Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Houston Attendance
Bookmark and Share
ImaTiger Offline
We fight like Tigers!

I Root For: I am a 901Tiger
Houston Attendance
Texas just opened up... no masks, stuff.

Does that mean we have to play in front of a home crowd too?
03-03-2021 08:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
RE: Houston Attendance
Houston doesn’t draw flies without restrictions... they might one of the few programs in America who did not see a covid attendance decline.
03-03-2021 08:14 AM
steves Offline
All American

I Root For: DA'TIGS'
Starts Monday ... Curious about the AAC Tourney though ...
03-03-2021 08:40 AM
gusrob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS - My Alma Mater
Get your tix. LET'S GO!!
03-03-2021 08:53 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
so ....can we get an answer to the OP? People really should look at this issue free of emotionally charged political agendas no matter what you think/believe anyone else does.

Will Houston arena be fully open for business or not?

And will they have full power and water?

I just want our players, coaches and fans to stay safe and free of covid. The rest of Texas can do what it wants.

It would be pretty sad if we got banned from the Conf tournament because of covid positives.

As for Texas covid numbers...shrug....--they are on the rise of late. Maybe due to the power outages putting people in close proximity. scroll down for a graph.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/02/...k-mandate/

Mayors and county judges in some of Texas’ largest urban areas criticized Gov. Greg Abbott over his decision to lift the statewide face mask mandate next week, saying it contradicts health officials’ advice as infections continue to spread throughout the state, which averaged over 200 reported deaths a day over the last week.

Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price, a fellow Republican, called Abbott’s order “premature” and asked him to allow more people to get the vaccine.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021 02:02 PM by snowtiger.)
03-03-2021 01:39 PM
truest blue tiger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: memphis tigers
I'm not going to even waste my time arguing with anyone about politics, yes I have mostly voted Democrat but I have voted for Republicans if I thought they were the better candidate, but I just won't engage with anyone that worships a golden statue, so that's that. But personally I don't want our team going to an arena where there are a lot of fans because the last thing that I want to see is our team having to shut down because all it takes is one positive case to shut us down, and if we make it to the dance, to get replaced by another team because we have positive cases. Even looking at this thread I know that a ton of people that don't care about Covid19, or think it's fake news or whatever, will be there and if they are infected, are not wearing a mask. and not socially distancing, somehow indirectly comes into contact with someone that can possibly spread it to a player or coach, thus ending our season. This isn't a political argument because it wasn't political when I caught it, my wife caught it, my children all adults and not living with me and their families catching it, and it wasn't political when I lost 3 friends to it. There is light at the end of the tunnel and I would prefer that everyone wait at least a month until opening.
03-03-2021 02:34 PM
Advertisement

jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
(03-03-2021 02:34 PM)truest blue tiger Wrote:  I'm not going to even waste my time arguing with anyone about politics, yes I have mostly voted Democrat but I have voted for Republicans if I thought they were the better candidate, but I just won't engage with anyone that worships a golden statue, so that's that. But personally I don't want our team going to an arena where there are a lot of fans because the last thing that I want to see is our team having to shut down because all it takes is one positive case to shut us down, and if we make it to the dance, to get replaced by another team because we have positive cases. Even looking at this thread I know that a ton of people that don't care about Covid19, or think it's fake news or whatever, will be there and if they are infected, are not wearing a mask. and not socially distancing, somehow indirectly comes into contact with someone that can possibly spread it to a player or coach, thus ending our season. This isn't a political argument because it wasn't political when I caught it, my wife caught it, my children all adults and not living with me and their families catching it, and it wasn't political when I lost 3 friends to it. There is light at the end of the tunnel and I would prefer that everyone wait at least a month until opening.

