Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bernie releases plan to pay for all his programs
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Bernie releases plan to pay for all his programs
"Massive" new taxes, lawsuits on the fossil fuel industry, a fee on every stock trade 5 times current brokerage fees, and a projected savings of $70-80T by "saving the planet."

Among other similar proposals, and all with little or no data to support their viability.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bernie-...xplanation
02-25-2020 07:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUCoach Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: Bernie releases plan to pay for all his programs
I seriously don’t understand anyone who truly believes we can pay for all of his “free” stuff. I mean, on the face, the current federal budget is what, about $5 trillion? And, we can’t pay for it. Yet, he wants to increase it five-fold and wants us to believe the money will magically appear? GTFO.
02-25-2020 07:18 AM
Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly
What is the sum total of all assets in the U.S.? Lots of money can magically appear if there is the political will to solve problems and not ignore them.
02-25-2020 07:54 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(02-25-2020 07:18 AM)ODUCoach Wrote:  I seriously don’t understand anyone who truly believes we can pay for all of his “free” stuff. I mean, on the face, the current federal budget is what, about $5 trillion? And, we can’t pay for it. Yet, he wants to increase it five-fold and wants us to believe the money will magically appear? GTFO.

The plans include getting drug prices cheaper and all that. It could work if we get the lazy people in DC get up off their asses to passed bills to get lower prices for healthcare and all that. Their seems to be price gauging by these big corporations that greased the palms of lawmakers of both parties.
02-25-2020 07:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(02-25-2020 07:54 AM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  What is the sum total of all assets in the U.S.? Lots of money can magically appear if there is the political will to solve problems and not ignore them.

Terrifying. So basically communism then. Seize everything and kill the golden goose. Then everyone is poor together
02-25-2020 08:00 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-25-2020 07:54 AM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  What is the sum total of all assets in the U.S.? Lots of money can magically appear if there is the political will to solve problems and not ignore them.

I take it you're suggesting a government "takeover' of all those assets??? I mean, it's all really owned by the government, no??

Good lord.............an obvious communist in the making. Venezuela "used" to have quite a bit of money until Chavez and company squandered it.......now they eat pets.....
02-25-2020 08:03 AM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina

To whom to those 'assets' belong?
02-25-2020 08:04 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(02-25-2020 07:10 AM)TripleA Wrote:  "Massive" new taxes, lawsuits on the fossil fuel industry, a fee on every stock trade 5 times current brokerage fees, and a projected savings of $70-80T by "saving the planet."

Among other similar proposals, and all with little or no data to support their viability.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bernie-...xplanation

After which Markets will crash, unemployment will skyrocket, and big business will move out of the country. 2008 will be a wet dream compared to what this would do to the economy.

How/why in F*ck does he think everyone will just bend over and pay up without fighting back. "Rob from the rich and don't give it to the poor" is a recipe for disaster.....
02-25-2020 08:16 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
The saving grace is, even if he is elected president, he can't make those things happen without Congress enacting legislation, and that ain't happening any time soon.
02-25-2020 08:22 AM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.

If you're not trolling, that is scary. You're openly advocating for communism. There may indeed be no hope for this country.
02-25-2020 08:28 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

You cannot possibly be serious about this statement......
02-25-2020 08:29 AM
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

Old Bernie has himself quite a pile of money to live off of. I guess the real question is how would his plan affect people like him? I would ask the same of Hiawatha. They seem to want everyone else to pay up, but I don't really hear much about what they are offering up from their own coffers? They want big business and billionaires to pay the freight. Is being a mere multi-millionaire not big enough to take from?

Just asking for a friend?
02-25-2020 08:41 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
2021 FORM 1040EZ

What was your 2021 Taxable Income?...…………………………………._________
Send it In...……………………………………………………………………………….._________

Your Signature...……………………………………………………………………….._________
02-25-2020 08:45 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
I'm still waiting for the details and plans for how Mexico is gonna pay for the wall.
02-25-2020 08:48 AM
ODUCoach Offline
Heisman

(02-25-2020 08:41 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  Old Bernie has himself quite a pile of money to live off of. I guess the real question is how would his plan affect people like him? I would ask the same of Hiawatha. They seem to want everyone else to pay up, but I don't really hear much about what they are offering up from their own coffers? They want big business and billionaires to pay the freight. Is being a mere multi-millionaire not big enough to take from?

Just asking for a friend?

This is the crux of the issue for me. Who gets to decide who the "rich" are and how much we get to take from them? How many houses are too many?

I love when they say, "oh, we'll tax Amazon. We'll just add a tax on to every transaction. It's only fair that Bezos pays his fair share."

First of all, let's state the obvious. Amazon ≠ Bezos. Taxing transactions on Amazon will not take a single penny from Bezos' salary.

Furthermore, businesses do not pay taxes. Every transaction tax that is charged to Amazon will be directly charged to the consumer. These Bernie Bros are really going to be confused when their granola bars suddenly cost more on Amazon.
02-25-2020 08:53 AM
ODUCoach Offline
Heisman

(02-25-2020 08:48 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I'm still waiting for the details and plans for how Mexico is gonna pay for the wall.

Whataboutism 101
02-25-2020 08:53 AM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(02-25-2020 08:48 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I'm still waiting for the details and plans for how Mexico is gonna pay for the wall.

Fail. Mexico not paying for the few billion that may or may not ever be spent on a wall is not in the same galaxy as what Bernie wants to do.

The wall is not even a blip on the radar screen. If Bernie could actually enact his programs, it would turn the U.S. into something akin to what happened to Venezuela.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2020 09:07 AM by TripleA.)
02-25-2020 09:06 AM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard

I will openly state here that I do not like this guy. I like most everyone. Even those I disagree with but this guy has not one redeeming quality. That is my opinion and I’m entitled to it.
02-25-2020 09:25 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(02-25-2020 08:53 AM)ODUCoach Wrote:  

Whataboutism 101

You mean the Trump 101 debate strategy? Essentially the Trump response to every single thing Killary hit him on? Sounds like a winning strategy to me. 04-cheers
02-25-2020 09:25 AM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard

They already have. Have you not been paying attention?
02-25-2020 09:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.