Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

I've NEVER Seen A Board Like This...
Bookmark and Share
Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
I've NEVER Seen A Board Like This...
Because there is no other board like it.

- Have a game where you get called for 29 fouls and the other team gets called for 13, they shoot 29 free throws and we shoot 15, and similar examples over the years...all the calls were fine, or you can't blame the refs, OR you should be able to overcome getting raped by the refs.

- Wiseman dinged for $11,500 when the NCAA does NOTHING when the FBI has phone conversations with coaches talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars...we are in the wrong.

- We deserved to get punished in 2008 even though the NCAA had no proof...and NOTHING about Corey Maggette, Lance Thomas, Zion Williamson or anyone else.

- Talking about Cal or any other coach cheating at Memphis. I've NEVER heard any other board imply that their coaches cheat.

- Bending over nicely and not caring when we have to play tournament games at Texas A&M, at Michigan State or at UCLA, as if this happens to other schools all the time and we should be able to overcome that.

And all of this and more idiotic stuff in the name of keeping it real and not drinking the blue Kook-Aid.

Ridiculous.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019 12:42 PM by Stammers.)
11-15-2019 12:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerBo Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: I've NEVER Seen A Board Like This...
(11-15-2019 12:41 PM)Stammers Wrote:  Because there is no other board like it.

- Have a game where you get called for 29 fouls and the other team gets called for 13, they shoot 29 free throws and we shoot 15, and similar examples over the years...all the calls were fine, or you can't blame the refs, OR you should be able to overcome getting raped by the refs.

- Wiseman dinged for $11,500 when the NCAA does NOTHING when the FBI has phone conversations with coaches talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars...we are in the wrong.

- We deserved to get punished in 2008 even though the NCAA had no proof...and NOTHING about Corey Maggette, Lance Thomas, Zion Williamson or anyone else.

- Talking about Cal or any other coach cheating at Memphis. I've NEVER heard any other board imply that their coaches cheat.

- Bending over nicely and not caring when we have to play tournament games at Texas A&M, at Michigan State or at UCLA, as if this happens to other schools all the time and we should be able to overcome that.

And all of this and more idiotic stuff in the name of keeping it real and not drinking the blue Kook-Aid.

Ridiculous.

01-ncaabbs
11-15-2019 12:46 PM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
Lots of us try to fight the good fight, but you know what Ron White says. You can't fix stupid.
11-15-2019 12:48 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

It's a big club

And we ain't in it.
11-15-2019 12:57 PM
BK#14 Offline
All American

I Root For:

Ridiculous.

POST OF THE YEAR!!!
11-15-2019 01:19 PM
RekeHavoc Offline
#DoIt4Dez

Why didn't OSU have to vacate every game Young played in this year? Strict liability and all.
11-15-2019 01:20 PM
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
You forgot constantly trying to "prove" your Davey O'Brien QB award semi-finalist is not really a very good quarterback.
11-15-2019 01:40 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

Ridiculous.

Great post. I agree with all of that. Several posters bend over backwards to justify the other side and hardly do the same for Memphis’ side. Their stance is baffling to me.
11-15-2019 01:44 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
This board stretches the definition of 'fans'. lol
11-15-2019 01:48 PM
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: .
The board is fine.

We're fans man
No one said most of us are smart 03-wink
11-15-2019 01:59 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(11-15-2019 01:59 PM)Sundanceuiuc Wrote:  The board is fine.

We're fans man

Your first line can be debated rather easily.

Stammers made excellent points. I’m not the lone ranger in agreeing with his post.
11-15-2019 02:06 PM
Advertisement

RCM1029 Away
Hall of Famer

This forum - and most others - are reflective of the society we live in today.

Person A voices an opinion.
Person B voices a differing opinion.
Person A gets butt hurt because someone dared have a different opinion.
Person B calls Person A an idiot.

Reverse roles and repeat. Differences of opinion are no longer accepted. You must think the same way I do or I will get snarky and call you names like a 2nd grader.
11-15-2019 02:07 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(11-15-2019 01:40 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  You forgot constantly trying to "prove" your Davey O'Brien QB award semi-finalist is not really a very good quarterback.

The idea that differing opinions actually exist is lost on some people.

Some would rather go on crusades to prove they are right only to look simple minded later.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019 02:15 PM by macgar32.)
11-15-2019 02:13 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
meh....e'rrbody's butthurt

not e'rrbody gets over it
11-15-2019 02:15 PM
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: .
(11-15-2019 02:06 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  
(11-15-2019 01:59 PM)Sundanceuiuc Wrote:  The board is fine.

We're fans man

Your first line can be debated rather easily.

Stammers made excellent points. I’m not the lone ranger in agreeing with his post.

Yeah, it can. I've been so busy, I've not come here as much. I'm falling into the Debry/Conway class of former mods who become ghosts 03-wink

But I still like the place for the most part. Reason? I live outside of Memphis. You know how hard it is to get these discussions on the ground in NYC?

There are issues, sure, but it's better than, you know, the alternative 03-wink

Stammers points are fine, btw.
11-15-2019 02:18 PM
Alanda Offline
All American

(11-15-2019 02:07 PM)RCM1029 Wrote:  This forum - and most others - are reflective of the society we live in today.

Reverse roles and repeat. Differences of opinion are no longer accepted. You must think the same way I do or I will get snarky and call you names like a 2nd grader.