I didn't think there were any statues left
03-03-2021 02:50 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(03-03-2021 02:34 PM)truest blue tiger Wrote:  I'm not going to even waste my time arguing with anyone about politics, yes I have mostly voted Democrat but I have voted for Republicans if I thought they were the better candidate, but I just won't engage with anyone that worships a golden statue, so that's that. But personally I don't want our team going to an arena where there are a lot of fans because the last thing that I want to see is our team having to shut down because all it takes is one positive case to shut us down, and if we make it to the dance, to get replaced by another team because we have positive cases. Even looking at this thread I know that a ton of people that don't care about Covid19, or think it's fake news or whatever, will be there and if they are infected, are not wearing a mask. and not socially distancing, somehow indirectly comes into contact with someone that can possibly spread it to a player or coach, thus ending our season. This isn't a political argument because it wasn't political when I caught it, my wife caught it, my children all adults and not living with me and their families catching it, and it wasn't political when I lost 3 friends to it. There is light at the end of the tunnel and I would prefer that everyone wait at least a month until opening.

The team isn't going to come within 20FT of any fans or anyone in Houston.
03-03-2021 03:02 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(03-03-2021 02:34 PM)truest blue tiger Wrote:  I'm not going to even waste my time arguing with anyone about politics, yes I have mostly voted Democrat but I have voted for Republicans if I thought they were the better candidate, but I just won't engage with anyone that worships a golden statue, so that's that.

But personally I don't want our team going to an arena where there are a lot of fans because the last thing that I want to see is our team having to shut down because all it takes is one positive case to shut us down, and if we make it to the dance, to get replaced by another team because we have positive cases.
Even looking at this thread I know that a ton of people that don't care about Covid19, or think it's fake news or whatever, will be there and if they are infected, are not wearing a mask. and not socially distancing, somehow indirectly comes into contact with someone that can possibly spread it to a player or coach, thus ending our season.

This isn't a political argument because it wasn't political when I caught it, my wife caught it, my children all adults and not living with me and their families catching it, and it wasn't political when I lost 3 friends to it.

There is light at the end of the tunnel and I would prefer that everyone wait at least a month until opening.

Very sorry for your loss of 3 friends, and very glad you and the rest of the family are ok.

I wish Houston was coming to us.... like it should have been. An arena full of their maskless screaming fans will be challenging on so many levels.

On an NBA note...Gregg Popavich said he and players abide by NBA rules not the governor's

He ripped the ordergiver
hihttps://www.radio.com/sports/nba/popovich-rips-texas-for-easing-mask-rules-ignorants

https://www.radio.com/sports/nba/popovic...s-ignorant
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021 03:12 PM by snowtiger.)
03-03-2021 03:08 PM
SigEpMike Offline
Devil's Advocate

CrappiesMemphis Hall of FameMemphis Hall of Fame
Everyone please drop the political discussion. Please don't make us lock the thread.

On another note, Texas isn't "open" until March 10, so that won't affect the game. As someone mentioned above, it could affect the tournament, but I don't see sporting events changing that quickly.
03-03-2021 03:18 PM
big12tigers Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-03-2021 03:02 PM)Stammers Wrote:  

Having lost a close family member and nearly another one, I take covid damn serious as do all in my medical profession.

All it takes is for one non-essential personal to contaminate an article and then a player come into contact with it. It happens you know.

Hope all is safe and go Tigers.
03-03-2021 03:49 PM
Advertisement

Cletus Online
Hall of Famer

Please don't try to confuse us with any facts ............

[Image: What-did-you-say-Anchorman-GIF.gif?ssl=1]
03-03-2021 04:01 PM
Special Teams

You just made my argument, thank you very much. I'm like most people, I'm chomping at the bit to support Tiger football and basketball, but I'm looking long term with this thing. I'm a very peaceful man until my hand is forced. I just don't really want to see a packed arena anywhere because to many people don't care. It took a couple of security guards to keep me from catching a case because some yahoo walked into a business that I was at standing in line, and he was so close to me that I told him man you need to back up off me. But when he, maskless told me that he wasn't responsible for my health, and after all that I've experienced with Covid19, I was ready to cut him, and I was wrong for that. But thank God, the security people or should I say managers had him to leave because of the mask ordinance, and he argued with them. That's why I don't want our team playing before fans, to many only care about what is good for them and not humanity, and with that, GTG, beat the snot out of Houston.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021 04:03 PM by truest blue tiger.)
03-03-2021 04:02 PM
Special Teams

(03-03-2021 04:01 PM)Cletus Wrote:  

I guess you missed the part where I said someone could indirectly cause an outbreak on our team. They even being 20ft away could come in contact with someone that will possibly come in contact with a player or coach. But I get it.
03-03-2021 04:07 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

good grief

Thinking our players are more likely to catch COVID in an arena just because fans are there? Come on. They aren't going to be buying popcorn or using the public urinals. Besides, our guys have a recent dose of them valuable antibodies.

