me. Those folks are resourceful.
05-29-2021 11:38 AM
Poseidon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
(05-29-2021 08:03 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I don't see the attraction to Tulane's stadium.

My guess would be
- 1. The intimacy with the field of play. When they had to build it they were extremely limited with space. The stands are closer the the field than any other college stadium I have ever been to. When the crowd is decent it has the feel of going to a packed club watching a great act as opposed to watching one in a packed large arena. To ge to the field from the locker rooms the players have breifly walk through the concourse under the stadium. The fans can bassically attaboy them and if you have kids its fun for them to try to give them fist bumps etc.
- 2. Its new. The Amenities are not dated at all. Even though it is smaller it is qaulity and its obvious they spared little expense.
05-29-2021 12:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.