This is my view as well.
11-15-2019 02:25 PM
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(11-15-2019 02:25 PM)Alanda Wrote:  
(11-15-2019 02:07 PM)RCM1029 Wrote:  This forum - and most others - are reflective of the society we live in today.

This is my view as well.

Well it's not my view therefore it's wrong.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
11-15-2019 02:28 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(11-15-2019 01:40 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  You forgot constantly trying to "prove" your Davey O'Brien QB award semi-finalist is not really a very good quarterback.

When he gets flawless line play he is, when he doesn't, he isn't. We wouldn't have won a bunch of games that we won with Lynch and Ferguson, but we probably don't beat SMU with either of them.

I guess I must have hit a nerve, because you are the worst when it comes to officials. According to you officiating should never be blamed and for some reason you think it is on the onus of the team getting screwed (usually us) to be able to overcome it.

As for White, the problem is that you don't understand football. You fail to see the opportunity cost when a quarterback gets sacked because he is as slow as molasses, a lineman's hand brushes against his helmet (literally) or he is unable to run 3 yards for a first down when he has a wide open field in front of him. All you see is 0-0 passing on all of those plays.

My opinion of White takes everything into account and is even handed. Here is what I posted after the SMU game.

Quote:White is exponentially good when he has great protection and exponentially poor when he doesn't. If you look at Lynch's statement game against Ole Piss, there is ZERO chance that we win that game if we have White at quarterback. Having said that, I don't think we win on Saturday with either Lynch or Ferguson at quarterback; White played as good of a game as you will see.

With the last 4 games I think it is fair to continue to say that when protection isn't amazing, he isn't a great quarterback and can't win games that Lynch and Ferguson won. I also think it is fair to say that when he has great protection he is just as good and maybe better than both.

He had so much time 90% of the time he dropped back and SMU was giving us single coverage all over the field, and our receivers were wide open all over the place. He made all the throws and I there is no way that Lynch or Ferguson would have made the half dozen throws he made into tight windows.

He is getting less jittery when the pocket starts to collapse and he has been willing to take a hit to make passes. Against Temple he made the one stupid throw, but other than that he did a great job passing the ball; so that is 4 games in a row.

In a nutshell, both Lynch and Ferguson would have scored a lot more points against Ole Piss, but neither would have put as many points on the board as White did on Saturday.

Seems very fair to me. I even praised him after Temple; when almost everyone was calling for his head.
11-15-2019 02:29 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(11-15-2019 02:25 PM)Alanda Wrote:  

This is my view as well.

We have a winner.
11-15-2019 02:30 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(11-15-2019 02:29 PM)Stammers Wrote:  

When he gets flawless line play he is, when he doesn't, he isn't. We wouldn't have won a bunch of games that we won with Lynch and Ferguson, but we probably don't beat SMU with either of them.

I guess I must have hit a nerve, because you are the worst when it comes to officials. According to you officiating should never be blamed and for some reason you think it is on the onus of the team getting screwed (usually us) to be able to overcome it.

As for White, the problem is that you don't understand football. You fail to see the opportunity cost when a quarterback gets sacked because he is as slow as molasses, a lineman's hand brushes against his helmet (literally) or he is unable to run 3 yards for a first down when he has a wide open field in front of him. All you see is 0-0 passing on all of those plays.

My opinion of White takes everything into account and is even handed. Here is what I posted after the SMU game.

Quote:White is exponentially good when he has great protection and exponentially poor when he doesn't. If you look at Lynch's statement game against Ole Piss, there is ZERO chance that we win that game if we have White at quarterback. Having said that, I don't think we win on Saturday with either Lynch or Ferguson at quarterback; White played as good of a game as you will see.

With the last 4 games I think it is fair to continue to say that when protection isn't amazing, he isn't a great quarterback and can't win games that Lynch and Ferguson won. I also think it is fair to say that when he has great protection he is just as good and maybe better than both.

He had so much time 90% of the time he dropped back and SMU was giving us single coverage all over the field, and our receivers were wide open all over the place. He made all the throws and I there is no way that Lynch or Ferguson would have made the half dozen throws he made into tight windows.

He is getting less jittery when the pocket starts to collapse and he has been willing to take a hit to make passes. Against Temple he made the one stupid throw, but other than that he did a great job passing the ball; so that is 4 games in a row.

In a nutshell, both Lynch and Ferguson would have scored a lot more points against Ole Piss, but neither would have put as many points on the board as White did on Saturday.

Seems very fair to me. I even praised him after Temple; when almost everyone was calling for his head.

That post is after SMU...Yeah you changed your opinion, previously you were presenting a much harsher critique as fact and shouting down and insulting anyone who disagreed with you.

Stammers Wrote:That is absolutely INSANE on so many levels. First, the eye test. Anyone can see that Ferguson was 10X better than White, and not only was he a better passer by a mile, he had a much quicker release, he was less immobile than White and he was 10X harder to take down.

Second, White makes all of our wide receivers look not as good because he has such a weak arm and can't escape any pressure. I hope you aren't implying that White would be able to make any of the deep throws that Ferguson made and I hope you aren't implying that Ferguson wouldn't be able to hit those -5 to 5 yard passes that White hits.

Third, you want to bring up Miller? Fine. Ferguson had Henderson and Pollard as freshmen and Taylor as a sophomore. Our running backs had 48 touchdowns last season and we had the most 40+ yard runs in the entire NCAA.

If Ferguson was our quarterback last year we would have punted a dozen times all season.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019 02:43 PM by macgar32.)
11-15-2019 02:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.