And like the rest of the country, Texas positivity numbers have been coming down steadily for at least a month now. Anyone telling you differently is absolutely playing politics.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021 04:50 PM by Tiger87.)
03-03-2021 04:49 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(03-03-2021 03:49 PM)big12tigers Wrote:  

Having lost a close family member and nearly another one, I take covid damn serious as do all in my medical profession.

All it takes is for one non-essential personal to contaminate an article and then a player come into contact with it. It happens you know.

Hope all is safe and go Tigers.

I agree. We have lost two neighbors and my wife has lost several co-workers. People in Texas just don't understand, or they don't give a rat's ass.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021 04:52 PM by Tiger46.)
03-03-2021 04:51 PM
Advertisement

Stammers Offline
Legend

(03-03-2021 04:07 PM)truest blue tiger Wrote:  
(03-03-2021 04:01 PM)Cletus Wrote:  

I guess you missed the part where I said someone could indirectly cause an outbreak on our team. They even being 20ft away could come in contact with someone that will possibly come in contact with a player or coach. But I get it.

I guess you missed the part where our team will practice on Saturday, get on a 1 hour and 45 minute flight, be sequestered in a hotel, will get dressed in a disinfected locker room, will play in an arena with other players, refs and coaches that have all been tested, won't be near ANY fans or any stuff that has a high probability of giving them the virus.

Also, I would think by now that most of our players have probably already caught it, and with all the cancellations, all that they have been through, AND they have the fear of God instilled in them, and know to be extra careful.
03-03-2021 05:05 PM
jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

(03-03-2021 03:08 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  
(03-03-2021 02:34 PM)truest blue tiger Wrote:  I'm not going to even waste my time arguing with anyone about politics, yes I have mostly voted Democrat but I have voted for Republicans if I thought they were the better candidate, but I just won't engage with anyone that worships a golden statue, so that's that.

But personally I don't want our team going to an arena where there are a lot of fans because the last thing that I want to see is our team having to shut down because all it takes is one positive case to shut us down, and if we make it to the dance, to get replaced by another team because we have positive cases.
Even looking at this thread I know that a ton of people that don't care about Covid19, or think it's fake news or whatever, will be there and if they are infected, are not wearing a mask. and not socially distancing, somehow indirectly comes into contact with someone that can possibly spread it to a player or coach, thus ending our season.

This isn't a political argument because it wasn't political when I caught it, my wife caught it, my children all adults and not living with me and their families catching it, and it wasn't political when I lost 3 friends to it.

There is light at the end of the tunnel and I would prefer that everyone wait at least a month until opening.

Very sorry for your loss of 3 friends, and very glad you and the rest of the family are ok.

I wish Houston was coming to us.... like it should have been. An arena full of their maskless screaming fans will be challenging on so many levels.

On an NBA note...Gregg Popavich said he and players abide by NBA rules not the governor's

He ripped the ordergiver
hihttps://www.radio.com/sports/nba/popovich-rips-texas-for-easing-mask-rules-ignorants

https://www.radio.com/sports/nba/popovic...s-ignorant

Popavich LOL
03-03-2021 05:16 PM
Special Teams

I understand your argument, however I still feel that by playing in a close to bubble situation is the safest way to play FOR NOW, another month or so. But we can agree to disagree, with all the issues in this country, I'm proud that we have the right to do that. Everyone have a blessed day.
03-03-2021 05:16 PM
ImaTiger Offline
We fight like Tigers!

I Root For: I am a 901Tiger
(03-03-2021 08:14 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Houston doesn’t draw flies without restrictions... they might one of the few programs in America who did not see a covid attendance decline.

Best on topic response in this thread.
03-03-2021 05:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.